• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirvana

It was even better when I clicked on his profile and I saw he had a bit of a losing streak.

You can ascribe the same mantra to Dota as you can to gambling 'While I'm winning, someone else is losing'. The fact that I'm comparing what should be a fun passtime to something that can be life destroying is a little too telling I think...

Acinixys

I don't play all pick so I don't see any of those dedicated riki pickers (peruvians I'm guessing), but it's surprising how many people play him like he has permanent invisibility before he reaches level 6.

Most people play Riki like they play Pudge (badly)

They hit level 6 and stop farming and roam 24/7 achieving nothing, and then end up lvl 11 at 30 mins with only boots

Who's the saltiest person you've ever seen in-game, GAF?

When playing unranked and you end up the solo with a 4 stack

Literally everything is your fault

Raytow

What can you do when you find out who was hidding your shiva's guard items but the game is over? fucker practically ruined the game for me was so distraught that couldn't play anymore checked the replay and it was the scumbag of the beastmaster, no way to post report him?

ViviOggi

What can you do when you find out who was hidding your shiva's guard items but the game is over? fucker practically ruined the game for me was so distraught that couldn't play anymore checked the replay and it was the scumbag of the beastmaster, no way to post report him?

Nope, can only report people during a match.

You can report his steam account.

lmao like that's gonna do anything

reporting steam accounts is useful only when people are using hacks. and that's being optimistic. if you expect valve to have anything beyond half assed automated systems for consumer support, you're expecting too much

A Pudge who got pissed because I took a rune that he let himself get killed by an enemy to teach me a lesson.

We lost the game; where he told everyone in allchat that it was my fault for doing so when I decided to not let get mid the rune.

Although yeah, I only took it once and still proceeded.to support my ass off the game after he lost his temper. He was probably the worst person I met while playing Dota.

A Pudge who got pissed because I took a rune that he let himself get killed by an enemy to teach me a lesson.

We lost the game; where he told everyone in allchat that it was my fault for doing so when I decided to not let get mid the rune.

Although yeah, I only took it once and still proceeded.to support my ass off the game after he lost his temper. He was probably the worst person I met while playing Dota.

I took a last hit to complete bracers as lina..and the invoker who i was laning with decided to throw the game...rest of the team reported him lol

I took a last hit to complete bracers as lina..and the invoker who i was laning with decided to throw the game...rest of the team reported him lol

lol.

Want to know the suckiest? Friends who sometimes 'troll' and aoe for last hits, but decides that you're being a dick for taking last hits as a support on the next game.

What's the reasoning behind support brewmaster? I guess he doesn't really need items to do his slow/nuke, insta-crit setup, but he'll need a blink dagger and aghs eventually, right?

I have several valid ones.

Playing AR, a two stack decide to go safe with Troll/SS(which is fine), Medusa mid, and I'm PA with some other non support on the offlane. They get tower dove, blame Medusa for not tp'ing(she's not even 6) and shit on her for the entire game. I TP in once to save them and get a double kill and they say I'm the only good one around(I started 5-0). Game predictably goes sour, the two stack continues to blame Medusa everything, eventually start blaming me as well when I ask SS to get wards. They tell me I should get wards because this is AR. Troll proceeds to call me an idiot and that I don't have insight needed for Dota? Something like that. I started asking myself why I didn't mute them.

My very first all pick Ranked game. I pick Luna, I end up going safe lane with LC, LC points out that the lanes are a bit weird. SS immediately starts flaming her for being foreign and that he won't talk to him, LC's accent was really mild too. Game goes really bad, SS keeps yelling at me and LC for farming in stead of standing around our mid t2 waiting for the enemy to push. Eventually LC and SS get into a fight, I hear the word "fuck" every second, and I mute both. Bad game was had.

The very next AP ranked game. Guy picks Invoker, says he's support despite us already having CM(me) and Silencer, goes into a trilane with me and some carry, doesn't get any support items, tells Silencer to go mid, flames me for my ward placements despite never getting wards himself, flames everyone else on the team for feeding, flames me again in all chat for being a bad support(even the fucking enemy team defends me). I eventually get fed up and drop the wards in front of him so he can ward himself, he didn't do it. Awful, awful game.

To add to my own question I played an LC game where the first words out of our Lycan's mouth towards our CM was 'chink cunt' and just continued along those lines the entire game. We still managed to win but that dude was mad as fuck.

Also, yes, I am on the Australian server.

JustinBB7

I just played this game in low pri where a doom had no items until 25 minutes where he bought a divine rapier as his first and only item:

zUVIUvu.jpg

These people were legit the worst people i've played with/against in a very long time. I'm not entirely sure why I was even with them tbh

Dat 1 point in devour.

Wok

There should be a notification on the side of the screen when someone messes with your items on the courier. Exactly the same notification as when someone of your team buys a new item.

Raytow

There should be a notification on the side of the screen when someone messes with your items on the courier. Exactly the same notification as when someone of your team buys a new item.

Didn't get it, still wouldn't matter, he used a team fight to mess with the courier, I needed a replay to find out who did it.

Wok

Didn't get it, still wouldn't matter, he used a team fight to mess with the courier, I needed a replay to find out who did it.

Let us say someone takes your items off the courier to hide them anywhere on the map. I would like to have this kind of notification so that everyone in the team knows instantly about it and who did it:

ySpsJZL.jpg

ElyrionX

Haven't played in two months since D3 RoS came out. Got back to Dota 2 yesterday and I have seen something like 6-7 pro games so far and not a single CM to be seen. Why has CM fallen out of the meta so hard? Sure, she got her Int nerfed severely but still, I don't think that alone explains it. Or does it?

Razzer

Haven't played in two months since D3 RoS came out. Got back to Dota 2 yesterday and I have seen something like 6-7 pro games so far and not a single CM to be seen. Why has CM fallen out of the meta so hard? Sure, she got her Int nerfed severely but still, I don't think that alone explains it. Or does it?

Trends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom