• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmshaposv

I've cracked the code for unbeatable trilane at trench tier (2k - 2.5k - 3k)

Bounty, Sand king and Lion. You will win against every matchup. Ever.

Wok

In that bracket, afk farming junglers should do pretty well because people will suck too much to disrupt your jungling. You could actually try Lycan, rush Vlads + Medaillon, kill rosh, farm up Necrobooks and just end the game by 22 minutes. I don't see 2k MMR scrubs being able to deal with that.

I am going to try this. Ending game at 22 minutes sounds good.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I never said I belong in a higher mmr, I don't even care about getting a higher mmr right now. I just want to play something resembling Dota and 80% of the time I get bullshit games in which gg can be called within 5 minutes, whether it's our way or theirs.
Pick Ursa

Ursa >>>>>>>> Lycan

Wok

That might be an indicator for you being at the right MMR then honestly. You'll obviously lose due to braindead team mates now and then but if you can't reliably win more games than lose over the course of, say, hundreds of games you probably belong there.

MMR sometimes means close to nothing. I am 2.5K MMR and I am sure I would be ranked a lot lower if I kept playing some well-chosen heroes.

CqdgIWs.jpg

MMR sometimes means close to nothing. I am 2.5K MMR and I am sure I would be ranked a lot lower if I kept playing some well-chosen heroes.

You better learn some Clock, bro. Super fun hero who also happens to shit on Pudge mid which will probably be your most common match up.

Zeth

Arteezy picked WR and put on his Coldplay playlist - it was the only thing that made him feel anymore. The phone rang. "Fuck you bitch, you broke my heart," Arteezy thought to himself, trying his best to ignore the phone. The reason he picked WR so much was that the hero's long flowing hair and kawaii hentai noises reminded him of HER. The phone rang again. Arteezy began crying. He realized that no matter how many times he blinked and shackled AM, no matter how much his maelstrom proc'd, no matter how many peruvians he flamed, no matter what picture of her he changed his steam picture to, he would never love another like he did Allison, the girl who broke his heart.

Kade

Arteezy picked WR and put on his Coldplay playlist - it was the only thing that made him feel anymore. The phone rang. "Fuck you bitch, you broke my heart," Arteezy thought to himself, trying his best to ignore the phone. The reason he picked WR so much was that the hero's long flowing hair and kawaii hentai noises reminded him of HER. The phone rang again. Arteezy began crying. He realized that no matter how many times he blinked and shackled AM, no matter how much his maelstrom proc'd, no matter how many peruvians he flamed, no matter what picture of her he changed his steam picture to, he would never love another like he did Allison, the girl who broke his heart.

Is this real

Shinypogs

* Reads Puppey drama and sighs*
This on top of his couch time with Bruno a few days ago makes me feel weird about him. On one hand I learned some historical stuff and got a better idea on how he views the world. On the other hand he seemed to have the empathy capacity of a thimble and seemed unable to deal with his teammate's still being bothered by things in their pasts and whatnot.

I don't hate him but I find it harder to balance respect for his skill with severely disliking part of who he is.

I wonder if the easy access to the pros creates a problem where we really see them as people because they often share much of their lives with us, which makes it easier to care about and root for them. However, this access also allows us to see them as the flawed beings they really are because no one is perfect and sometimes those flaws are more distasteful than we are comfortable with.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
What exactly did puppey say to piss everyone off?

Though he's always been well known to be a completely awkward, anti-social, and probably extreme Aspergerer's dude that tries to hide behind a cool bravado; in fact, he's probably the most anti-social in the entire scene. Just doesn't know how to speak to people and doesn't check the words that come out of his mouth.

Conceptor

I found the venue I attended last year really underwhelming. It was a sketchy run down theatre already at full capacity when we arrived. It was run-down and stank to high heaven. Their "spill-over" venue was a more appealing bar down the road but it was also full.

Doesn't really matter this year anyway as I live outside of Toronto and the buddy I watched with has a wedding that weekend.
I live in the GTA so it's a bit of commute for me too. I'm going to be going with a friend and if you feel up to it we'll save a spot for you!

I was at the same one as you last year but thankfully we got there super early and got us some good seats. The venue itself wasn't too impressive, but considering it was the first year Valve sanctioned 'official' pubstomps I didn't think it was that bad. The positives outweighed the negatives imo.

I'm looking forward to a much improved experience this year, hopefully. They have A/C this year THANK GOD

I don't think I'll go to it. Not that I mind the distance, but I'd rather sit at home and stuff my face with food instead.
Fair enough. I don't know what's around the theater this year but last year there was a Timmies, Mcdonalds, and Pizza Pizza plus they let us bring our own food. A ton of Na'Vi fanboys attended last year and seeing their tears was priceless.

I don't live near TIFF or the Regent. Do you know if those places have wifi? I usually don't watch games with casters if the ticket is free, so a bunch of people screaming while Ayesee is spitting his craziness I'll be like this the whole time
jza3u4O645pyw.png
I'll ask the organizers about the wifi. Last year wasn't it Lumi and LD for the main event/winners bracket/finals with Tobi/+1 for the losers?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I hope Valve can patch in the Daily Hero Challenge today. Not like Memorial day is a real holiday kappa.

You're out of your mind son. Plenty of goals they've had unlocked for much longer that probably aren't even close to being in the game. Absolutely no way we get this one implemented today.

BeesEight

I live in the GTA so it's a bit of commute for me too. I'm going to be going with a friend and if you feel up to it we'll save a spot for you!

I was at the same one as you last year but thankfully we got there super early and got us some good seats. The venue itself wasn't too impressive, but considering it was the first year Valve sanctioned 'official' pubstomps I didn't think it was that bad. The positives outweighed the negatives imo.

!

You're a braver man than I. I have no idea how you survived that! We were a little bummed as it took some time to find the location. Had no idea it would be so popular but I got the sense the organizers didn't either.

I'm looking forward to a much improved experience this year, hopefully. They have A/C this year THANK GOD

Oh thank god. Air conditioning and some air flow would do wonders for that place. I was a little sad I didn't get to bask in the tears of Na'Vi fans when Alliance took the finals because those games certainly would have been worth having a crowd. I remember the stream we watched did an interior shot of the theatre and all of us had a brief "We were there!" moment.

It is so strange to watch people sitting half-naked on a couch all day. It is like reality tv: you just sit in front of your screen watching people lying on a couch or on the carpet playing videogames. I dislike the bottom right shot which we see all the time on this twich channel.

What world do you live in where half naked is shorts and tank top?

rerolled my centaur and invoker compendium and now i have sniper and pudge. Just finished my sniper game. All i have to do is win a game as pudge who i never played as before.

Tobe

like the old dk set better but still its one of the better dk sets out there.

rerolled my centaur and invoker compendium and now i have sniper and pudge. Just finished my sniper game. All i have to do is win a game as pudge who i never played as before.

cant hook? easy rush blink and let your team do the job.

Last 3 heroes for my compendium challenge are Elder Titan/Chen/Tusk...I think I can handle Tusk but my micro skills are going to fail me with ET and Chen..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom