• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LQch8pv.jpg

Funniest part was that Kuroky was like screw laughing, I have a game to win.

Wok

LQch8pv.jpg

Funniest part was that Kuroky was like screw laughing, I have a game to win.

It is so strange to watch people sitting half-naked on a couch all day. It is like reality tv: you just sit in front of your screen watching people lying on a couch or on the carpet playing videogames. I dislike the bottom right shot which we see all the time on this twich channel.

RS4-

NO BO, NO

TDot Dota GAF, you guys not attending TI4 plan on attending the viewing events/pubstomps? Shira, you gonna go?

Volvo please change the Fantasy Roster cut-off date for swaps to Midnight pls

I don't think I'll go to it. Not that I mind the distance, but I'd rather sit at home and stuff my face with food instead.

SamVimes

What the fuck Puppey. Sometimes he seems cool like at ti3 when he was interacting with Kaci, other times he just comes across as a raging nerd.

bulldog pls

What the fuck Puppey. Sometimes he seems cool like at ti3 when he was interacting with Kaci, other times he just comes across as a raging nerd.

No, he almost always behaves like a douchebag. If you view his usual past interviewing antics within the framework of his latest tirade, you see the patterns. He has a general disdain for a lot of things and it manifests on a regular basis as giving non-answers, half-answers, or contrived bullshit to make people asking the questions look or feel stupid.

I though the Kappa face was supposed to indicate you were kidding?

it is. all he does on stream is troll. nobody should take what he says seriously.

I though the Kappa face was supposed to indicate you were kidding?
Kappa face is used so people can say stupid shit without facing any consequences because they can go back to: "well I was just kidding lol".

Whatever the case he said something stupid and he's said stupid shit in the past as well, mainly through Twitter.

Jex

Why does Puppey and so many Dota players have to say "fuck", "shit" and "fucking" every damn sentence? Its annoying. And english isnt even their primary language... maybe theyre saying this because they dont know any other word. I'm not american and I feel uncomfortable using foreign words to cuss when I talk to someone else. Even more so if it was a woman.

Well, they're all fairly young men who mainly engage with what I'd politely call "the asshole of the internet" e.g. twitch chat on a regular basis. Such language and behaviour is extremely common and widely tolerated in that narrow circle which is unfortunate because it puts elements of the scene in a very poor light.

spk

Well, they're all fairly young men who mainly engage with what I'd politely call "the asshole of the internet" e.g. twitch chat on a regular basis. Such language and behaviour is extremely common and widely tolerated in that narrow circle which is unfortunate because it puts elements of the scene in a very poor light.

It's far wider than that, imo

Ranked mm makes me want to throw my computer out the window.

It is literally impossible to win if all 4 of your teammates are playing solo and start flaming everyone from minute 1. Best one was CM that either ignored everyone or muted everyone and only spoke in swear words.

Added bonus: 500+ ping.

Kard8p3

Ranked mm makes me want to throw my computer out the window.

It is literally impossible to win if all 4 of your teammates are playing solo and start flaming everyone from minute 1. Best one was CM that either ignored everyone or muted everyone and only spoke in swear words.

Added bonus: 500+ ping.

Don't give up, I believe in you.

Don't give up, I believe in you.

I believe in me, not in others though.

I'm done with side lanes in solo mm. I clearly call solo off and pick tide, for some reason CM comes with me, everyone on the team tells her to help our carry, ignores everything, feeds top, carry feeds bot, ggwp.

Just give me my solo lane and let me be in peace.

Kard8p3

I'm done with side lanes in solo mm. I clearly call solo off and pick tide, for some reason CM comes with me, everyone on the team tells her to help our carry, ignores everything, feeds top, carry feeds bot, ggwp.

had that happen with a WD last night, we still easily won but it was annoying to our offlane Nyx. He was on the other team next match after that and my friend and I got our revenge and then some ;). Sometimes you just get shit players, happens to everyone.

speaking of shit 109 ur antimage is ugly as fuck.

Pick Skywrath, go mid and spam your Q whenever it's off CD. Skywrath is a fantastic solo Q hero at the moment. Outlanes basically anyone and can solo kill virtually any hero up to the ~40th minute if he went mid and did reasonably well.

His last hit animation sucks a little but he gains like 3.6 dmg per level up so you should be fine.

Pick Skywrath, go mid and spam your Q whenever it's off CD. Skywrath is a fantastic solo Q hero at the moment. Outlanes basically anyone and can solo kill virtually any hero up to the ~40th minute if he went mid and did reasonably well.

His last hit animation sucks a little but he gains like 3.6 dmg per level up so you should be fine.
I like him, but he falls off pretty hard later on.

Problem isn't choosing what heroes to play, the issue is being able to play those heroes in solo Q.

I like him, but he falls off pretty hard later on.

Problem isn't choosing what heroes to play, the issue is being able to play those heroes in solo Q.

Which is why you pick heroes who aren't as reliant on shitty team mates. I think Skywrath is really fantastic in that because he wins mid against almost anyone. You can also outharass an OD if you just keep spamming that Q.

Also, his damage falls of really fucking late (40+ min) or until the enemy team stacks BKBs but dominating the early and mid game will net you more wins than playing late game oriented heroes for sure. Heroes who are good at all stages of the game lake Lycan or Terrorblade got nerfed in 6.81. Both used to be free MMR but oh well.

Low Tier
had that happen with a WD last night, we still easily won but it was annoying to our offlane Nyx. He was on the other team next match after that and my friend and I got our revenge and then some ;). Sometimes you just get shit players, happens to everyone.

speaking of shit 109 ur antimage is ugly as fuck.

ur dumb my antimage is eminem hes so ownage

ViviOggi

What's your current MMR? At around 4,5k I've found that the suicide lane is generally the least sought after position after hard support.

Which is why you pick heroes who aren't as reliant on shitty team mates. I think Skywrath is really fantastic in that because he wins mid against almost anyone. You can also outharass an OD if you just keep spamming that Q.

Also, his damage falls of really fucking late (40+ min) or until the enemy team stacks BKBs but dominating the early and mid game will net you more wins than playing late game oriented heroes for sure. Heroes who are good at all stages of the game lake Lycan or Terrorblade got nerfed in 6.81. Both used to be free MMR but oh well.

I play mid most of the time for that very reason, I usually pick SF, TA or DK and do reasonably well in the laning phase, but sometimes it really doesn't matter what you do.

Guess I'll just keep forcing myself to play ranked until I begin to like it or I just quit ranked altogether.
What's your current MMR? At around 4,5k I've found that the suicide lane is generally the least sought after position after hard support.

Only 2.5k

I love playing solo off, but the problem is so many people seem to think you HAVE to dual lane everything, so I typically don't pick heroes like Timber or Tide because I don't like getting fucked by teammates taking my exp and potentially feeding the lane. I'm not good at Dota, I don't expect my teammates to be good, but at least listen to your goddamn teammates instead of flaming incessantly whenever anyone does anything you don't like.

I play mid most of the time for that very reason, I usually pick SF, TA or DK and do reasonably well in the laning phase, but sometimes it really doesn't matter what you do.
That might be an indicator for you being at the right MMR then honestly. You'll obviously lose due to braindead team mates now and then but if you can't reliably win more games than lose over the course of, say, hundreds of games you probably belong there.

That might be an indicator for you being at the right MMR then honestly. You'll obviously lose due to braindead team mates now and then but if you can't reliably win more games than lose over the course of, say, hundreds of games you probably belong there.

I never said I belong in a higher mmr, I don't even care about getting a higher mmr right now. I just want to play something resembling Dota and 80% of the time I get bullshit games in which gg can be called within 5 minutes, whether it's our way or theirs.

I never said I belong in a higher mmr, I don't even care about getting a higher mmr right now. I just want to play something resembling Dota and 80% of the time I get bullshit games in which gg can be called within 5 minutes, whether it's our way or theirs.

In that bracket, afk farming junglers should do pretty well because people will suck too much to disrupt your jungling. You could actually try Lycan, rush Vlads + Medaillon, kill rosh, farm up Necrobooks and just end the game by 22 minutes. I don't see 2k MMR scrubs being able to deal with that.

ViviOggi

Only 2.5k

I love playing solo off, but the problem is so many people seem to think you HAVE to dual lane everything, so I typically don't pick heroes like Timber or Tide because I don't like getting fucked by teammates taking my exp and potentially feeding the lane. I'm not good at Dota, I don't expect my teammates to be good, but at least listen to your goddamn teammates instead of flaming incessantly whenever anyone does anything you don't like.

Yeah, I can see that 2-1-2 no matter what crap being prevalent at that MMR for sure. Happens to me too at times, usually when some support feeds one or two kills and leaves the trilane because they're secretly salty about their own performance. It can be frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom