• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright, second question:

why is Mirana's auto attack the most pissy, awful feeling thing? I hate it. It feels so weak and slow. there's like no impact to it.

I think if the arrow fired didn't arc it would feel a lot more powerful, but I guess they didn't want the autoattack to look at all like the actual juicy arrow to avoid confusion

Zeth

Not to mention Mirana's Sacred Arrow which is clearly described as an "arrow" being "fired" is actually a spear that she throws with her arm.

iamblades

bro you havent had shitty auto attacks until youve tried lina

Lina has the worst animation mathematically speaking, but with her super long range and fiery soul, it is not nearly as bad in practice.

Zeus has nearly as bad of an animation but barely half the range.

Drow and clinkz have roughly equivalent animations aside from the shorter backswing but as agi heroes it gets much easier more rapidly.

DarkKyo

A944C3547CF537D6B7792EE63DDF005F815340B5

WTF??

AA's animation is fast and sounds nice, CK's sound is great, AM's is easy and mana break is satisfying, gunning people down with OD's Orb is always great, Brew has a very fast and satisfying animation, especially when it crits.

FACE

Banned
AA's animation is fast and sounds nice, CK's sound is great, AM's is easy and mana break is satisfying, gunning people down with OD's Orb is always great, Brew has a very fast and satisfying animation, especially when it crits.

PA when she crits, the blood splatter is so good.

Demoli

BH crit is probably one of the most nerve-wrecking sounds to hear as a support. You know you're in deep shit when no one's around/everyone's fighting someone else and you just hear that. Same thing with Riki backstab/blink.

Hex is also a scary as fuck sound.

Edit:

When I think of Chinese dota I think of the hero _________

Dragon Knight

Randdalf

My friend just won a 1v1 SF mid against a random pubber we stomped in a matchmaking game. We were trash talking pretty hard to be fair.

iamblades

For me it has to be Void when he procs a timelock

Nothing is more satisfying than hearing that heavy THUNK sound

even without a timelock I love void's animation, it is just so crisp and has a well defined hit point. Whereas antimage has a much better animation technically, I find it way easier to time void's

Antimage just kinda vaguely swings his blades back and forth slicing and dicing, but when void's mace lands, you know it.

Spectre's animation bugs me for the same reason, just feels too vague.

I love beastmaster, brewmaster, bloodseeker, pudge, dragon knight, sven, phantom lancer, etc, because they mostly all feel solid and well defined, even though they are substantially worse than AM or Spectre.

As for ranged heroes, I really like Huskar's animation. it is really snappy and the missile moves super fast.

Demoli

even without a timelock I love void's animation, it is just so crisp and has a well defined hit point. Whereas antimage has a much better animation technically, I find it way easier to time void's

Antimage just kinda vaguely swings his blades back and forth slicing and dicing, but when void's mace lands, you know it.

Spectre's animation bugs me for the same reason, just feels too vague.

I love beastmaster, brewmaster, bloodseeker, pudge, dragon knight, sven, phantom lancer, etc, because they mostly all feel solid and well defined, even though they are substantially worse than AM or Spectre.

As for ranged heroes, I really like Huskar's animation. it is really snappy and the missile moves super fast.

This was the reason it took me ages to adapt to the then new Bristleback attack time. It hit like 0.5s before the visual hit, it felt like you would be hitting nothing until you got a few AS buffs.

Zeth

[Merlini Plays] Dota 2 - Ogre Magi

Merlini gives commentary on a 65 minute game he played a few weeks ago. The game is very entertaining and his commentary is very educative, somehow he managed to keep it interesting for 70 minutes. Would definitely recommend anyone to watch.

Thanks for posting this! Just finished watching. Lots of good insight by Merlini, and a very interesting game. That single-racks defense coordination was really impressive. I love Merlini's cold, calculating play style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom