• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He sets a bad example by afking when he's not doing well and rage quit abandoning.

These are your pub teammates in his twitch chat.
Complete with the dunning-Kruger making them think they're as good as rtz and can get away with the shit he does.

Guy is a great player but an awful teammate in his streams.

kvk1

Isn't RTZ like 17? I think it's important to remember he is still a little kid.

It's kind of ridiculous to hold him to some community ambassador standard. Maturity will come with time.

Let's just pray his criminal taste in music improves as well.

Ear-bleeding, aneurysm-inducing stuff.

shira

637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262802207
Bioshocking

Zeth

Complete with the dunning-Kruger making them think they're as good as rtz and can get away with the shit he does.

Guy is a great player but an awful teammate in his streams.

Every game: spams "I will buy >Tangoes" Never says thanks - ever - for anything. Every game. Still enjoy watching stream, these things just annoy me.

It's kind of ridiculous to hold him to some community ambassador standard. Maturity will come with time.

Yeah, I think he's 18 in a few months. The comment about setting a bad example was kinda tongue-in-cheek though.

S K I P R O P E B O Y Z

I thought it was "Scarecrow" the first like five times I heard it.

Quesa

Whether he wants to be an ambassador or not that's more or less what he is. Doesn't have to do anything about it, but he at least has to be aware he's setting an example.

Kioshen

I am a newbie in DOTA, just started playing it some days ago. I really like the game, and I enjoy how the game forces you to learn it's mechanics (creeps, abilities, heroes, items, etc). It really is something refreshing, and not a game that you get and instantly knows how to play (at least when it is your first MOBA experience).

The problem is, since the matches are usually long (30 minuts or more), and the games is team oriented... when you get someone that intentionally tries to ruin the experience, it rapidly becomes one of the most frustrating experiences i've ever had in multiplayer gaming.

I dont mind losing because I am bad, since I know it is part of the "getting better" process, but losing because someone in your team is a troll, and after you realize you lost 30 or more minutes of leisure time to have fun, and instead got mad / stressed / frustrated, you begin to evaluate the point in doing this, or an alternative to this situation.

That's why I am here. I would like to know if there is a group of DOTA newcomers here in Gaf, that want to play, to learn, to get better, to practice together, without having to deal with this kind of shit in multiplayer gaming (people droping the game, trolling, etc). I know there are groups of experienced players, but I am afraid to join one, since I will get slaughtered considering the difference of experience in the game.

PS: Unfortunally my group of real friends dont like DOTA, so I have to make virtual friends in this one :D

Well you got me now :). I was the dude practicing bloodseeker with Print Screen. Small world !

Hey there, I'm new to this game/genre as well, and I'm in the same boat as you (none of my friends play games at all). Feel free to add me if you want a sparring partner, my Steam account name is 'Print Screen' (the account with an actual print screen button as an avatar).

As for your question about playing with the right people... my solution is just to never solo queue. Rather, hang around in the giant bomb and neogaf chat channels, as there are always people looking for teammates there. My experience has that they've been very friendly, communicative, and patient with my scrubiness.

Wait that's you ? I never did make the connection !

^ If no one volunteers I'm willing to coach you ingame through the coaching system if you happen to play on USE.

Do you mind if I add you ? We're in the same province so we'll probably play during the same hours.

Hupsel

Not at all, go ahead. Steam ID is same as gaf ID.

edit: I have a plague doctor avatar if there's some trouble spotting me.

Damnit cant play tonight cause I slacked this weekend and now need to finish some work late in the night...pls train to carry me and noooouva tomorrow.

inkls

Damnit cant play tonight cause I slacked this weekend and now need to finish some work late in the night...pls train to carry me and noooouva tomorrow.

I don't see how I need to carry you when you play Luna lol, you can handle yourself when you play her as far as I've seen.

Wasn't he popular in the chinese scene around TI2?

It was around TI3 I believe. A few teams used him against an offlane Dark Seer. Since offlane DS has kinda fallen off his usage is non-existant. It's not that he's a shit hero, just that he doesn't do anything better than his competition. He will probably lose any lane he's in and has a decent heal and ulti but his passive isn't super amazing and sadism just gives him sustain. He needs too many items to be a reliable support as well.

Hmm. Any place where I can read up on these unofficial mods? I wouldn't mind trying my hand at throwing one together.

Those mods specifically?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comme..._d2moddin_a_custom_game_platform_play/chquupf

In general for custom game modes in dota?

http://www.joindota.com/en/news/15077-dota-diy-how-to-create-custom-game-mods

If you make something fun, it doesn't seem like it's too hard to get those d2mod guys involved in hosting. That Reflex thing is barely a few weeks old and they got it up and running really quick after reaching out.

I do wanna give them credit for realizing this could possibly be a very short term venture and they seem to be okay with that.

Sibylus

Banned
Those mods specifically?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comme..._d2moddin_a_custom_game_platform_play/chquupf

In general for custom game modes in dota?

http://www.joindota.com/en/news/15077-dota-diy-how-to-create-custom-game-mods

If you make something fun, it doesn't seem like it's too hard to get those d2mod guys involved in hosting. That Reflex thing is barely a few weeks old and they got it up and running really quick after reaching out.

I do wanna give them credit for realizing this could possibly be a very short term venture and they seem to be okay with that.
Nice, thanks! Is Lua scripting functional at present?

shira

He's 17. That's old enough to know not to act like a dick.

I like him though, as a pro player. Still, he shouldn't be given a free pass just because he's 17.

So what happened after you offered the shagbark?

I'd imagine 3-0 won't be a stretch. iG doesn't impress me these days and Titan is pretty unproven. DT Club is the only one I think that will give them a real fight.

Needs 4 wins in 3 games to assert dominance.

Conceptor

Has anyone had any luck in getting that d2modd site to load today?

I love the shit out of it, that portrait.
NO BO, NO

TDot Dota GAF, you guys not attending TI4 plan on attending the viewing events/pubstomps? Shira, you gonna go?

Volvo please change the Fantasy Roster cut-off date for swaps to Midnight pls

Sibylus

Banned
NO BO, NO

TDot Dota GAF, you guys not attending TI4 plan on attending the viewing events/pubstomps? Shira, you gonna go?

Volvo please change the Fantasy Roster cut-off date for swaps to Midnight pls
You can't tell my heart that it doesn't want a Big Daddy set for Clockwork, mang.

sixghost

When captains for pro teams draft, will they pick heroes with specific item/skill builds in mind and tell the player on that hero how they should build, or do they just pick the heroes and trust the judgement of the player?

GorillaJu

Hes good vs retarded pubs

I cant see him being ever viable in competitive. He needs to much farm to come online

Also lol at this RTZ game

Last pick Furion and no courier.

People say this about every hero though, and so many seem to pop up after minor changes and all of the sudden they're flavor of the month.

I've always been a big fan of Necrolyte. His biggest issue is getting enough last hits since his animation is slow and his base damage is on the weaker side, but you just need to get some steam going and then you can get a good handle on your lane. Arcane boots and a very fast Mek brings crazy sustain to the team. I like him in 1v1 short lane with an aggro tri in long.

Ketch

When captains for pro teams draft, will they pick heroes with specific item/skill builds in mind and tell the player on that hero how they should build, or do they just pick the heroes and trust the judgement of the player?

If they have like a specific strategy in mind that requires a particular item build, I bet they've probably practiced it together and already know what items are needed for the strat to work.

People say this about every hero though, and so many seem to pop up after minor changes and all of the sudden they're flavor of the month.

I've always been a big fan of Necrolyte. His biggest issue is getting enough last hits since his animation is slow and his base damage is on the weaker side, but you just need to get some steam going and then you can get a good handle on your lane. Arcane boots and a very fast Mek brings crazy sustain to the team. I like him in 1v1 short lane with an aggro tri in long.

I think that he could get picked vs a split push tinker, furion or naga kinda of strat in a pro game. blink ulti to lock them in place and +30% to their death countdown if they die. The stun from his ulti also goes through BKB.

ViviOggi

I ᴏᴡᴇ ᴍʏ ʟɪғᴇ ᴛᴏ Aʀᴛᴏᴜʀ Bᴀʙᴀᴇᴠ . I ᴡᴀs ɪɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴀ ғᴏʀ 6 ᴍᴏɴᴛʜs ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴀ ᴛᴇʀʀɪʙʟᴇ ᴄᴀʀ ᴄʀᴀsʜ. Oɴᴇ ᴅᴀʏ ᴍʏ ɴᴜʀsᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ Tᴡɪᴛᴄʜ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟ Aʀᴛᴇᴇᴢʏ's sᴛʀᴇᴀᴍ, sᴏ I ɢᴏᴛ ᴜᴘ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴜᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛ.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Necrolyte is still useless but he's basicallly a free lane now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom