• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzi

Just had a match where everyone on my team except myself and one other guy left two minutes in.
That was.. interesting.
At least I discovered a character that I really enjoy in Huskar.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/675187655

Can someone have a look at this game? It's my first as Earthshaker and I'm not sure how to play him late game (especially itemization, I'm not sure Veil as suggested by a teammate was the proper item in that case). I know I made some mistakes in terms of using echo slam (I think I only hit one really good one). Opposing team basically got wise to my antics and bought BKB's at the end (QOP had linkens-which I didn't know blocked fissure) which rendered me useless.

Artanisix

Techies will probably get the same treatment as the spirits:get added, rebalanced after a month or two of pub play, added to CM, rebalanced again.

I'm guessing it'll take a while before it gets to CM though.

I'm a little bit salty that's it taking over half a year for Legion Commander to get into CM. Shit takes way too long to move over heroes to captains mode.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
How do you guys see these Chinese teams do in Seattle? I don't see the western teams tolerating these 60 minute farm fests.

I'm a little bit salty that's it taking over half a year for Legion Commander to get into CM. Shit takes way too long to move over heroes to captains mode.
I agree, IF is way too scared about things like this. If anything LC is underpowered, so why isn't she in CM yet? I can semi understand ES not being in but the best way to know how to rebalanced heroes is to see how they're being used in competitive. Now he's too late because TI is only two months away.

Quesa

I agree, IF is way too scared about things like this. If anything LC is underpowered, so why isn't she in CM yet? I can semi understand ES not being in but the best way to know how to rebalanced heroes is to see how they're being used in competitive. Now he's too late because TI is only two months away.

Yeah I mean the worst they can do is let something about as strong as Ember into the scene.

Calidor

how does techies suicide work, can't I just blink in and suicide?

by the time you can farm blink, suicide damage is no longer worth it.

In fact, as I remember from dota1, suicide techies is only useful in the first 5 mins, then he is only useful for turtling and occasional jungle mines.

By the way, illusions 100% counters this trash hero

Chris R

I go to bed and wake up to this...

omg

edit: Someone give me a good mid to counter techies please, I wanna practice so I can boost my mmr!

JustinBB7

by the time you can farm blink, suicide damage is no longer worth it.

In fact, as I remember from dota1, suicide techies is only useful in the first 5 mins, then he is only useful for turtling and occasional jungle mines.

By the way, illusions 100% counters this trash hero

I haven't played Dota 1, but the wiki says his suicide does a shit ton of damage (mostly close range)

Range: 100
Radius: 200 Full Damage radius/ 500 Half Damage radius
Full Damage: 650/850/1150/1550
Half Damage: 350/400/450/500

Blinking in and doing 1550 damage seems.. OP.. even late game. Unless I'm missing something?

Calidor

Blinking in and doing 1550 damage seems.. OP.. even late game. Unless I'm missing something?

yes, damage reduction

edit: in fact, (and I might be wrong here) I think that with a couple of GG branches or a circlet there is no hero that can die from a lvl 1 suicide

elyetis

I haven't played Dota 1, but the wiki says his suicide does a shit ton of damage (mostly close range)

Composite damage make it a 'little' less impressive.
And well, he die, which seems like the biggest problem with it ( even with halved death time ).

Acinixys

200 radius is nothing. People will just walk away. Gonna need an RP to get maximum effect

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Stretch goals for ESL have been altered

RTEmagicC_updatedstretchgoals.jpg.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/26b7an/the_updated_esl_one_frankfurt_stretch_goals/

bounchfx

man, the set really is divisive, eh? heheh. I'm okay with that. I still like it ;).

thanks for posting the update, Ikuu. I'm glad they lowered the goals, though I'm still disappointed with how the sales have been overall. I'm happy people are able to get all the items. I really hope just because some of you dont like the LS set means you won't buy the compendium.. you're getting like 5 other sweet things with it besides the set.

haven't been posting much since I'm away from home, but we should have a pretty big drop coming up in the next few days.

Calidor

man, the set really is divisive, eh? heheh. I'm okay with that. I still like it ;).

thanks for posting the update, Ikuu. I'm glad they lowered the goals, though I'm still disappointed with how the sales have been overall. I'm happy people are able to get all the items. I really hope just because some of you dont like the LS set means you won't buy the compendium.. you're getting like 5 other sweet things with it besides the set.

haven't been posting much since I'm away from home, but we should have a pretty big drop coming up in the next few days.

don't worry man I'll support with a purchase when I get home.

BTW I think that the prize increase tracking is misleading. I'm fairly sure that I saw one ESL admin saying that they will also take into account all the money received through ticket sales (since if you buy a ticket you also get a compendium and add $2.5 to the prize pool)

As far I know that never happened

iamblades

yes, damage reduction

edit: in fact, (and I might be wrong here) I think that with a couple of GG branches or a circlet there is no hero that can die from a lvl 1 suicide

650 * .75 is 487.5. Assuming one base armor, that takes another 20 or so damage away.

There are very few heroes that will have less than 460 hp at level 1 with a couple branches. Kotl and Medusa basically, and they are right on the edge.

BTW I think that the prize increase tracking is misleading. I'm fairly sure that I saw one ESL admin saying that they will also take into account all the money received through ticket sales (since if you buy a ticket you also get a compendium and add $2.5 to the prize pool)

As far I know that never happened

They're still waiting for codes from Valve's end. I think they have been for weeks now.

bounchfx

They're still waiting for codes from Valve's end. I think they have been for weeks now.

It really sucks how often that really is the case. A lot of the time things are ready, and really just being bottlenecked by valve's implementation. Sometimes the community doesn't realize this though and companies like ESL get the hate for it. I can only imagine how much crap happens that we don't even know about.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

SNAGGLE COMING TO THE STORE!!!!!
;_;

I think the lack of sales from ESL has been caused by it being sandwiched between DreamLeague and TI4.

Also, the slow implementation of DL items might have caused people that otherwise would have purchased ESL to be more reserved.

Deadstar

Why does it seem some people hate techies and don't want him in? Meepo and invoker don't ruin the game. Why would techies? I didn't play dota og.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom