• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Necrolyte is still useless but he's basicallly a free lane now.

How do you explain this HUH?

Zlayj7q.png

No seriously, explain it. I don't get it. Boring as fuck hero.

Rizzi

Can someone give me some idea of how to deal with Phantom Lancer? Every time I lane against him, I get my shit pushed in.

ViviOggi

Not dying is a good skill toi have

Pretty much, top 4 are all heroes with heals, immunity and/or revives and the average pubber has trouble dealing with that stuff. With these pub winrates we have to keep in mind that 99% of people are playing below a low 4k MMR.

Can someone give me some idea of how to deal with Phantom Lancer? Every time I lane against him, I get my shit pushed in.

Shut him down early or pair Naga/Sven with something like an ES. I'd imagine a Void or AM with good farm could probably handle him as well. Hell, a well enough farmed PA with a Battlefury could probably do the job as well.

The problem is most people think buying detection and killing PL early is a waste. WRONG. The money you spend on Dust or Sentries denies him substantially more farm and levels. He's elusive, but not unkillable. He manages to do especially well in situations where co-ordination is low like Pubs.

I think "sustainey" heroes tend to have inflated win rates in most patches. I thought it was something to do with the way people in pubs are fond of just 5 manning down one lane after another the whole game so being able to keep a push going is pretty useful.

Another weird thing I noticed in dotabuff is the high overall win rate of arcane boots compared to other boot choices, even on some pretty weird heroes like Juggernaut and Chaos Knight, which could be for the same reason.

FtHTiny

I don´t get why all of you think Necro is so weak. With bottle crow you can spam the lane into the others face while farming the jungle camps. In teamfights you have one guranteed kill almost every time. Said kill is dead for ages and can´t buyout anymore when you got the scepter.
The longer death time alone is super strong and annoying.

Smithy C

Well that's the first time I've had my team call me an asshole for trying to finish a game when we're stomping and the other team's Ancient is open. People who want to stretch games like that out are jerks. They weren't even spawn camping. They just wanted to farm our jungle more.

Razzer

Everyone playing well by Mouz there, but notably another sublime Furion from Pajkatt. It was a joy to watch that.

If anyone ever feels like watching a game from one players perspective and just absorbing what they do, watch Pajkatt in that game.

Calidor

I don't get Necro win rate either, that shit must be on 6.7x Earth Spirit levels.

I find the hero pretty shit too, the only thing that I find broken is his aghs Ult

Necro is a beast with the auras. So much damage just being in the area for teamfights. I've finished off hero's by just chasing them.

The auras also are good against hero's with illusions from what I've experienced. Spamming his spell along with the auras and the opponents with illusions fade away.

FACE

Banned
I don't get Necro win rate either, that shit must be on 6.7x Earth Spirit levels.

I find the hero pretty shit too, the only thing that I find broken is his aghs Ult

Earth Spirit actually had a relatively low WR because he requires skill.

Anno

Outside of Fata basically every player on Mouz has their best hero right now. This is getting rough in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom