• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

I can't seem to connect to the Mouz vs PR game. Come on Valve, let me watch.

It's not just you.

Don't worry, soon there should be another way to obtain Dazzurrrlator. :x
Offerings, although I think it'll probably be on the store eventually.

If there is a Dazzle plushie /w code or some sort of Anuxi TI4 welovefine item, I'm gonna run outta money.

Nine dollars can get you the dazzle set
Which is still absurdly high, but more reasonable than 30 dollars the Genuine one usually goes for.

Did the non-genuines drop for Roshan offerings or are those in stores?

A creative block is a deep seeded issue, one that you need to pinpoint and work out. Usually when I have a creative block it's because something in my life is causing me to have a mental state that is not fueling creativity. Depression, anxiety or stress are usually the main roots of the problems I find in myself.
Pressure and stress is usually really easily fixed though with smart compartmentalizing of your tasks. The smaller you break your goals down into, the easier they become to manage. One foot at a time, step by step you can push yourself through. This is most apparent when crunching at the office on a game project. Also being surrounded by like minded hardworking individuals full of passion really help drive you.
The depression solution is a bit harder. I find making myself listen to happy music, looking at really nice images and pictures, and then trying to at least get 10 minutes of work done is key to start swinging your mental state into a rhythm. When you have a clear structure to your day, it becomes a lot easier to fall into habit of working through lapses in creativity caused by depression. It's just really hard to get into.

If those things have failed you then perhaps you should take a step back and assess if your passion is still there for what you create. If you still look at the world and get excited by making art then you still have it, its just the motivation that you need to ramp up again. If you find your excitement being led elsewhere, perhaps its time to take a break and pursue a different hobby for a time.
Thank you.

I write stuff from time to time and I often have problems continuing or finishing. I'm not entirely sure if it was writer's block or just lack of motivation or not feeling well but I'll have a think about it.

I don't know how hard it is to fix whatever this is, but it's going to have to be priority number 1 before TI comes up. Not everyone can go to Seattle and watch it there.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Maybe.

~57 days until July 21

~3.4 mil away from 10m

Only need to raise ~59k/day to reach 10m.

Of course it has slowed down significantly, but it'll pick up once the Pudge courier and immortals hit.

Yeah, the Immortals could really up the amount of money, especially if Valve makes a "rare" immortal or has a lot of sets available.

Razzer

Man, the items pros build on PA are so annoying. It just seems like noone understands the hero yet. Hopefully EE's new obsession leads to him discovering the optimal way to go, but he likes his battlefury so eh.

Man, the items pros build on PA are so annoying. It just seems like noone understands the hero yet. Hopefully EE's new obsession leads to him discovering the optimal way to go, but he likes his battlefury so eh.
There's always the Phase > Helm > BKB 'pub' build which is actually solid enough to be used at all levels of play.

I don't get drums. Her Q and W mean she doesn't need extra ms and as, she doesn't need any int, those couple of agi points aren't worth it, so you're basically spending almost 2k gold for 9 strength. Might as well just buy a casual ogre club before you build it into bkb later.

Madouu

Meh this is why I didn't want CIS to get the #2 in the chinese qualifiers, they seem to flounder against top tier opposition when teams like HGT and DT tend to be able to take a few games off them.

Razzer

I don't get drums. Her Q and W mean she doesn't need extra ms and as, she doesn't need any int, those couple of agi points aren't worth it, so you're basically spending almost 2k gold for 9 strength. Might as well just buy a casual ogre club before you build it into bkb later.

Exactly. PA's my fave hero by far, so seeing her be so useless is irking me. She has shitty strength gain, you need to just accept that she is a glass cannon. Build damage. So phase not treads, for starters. Then I personally say basher, but as long as it's something with damage then whatever, it depends on the situation. BKB after that. She's pretty mobile, so the gameplan in fights should be to rely on evasion and bkb to keep you alive, and just slaughter their team.

Or bfury farm for late game. But in that game they had a weaver, so he would have just got mkb and wrecked her late.

Maybe some better players than me are gonna come in and tell me I have it all wrong and my scrubness is showing, but all my experience with her makes me think this is the way to go.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Im fairly Fears Sven set was commissioned by Valve

I doubt EG would moan about that

Something like that. I think the sets were valves way of paying them for being in the documentary. So obviously that means they only go to the players and no teams were involved.

Nirvana

Exactly. PA's my fave hero by far, so seeing her be so useless is irking me. She has shitty strength gain, you need to just accept that she is a glass cannon. Build damage. So phase not treads, for starters. Then I personally say basher, but as long as it's something with damage then whatever, it depends on the situation. BKB after that. She's pretty mobile, so the gameplan in fights should be to rely on evasion and bkb to keep you alive, and just slaughter their team.

Or bfury farm for late game. But in that game they had a weaver, so he would have just got mkb and wrecked her late.

Maybe some better players than me are gonna come in and tell me I have it all wrong and my scrubness is showing, but all my experience with her makes me think this is the way to go.

I personally hate battlefury on PA. I feel like she does good damage early, and you are wasting her early/mid game potential by farming instead of fighting. I would honestly rather see a shadowblade ganking PA than another goddamn battlefury.

I think phase > basher > BKB is the way to go to be honest, although I feel like attack speed wouldn't be horrible on the hero, to compliment her decent agi gain.

Milabrega

Already regretting my choice of lycan for most banned over bat or invoker. Not looking good so far on my Luna picks for some of the stuff like tower damage either. Tiny everywhere.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think Ned may have pointed this out before, but "andyk125" has one of the few "One of a kind" items, he is the only one to own the Bloodstone blades for Blood seeker, since he was granted a self made version despite them never being made available.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968259278/inventory/#570_2_1370464873

This guy has a self made item that doesn't even have an Icon,
http://steamcommunity.com/id/motenai/inventory/#570_2_1060069732

I guess the dress was originally going to be broken up into the actual dress and that taters, but Valve ended up making them a single item, since the taters don't show on the icon.
256px-Cosmetic_icon_Dress_from_the_Gloom.png

487px-Gloom1.jpg

kvk1

I'm pleasantly surprised that most of the prominent pros (Kuro, Fear, Synderen, etc.) can confidently hold their own during a cast.

Nirvana

phase > basher > bkb sounds ridiculous

I want to try treads > helm > bkb > mjolnirr

Just tried phase > helm > maelstrom >bkb > basher and it was sick. Feels like you get way more procs now, and the attack speed helps with that.

Also, it feels like you can see any hero in these games at the moment. Seems like nobody understands the meta at all.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So given that Blink will likely be given a light tap on the wrist in the future, how would you nerf it?

I dunno if it will, maybe something like 12s CD ---> 16s CD thought tbh I think icefrog will just keep adjusting the heroes that benefited the most from it (i.e. up the manacosts or just straight nerf heroes like brew/sk).

This PR vs HEHE game is an amazing watch. I really enjoy Kuro casting too, and hope he does a game together with Puppey later. That should be magic after watching them play Final Fight 3 together the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom