• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

the world needs more people like you

it'd be nice if they game was uninstalled for anyone picking fotm heroes more than once a day or pudge/mirana/invoker more than once a week. or once a year, just to be safe

isn't the term fotm generally used to designate heroes people think are op, but aren't really?

inkls

no. it's just heroes that start getting picked like every fucking game

if it isn't, i still get a free pass because english isn't my first language

Dunno, that would make pudge flavor of the month for a good year+ now and I think half of dotagaf aren't primarily english speakers.

Hey doom you can have safe Lane.
"Nah I'm going to jungle"
It's free farm in safe Lane man
"DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT A JUNGLE DOOM DOES?"

why.

You should've said "Doesn't farm as well as a safe lane Doom with free farm?"

You'd be amazed how many people don't know that lanes are actually better farm. I've seen several people give me flak for playing a safelane Naix even though it's much better farm and much safer. In a lot of peoples minds any hero that can Jungle is a Jungle Hero and cannot be played anywhere else.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The only justification I have for this kind of behavior is that I mostly pick junglers when I want to test their jungle. I don't want to go lane with Axe, even though I could, because I only picked Axe to try out a different jungle build I'm not used to. The game is basically a waste of time if I picked Axe and planned to go jungle only for my teammates to tell me to go trilane or whatever. If I wanted to lane Axe, I'd say as much.

I mean, I'll do it, because I'm not greedy, but I won't be happy about it at all.

JJu6KtC.png

all random does is give me lina

Haly

There are pretty much only two peculiar interactions worth noting about the egg. Any auras Phoenix carries will remain when he’s in Supernova and allied heroes can deny the egg when it’s under 50% HP. Put another tally in the ‘this game makes no sense’ column.
What.

Anyone Dota with a laptop here?

I'm looking for a good laptop spec that lets me play Dota on high while not leaving my meagre savings into tatters.

Marcus

Anyone Dota with a laptop here?

I'm looking for a good laptop spec that lets me play Dota on high while not leaving my meagre savings into tatters.

well i use an HP Envy Quad Edition. able to run the game on high settings. what exactly is your budget? my customization cost about $1300.

Hylian7

There are some games where you just look at your teammates and go "How the fuck is that even possible?" I present you one of those examples (Silencer): http://dotabuff.com/matches/682705425

I do not understand how he refuses to use his spells and then just constantly feeds that much. And it's not just occasionally gettng caught out or whatever, he was literally by himself in parts of the map where he shouldn't be and kept getting killed over and over again. Fucking idiot.

To top it all off, he gets a 10 minute Midas when he's getting crapped on in the offlane.

And this was a ranked game. It's so frustrating that there's nothing you can do to save your MMR when you get idiots like this.

xanavi

Let's all agree that people who sit in jungle all day then complain when a teammate dies or misses a skill are the worst?

ElyrionX

Which is why you pick heroes who aren't as reliant on shitty team mates. I think Skywrath is really fantastic in that because he wins mid against almost anyone. You can also outharass an OD if you just keep spamming that Q.

Also, his damage falls of really fucking late (40+ min) or until the enemy team stacks BKBs but dominating the early and mid game will net you more wins than playing late game oriented heroes for sure. Heroes who are good at all stages of the game lake Lycan or Terrorblade got nerfed in 6.81. Both used to be free MMR but oh well.

Been thinking of trying Skywrath mid. What's a good skill and item build for him?

Hylian7

Been thinking of trying Skywrath mid. What's a good skill and item build for him?

4-1-1-1 (at level 7)

Bottle > Arcanes > The following stuff:

Force Staff
Atos
Bloodstone
Aghanim's
Scythe
and more

Generally the two schools of thought on it are Force Staff > Atos or straight up rushing Atos after Arcanes, or Bloodstone > Aghanim's to just blow people up. You probably want to throw an Atos into the latter too. Did I mention Atos is core on him? Because Atos is core on this hero.

Ketch

Hey doom you can have safe Lane.
"Nah I'm going to jungle"
It's free farm in safe Lane man
"DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT A JUNGLE DOOM DOES?"

why.

Jungle is for people who can't last hit.

brb afk farming jungle

Does Dusa crit on every split shot or only the initial target? edit: from the wiki " The extra targets will not receive other attack effects (such as critical strike) and Unique Attack Modifiers."

I got crit because I just didn't feel like I was doing enough damage just farming the jungle and pushing waves. I guess I should have gotten like drums or yasha instead of crystalis.

ElyrionX

4-1-1-1 (at level 7)

Bottle > Arcanes > The following stuff:

Force Staff
Atos
Bloodstone
Aghanim's
Scythe
and more

Generally the two schools of thought on it are Force Staff > Atos or straight up rushing Atos after Arcanes, or Bloodstone > Aghanim's to just blow people up. You probably want to throw an Atos into the latter too. Did I mention Atos is core on him? Because Atos is core on this hero.

Haha thanks. Will give this a shot today

shira

WPC-ACE day 2
ijlRwXwwKYGZp.png

In EE-sama we trust!

excuse me for sounding like fucking hylian but goddamn it sucks ass when u have 2 matches in a row where teammates fuck you over, currently in a game where pugna got mad at TA for using courier and is currently hiding her shit. we could have easily won this game too.

bonus points if you could buy the items in question at the side shop

Kard8p3

excuse me for sounding like fucking hylian but goddamn it sucks ass when u have 2 matches in a row where teammates fuck you over, currently in a game where pugna got mad at TA for using courier and is currently hiding her shit. we could have easily won this game too.

Yep, was the fucking orb for his mana boots.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
WPC-ACE day 2
ijlRwXwwKYGZp.png

In EE-sama we trust!

I can't fucking shuffle my team around like this there is too much dota. I even checked GosuGamers list thing and it only has stuff like 2 days in advance.

Oh wait apparently I won week 1 of Fantasy. Whatever.

Ketch

I can't fucking shuffle my team around like this there is too much dota. I even checked GosuGamers list thing and it only has stuff like 2 days in advance.

the thing that really sucks is that it locks out for tomorrow at 5pm which is like before I even get to sit down and look at dota for the day.

The fantasy league is so silly this time its really hard to care.

Yea I'm not upset I didn't get into it this time around. Why would you have a Fantasy League that doesn't appear to list or limit what matches affect it? It seems like just about everything the player plays in contributes but that's hardly fair given the timing.

Haly

I use it to make webms, so, yes. occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom