• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Already regretting my choice of lycan for most banned over bat or invoker. Not looking good so far on my Luna picks for some of the stuff like tower damage either. Tiny everywhere.

mila we fkn told u bro

Lycan was just always auto banned in china cause he hard counters China's afk farm, conservative playstyle, he's always been a pseudo-counter to hard-caries just by how quickly he wants to end the game.

Honestly, if the euro quaifiers were held before the China ones, you'd probably see even less Lycan second round bans and just him going unpicked/banned. Competitive is always about trends, and watching Lycan get first banned and Brew first picked for 4 days in a row--it affects teams. Hence the western scene so quickly jumping on the Brew train. Trends are trends, who knows if they'll actually stay come TI4, still feel like this patch is so untapped. Heroes like Huskar, Omni, Ursa, Tuskarr, etc... really need to see more play, I think all of them are great in certain situations.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like the $1 chests were a big hit, the items have higher ownership rates then anything in the set chests after only a week.

Monty/Blood Drainer have about a 5% chance of dropping per chest. The Eye of Avernus/Shroom thing have about 10-12% chance.

The Clockmaster, Vestments of the Fallen Princess, and Vanquishing Demons General have about a 10% chance of dropping. Butch and Corsair have 5% chances.

So, Very Rare = 10% chance, Extremely Rare = 5% chance.

Razzer

Live longer, live longer and more DPS I guess.

I like the Butterfly after BKB. It's not the largest damage boost but you have some absurd amount of evasion.
If you go helm then BKB then you have no impact. What's the point of surviving if you are just standing there? That's why I always get a damage item before BKB. Those many second charges are so valuable, you don't want to waste them.

Live longer, live longer and more DPS I guess.

I like the Butterfly after BKB. It's not the largest damage boost but you have some absurd amount of evasion.

If you're not extremely far ahead enemy cores will already have an MKB to counter the evasion, so the Butterfly is half useless. That gold is better spent getting Abyssal or Satanic.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is the EU hub not the primary casters of the EU qualifiers? The NA stream has way more viewers.

GD Studio has the Couch Stream as their main stream, and it can actually be really hard to find their main casting stream, since it is broadcasted by Joindota and on the "Freaks 4U Gaming" chanel. BTS makes it easy to see their main casting stream.

Razzer

GD Studio has the Couch Stream as their main stream, and it can actually be really hard to find their main casting stream, since it is broadcasted by Joindota and on the "Freaks 4U Gaming" chanel. BTS makes it easy to see their main casting stream.
There is also the 'EU hub' stream.

elyetis

Except if their carry are stupid/don't have farm at all, they will already make a mkb because of your passive, seems like a bad choice to make an item which is most likely to be countered.

shira

Looks like the $1 chests were a big hit, the items have higher ownership rates then anything in the set chests after only a week.

Monty/Blood Drainer have about a 5% chance of dropping per chest. The Eye of Avernus/Shroom thing have about 10-12% chance.

The Clockmaster, Vestments of the Fallen Princess, and Vanquishing Demons General have about a 10% chance of dropping. Butch and Corsair have 5% chances.

So, Very Rare = 10% chance, Extremely Rare = 5% chance.

What's the unusual butch drop rate then?

Kade

My mom made me shave my TI4 beard.

KEv5IjH.jpg
RIP April 2014 - May 2014

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Should've come to my graduation instead. There's going to be pizza at the reception.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What's the unusual butch drop rate then?

Fuck, Uh, I think I can check that. Lets see... its about 5% for normal Butch, and .4% for the Unusual one. So 1/20 have a normal Butch, and 1/250 have an Unusual one. Thats what my numbers show.

edit: Wait, my math sucks. Halve all the odds, I forgot to account for there being two chests.

shira

Fuck, Uh, I think I can check that. Lets see... its about 5% for normal Butch, and .4% for the Unusual one. So 1/20 have a normal Butch, and 1/250 have an Unusual one.

insane thanks

iyFvnI1zW0wUY.png

Tobi just posted the WPC-ACE groupstage schedule. It starts in 2 days WTF.

C9 in the group of death - so good for TI4 practice though
iF3VY968S6uDI.png

BO1s which leads to seedings, then BO3's till last day BO7

Artanisix

They started letting people into the arena and then I was like cool ima sit in line for food N THEN THEY KICKED ME OUT AND SAID NO ONE IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN HERE

SamVimes

insane thanks

Tobi just posted the WPC-ACE groupstage schedule. It starts in 2 days WTF.

C9 in the group of death - so good for TI4 practice though

BO1s which leads to seedings, then BO3's till last day BO7

I think the group of death is on purpose: they got the first 3 teams in the eastern qualifiers and the first in the western. They want to give the best teams in the qualifiers the best chance to come out of the next phase.

Yes they did. It was a multiple hour break that killed iG's momentum and allowed DK to make history by beating a 0-3 deficit.
Sounds like a mistake to have a break if the score is 3-0. Have it after 3 if the score is 2-1, or after 4 if the series hasn't ended by then.

Lumi's camera work is really bad.

Siktastic

Banned
If anyone wants to play sometime please let me know. I'm still learning alot about the game; but I have a pretty good handle on it. I want to play with more experienced players so I can get better as well. I play windrunner >.<

iamblades

I like Outworld Devourer

is OD good?

Only like the best strictly 1v1 laner in the game, and wrecks non intelligence heroes.

Also very strong vs illusion and summon heros because of the bonus damage on the orb. Offset by the fact that he lacks any wave clearing ability at all.

Weak vs lock down and magical burst damage cause it forces you to build defensive items like BKB which delays your intelligence items that you need to do damage.

He is basically the anti-carry carry, as most normal carries won't have high intel, and the pure damage on the orb defeats the high armor most carries rely on to survive.

alright, second question:

why is Mirana's auto attack the most pissy, awful feeling thing? I hate it. It feels so weak and slow. there's like no impact to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom