• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get Necro win rate either, that shit must be on 6.7x Earth Spirit levels.

I find the hero pretty shit too, the only thing that I find broken is his aghs Ult
He has very high sustain in lane with Sadist and his heal, heartstopper is really annoying, and his ult raises you rescan time, so that skews his winrate too.

I get why he has a high winrate, but none of this would make it worth it to pick him in competitive, and he's really easy to gank if you have semi-decent co-ordination.

Ketch

I get why he has a high winrate, but none of this would make it worth it to pick him in competitive, and he's really easy to gank if you have semi-decent co-ordination.

Easier to gank then viper/OD/Lycan?

I think he could be played, and do well, in the right situation.... Mainly against fragile split pushers (furion or tinker). If fucking silencer, sniper, wraith king can all be in the scene I think necro can do it too.

Someone tweet euhub next time puppeys on there.

Shepard

Know what'd be an awesome change? Lowering the flying courier carrying a bottle speed so it is slower than the walking courier carrying a bottle. Teams would have to choose between upgrading the courier or making bottle crowing more effective at the cost of risking to get the courier sniped in the midlane/in detriment of other lanes.

TUSR

Banned
Know what'd be an awesome change? Lowering the flying courier carrying a bottle speed so it is slower than the walking courier carrying a bottle. Teams would have to choose between upgrading the courier or making bottle crowing more effective at the cost of risking to get the courier sniped in the midlane/in detriment of other lanes.

nah

Just a bit more and we unlock daily hero challenges.

The speed of unlocking has slowed down a bit, but we're still unlocking new goals about every 4 days, so we'll still hit all the goals, it'll just take awhile

FACE

Banned
Just a bit more and we unlock daily hero challenges.

The speed of unlocking has slowed down a bit, but we're still unlocking new goals about every 4 days, so we'll still hit all the goals, it'll just take awhile

Even thought it slowed down considerably the prize poool still is growing by over 100k/day at this point.

Edit: I think it'll reach at least 9 million

shira

Nope,
jqUL8hzVCVDtS.png

wofo woof

Shira pls respond (´・ω・`)

If you quote me, it's easier to catch.

I don't live near TIFF or the Regent. Do you know if those places have wifi?
I usually don't watch games with casters if the ticket is free, so a bunch of people screaming while Ayesee is spitting his craziness I'll be like this the whole time
jza3u4O645pyw.png

edit: pay to watch, merlini eeeeee

Zeknurn

Goal 14 unlocked, yay

Woo. Roll out the patch Valve.

From Reddit:

According to the client the battle bonus lasts for 63 days more so if the daily hero challange will be the same and will be patched tonight then we can get a maximum of 1575 points, 15 levels.
That means even if you absolutely don't buy points you can easily reach level 20.

shira

Think the 8M stretch goal is the last one we'll get, I don't think there's enough interest in the other goals.

All they have to do is release a Pudge immortal. If they are desperate, Techies immortal, Pudge Arcana, etc etc.

reddit said:
That means even if you absolutely don't buy points you can easily reach level 20.

No this means pubs are going to be unplayable because people are going to be picking these random heroes to get their points and bitching and moaning if someone else picks their hero-of-the-day

It looks like Pudge? What were you expecting?

aQRqcVD.png

BeesEight

NO BO, NO

TDot Dota GAF, you guys not attending TI4 plan on attending the viewing events/pubstomps? Shira, you gonna go?

Volvo please change the Fantasy Roster cut-off date for swaps to Midnight pls

I found the venue I attended last year really underwhelming. It was a sketchy run down theatre already at full capacity when we arrived. It was run-down and stank to high heaven. Their "spill-over" venue was a more appealing bar down the road but it was also full.

Doesn't really matter this year anyway as I live outside of Toronto and the buddy I watched with has a wedding that weekend.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
They are wasting so much time and deaths trying to go for the melee racks when the ranged one would have died five minutes ago

Hupsel

Why does Puppey and so many Dota players have to say "fuck", "shit" and "fucking" every damn sentence? Its annoying. And english isnt even their primary language... maybe theyre saying this because they dont know any other word. I'm not american and I feel uncomfortable using foreign words to cuss when I talk to someone else. Even more so if it was a woman.

Falk

that puzzling face
That was some pub-level morph, literally. On three separate counts (out of his 4 deaths) he literally waveformed in and did nothing. Once he simply got rightclicked down with replicate available.

bsdf

Banned
i wasn't watching too closely but it felt like coast was 5 manning down mid for like 20 minutes, seems like questionable decision making. that being said, i love watching these guys and i think they have a pretty good future ahead of them

traveler

Not Wario
Why does Puppey and so many Dota players have to say "fuck", "shit" and "fucking" every damn sentence? Its annoying. And english isnt even their primary language... maybe theyre saying this because they dont know any other word. I'm not american and I feel uncomfortable using foreign words to cuss when I talk to someone else. Even more so if it was a woman.

Yeah, a friend with no real knowledge of the scene watched f2p with me and came away with new respect for the scene. Then, they watched actual commentated matches and interviews with the players and immediately lost all that respect. I honestly feel kind of embarrassed around those not familiar with the scene when watching most of this coverage, twitch chat on or not, and that has nothing to do with the fact that I'm watching a game.

There was a time a few years ago I might have found the crude troll personality type somewhat entertaining, but it's not only done to death now, but out of sync with the level of professionalism shown by Valve and certain members of the community. Not to mention the fact that nearly every major personality in the scene still does it- hey guys, you aren't unique in the slightest- and most do it either poorly or legitimately offensively at that. (See Puppey's latest remarks)

I guess as long as the community continues to watch and encourage more footage with your singsings, your puppeys, etc. and less with the kuroky's or merlini's, this is what we get.

I find players like SingSing and Trixi hard to like when every other thing they say is fuck, suck my dick, bitch etc. I wonder how many of these dudes would be classified as trolls with annoying personalities if they weren't pro players

All of them. 100%. I've seen nothing that leads me to believe they wouldn't be the worst of the Twitch chat spammers on the sidelines.

spk

I find players like SingSing and Trixi hard to like when every other thing they say is fuck, suck my dick, bitch etc. I wonder how many of these dudes would be classified as trolls with annoying personalities if they weren't pro players

Falk

that puzzling face
This is one of the reasons I honestly like Dendi. Call it fanboyism, call it whatever you want. Even if he was a support on a 2nd tier team he'd still be one of the most personable and legitimately fun people to watch, both in person and in game. Pity this seems to be more of the exception than the rule in professional gaming though, not just in DOTA.

traveler

Not Wario
This is one of the reasons I honestly like Dendi. Call it fanboyism, call it whatever you want. Even if he was a support on a 2nd tier team he'd still be one of the most personable and legitimately fun people to watch, both in person and in game.

Yup. Isn't afraid to show unabashed, legitimate enthusiasm for something he's spending a good chunk of his life on and is capable of being entertaining without having to resort to being a troll character. It's honestly more baffling to see other pros afraid to show that kind of love seriously given the investment they too have in the game- like, if you don't feel this way about Dota, why are you playing it so much?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
There's room for both types of personalities in the scene. Everyone loves Dendi because of his happy go lucky nature and everyone loves SingSing because of his funny trollish behaviour. Puppey says stupid shit all the time and it's probably one of the reasons he's not really well liked by most people. I would hardly say that anyone celebrates his behaviour, not even twitch chat.

inkls

I just find them boring. To me, if you're punctuating every sentence with swears it usually means you don't have much to say or whatever you say isn't hard hitting enough without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom