• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I love her, don't pick Wind Ranger. She just doesn't fit into the meta.

I hope she gets turned into a full on carry next patch, we need more int carries.

Acinixys

So which hero does everyone think has the creepiest/most sinister voice acting? For me it's Phantom Lancer. He's meant to be a good guy but the inflection Barry Dennen uses plus that echo effect make it unsettling. Also his laughs are creepy. I still adore it though, one of my fave characters.

Broodmother has the creepiest voice IMO

Most annoying is Skywrath

Best is Void/PL

Radec

man I feel bad for Rox.

9-0 in the group stage and lost both games in the playoffs.

Now they dont even have a chance to attend TI4.

shira

Thanks for coming Rox.Kis.

Didn't think I would say that but there you go.

4my6SfL.gif

VP and mouz tickets punched

Finals casters matchup is pretty sweet

Tobi & Puppey http://www.twitch.tv/euhub

vs

Sunsfan & Synderwin http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

Lotto

VP actually beat RoX.KIS, wow. Congrats to VP. It sucks that going 9-0 in the Group Stage doesn't really mean anything in the end for RoX.KIS. They're obviously still a strong team. Oh well.

K.Sabot

So the entire European qualifier, I haven't seen any of the european casts.

Did they not happen or did just nobody care since BTS was doing it?

Lotto

Dang, I just saw that early Roshan attempt by VP in game 1 against RoX.KIS. Really great tactic and they executed it beautifully. Ars-Art baited a sentry ward in mid lane and made RoX.KIS think they weren't doing Rosh since he went teleport first instead of treants. Not only did VP get RoX to waste a sentry ward, but VP got Rosh and a kill off Goblak. So good.

mephel

So I have not played any dota for a long time (i had stupid amount of games under my belt before HoN came along)
Then i played HoN with my friends, always hovering around 1700-1800 mmr, then dota 2 came along and my friends moved there, I played a few games with them and then not play anything for a long time.

Now, I kind of wanted to play a few games with my friends , but I am ******* useless, like ... we lost all games that i participated in and frankly, the sample size feels large enough that it is obviously due to my "rustiness" (though my friends were being nice and said it's probably just bad luck, I am also not exactly familiar with how matchmaking system in dota 2 works, so it could just be that I am playing much better opposition due to my friends being better than when I played HoN with them)

I don't have much time to play, do you guys have any tips as to how to get better in as little time as possible? Some new resources I may not be familiar with? It seems all the information regarding warding, heroes, builds, mechanics in my mind is completely dated.

I really hate this, because I knew how to play this game and now I am terrible. It's a lot worse than when I started playing, because I can actually tell I am sucking hard.

Vade

Classic KyXy it is about sending a message that you can literally throw your support at them and feed away his life and your life.

inkls

So I have not played any dota for a long time (i had stupid amount of games under my belt before HoN came along)
Then i played HoN with my friends, always hovering around 1700-1800 mmr, then dota 2 came along and my friends moved there, I played a few games with them and then not play anything for a long time.

Now, I kind of wanted to play a few games with my friends , but I am ******* useless, like ... we lost all games that i participated in and frankly, the sample size feels large enough that it is obviously due to my "rustiness" (though my friends were being nice and said it's probably just bad luck, I am also not exactly familiar with how matchmaking system in dota 2 works, so it could just be that I am playing much better opposition due to my friends being better than when I played HoN with them)

I don't have much time to play, do you guys have any tips as to how to get better in as little time as possible? Some new resources I may not be familiar with? It seems all the information regarding warding, heroes, builds, mechanics in my mind is completely dated.

I really hate this, because I knew how to play this game and now I am terrible. It's a lot worse than when I started playing, because I can actually tell I am sucking hard.

The sidebar on the dota 2 subreddit has exactly everything you need I think.

Risible

Well, that was a new one. Not content with just feeding, our Bloodseeker would follow the team in teamfights and silence us and/or wait for one of us to be low on health and then teamkill/deny us.

Oh Russia, why are you home to so many Dota trolls?

Kard8p3

Well, that was a new one. Not content with just feeding, our Bloodseeker would follow the team in teamfights and silence us and/or wait for one of us to be low on health and then teamkill/deny us.

Oh Russia, why are you home to so many Dota trolls?

You say that like every nationality doesn't have a fuck ton of Dota trolls

Acinixys

I think tourny drops are rigged

I have a friend who has watch an equal amount of games as me but has gotten 12 drops

Ive gotten 0

Volvo pls

That doom missed so many occasions to prevent brew from using his ulti :/

edit: At one point he was starring at brew for 3-5 seconds and what do you know after that period brew was able to ult...

If Doom bought a blink game would have been easier

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think I might prefer the 10MB gif over that eye cancer webm...

Anteo

I wonder if Peruvians/Russians complain about English speakers ruining DOTA.

(Peruvian here) Yes they do. I mean, the ones that do not speak english do. Well they complain about everyone, and refuse to play as a team but in particular, complai about brazilians. The thing is that most come from the peruvian garena servers, the worst palce to play dota where most games are 3v3 and mid level matches are rare. You can do well playing alone in a 3v3 so they expect their skills to transfer and blame it on the team after refusing to move around and do something.

Also, I found out most of these guys think the US servers are the server for "good" players and if you are bad you should go to the SA servers to play with brazilians. lol.

Also, the other day I saw a random 8-10 years old kid playing dota on a internet cafe or whatever is called. I could only imagine the feed and flame that was going on on that match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom