• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume the biggest obstacle would be the lack of infrastructure to handle something like the compendium. I don't know how robust the Leeg client is but its miles behind Steam.

Not robust at all. I'd say it's about 7 years worth of technology behind the Dota2 client.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Clock wrecks melee heroes in lane. Lifestealer is pretty decent with dealing with him in the mid game though.

eh clock is actually one of my preferred matchups on a lot of the greedy solos, especially if it's safelane solo 1v1. Lycan, lifestealer, beastmaster, and I'm sure many others can do just fine against clock. He can't ever really kill you if you position yourself well (near the creep wave and it's safe lane, so the equilibrium should favor you) and he can't trade hits with some of the harder hitting melees. The only thing he can do is try to cog hit you as you come to last hit, but most clockwerks are predictable and you can just juke it.

Artanisix

5KBBhT3.png

FUCK U BULLDOG

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
But does Riot have that Steam Market side business? Can they offer immortal skins and such? I think a lot of those high level compendiums are item sellers unloading keys and stockpiling items.

They can offer regular skins, their users pay out the ass for them already.

And investing into compendium items is a very poor business move because everyone will have one and will be getting all the fancy items.

It'd be like pouring money into Greevilings.

Aselith

Vote for Spiritbreaker arcana!

They can offer regular skins, their users pay out the ass for them already.

And investing into compendium items is a very poor business move because everyone will have one and will be getting all the fancy items.

It'd be like pouring money into Greevilings.

Depending on how many items there are this may not be true. Greevlings were easy to get whereas (literally everyone who had an account got an egg) these immortal items require leveling the compendium which is fairly slow and an initial buy in of 9.99. They may not be in as great a supply as you think in the end.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Anybody know where I can find some 6.81 pro pick/ban stats?

Goldmund

They should team up Fear with Merlini instead, both watching the big team fights in knowing silence, Merlini punctuating any possible outcome by saying, "What a disaster!"

inkls

Quick question. To get rewards from witnessing things like first blood, do you need to manually control the camera? Or does it work with caster view and/or directed camera?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So is it pretty much a toss-up between TL, SNA, NAR and Revenge?

Union Gaming and CNB are also in the running, they are 3-0 and 3-1 respectfully.

Quick question. To get rewards from witnessing things like first blood, do you need to manually control the camera? Or does it work with caster view and/or directed camera?
It works with the caster. It has like a 1/10000+ chance of drawing your name, so don't expect it to much for a big event like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom