• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

And ayesee said:
ARRR PEEEEE
That's a full. five. man. wipe!

What happened to WR that makes her crap all of a sudden? She used to get picked and do really well around ti3 if I remember correctly.

Acinixys

What happened to WR that makes her crap all of a sudden? She used to get picked and do really well around ti3 if I remember correctly.

Not FOTM

RTZ has been spamming her mid lately. He does well from what ive seen

Goes Phase - Maelstrom - Force - Blink (for sick shackles)

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
I would love shackle to get some damage added to the skill. Either HP removal * duration of shackle time, or just straight magical damage applied.

Its the only stun that doesn't do damage afaik. :(

I would love shackle to get some damage added to the skill. Either HP removal * duration of shackle time, or just straight magical damage applied.

It'd be cool if it amplified any damage done during the shackle. Right now there's not enough award for how tricky it is sometimes to land it.

Pratfall

Is it true that the shackle latch radius is based on WR's position right when it hits not right as she throws it?

It's not her position, it's the targets position. So if the target changes position mid flight it will latch or not latch based on their position when it hits AFAIK.

Anteo

It's not her position, it's the targets position. So if the target changes position mid flight it will latch or not latch based on their position when it hits AFAIK.

We already know it takes in account the final position to the target, but it needs a second point of reference and that second point is WR herself, the question is, Is the second point of reference taken as she uses the spell? or as the spell lands?

Messiah

Maybe resistance reduction for shackled enemies or magic damage amplification as long as the shackle latches.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
6.82:
Windrunner
Changed to: Shackles the target to an enemy unit or tree in a line directly behind it, and to another unit behind that. If no unit or tree is present, the stun duration is reduced to 0.75.

Boom, viable.

Anteo

Just add slow after a succeful shackle ends, so she has more time to get hits with focus too. Synergy with her own spells and it becomes a scary stun.

Acinixys

This VP comeback

Damn

Mouz wins early game

Fucks up everything else

This aghs refresher Silencer is destroying

Or just make it so that instead of scaling the successful shackle duration, keep it at 3 seconds all levels and replace a missed shackle with a scaleable slow from 1-3.5 seconds as well as slow %.

This would be amazing. Missed shackle should do a mini stun + 2.5 secs of slow

Or just make it so that instead of scaling the successful shackle duration, keep it at 3 seconds all levels and replace a missed shackle with a scaleable slow from 1-3.5 seconds as well as scaling slow % (or maybe keep it the same slow % all levels).

Pratfall

We already know it takes in account the final position to the target, but it needs a second point of reference and that second point is WR herself, the question is, Is the second point of reference taken as she uses the spell? or as the spell lands?

I believe the reference point is her original position, so you can't throw the shackle and then blink and have it affect the latch.

iamblades

Or just make it so that instead of scaling the successful shackle duration, keep it at 3 seconds all levels and replace a missed shackle with a scaleable slow from 1-3.5 seconds as well as scaling slow % (or maybe keep it the same slow % all levels).

This seems like a better option to me.

The shackle is already plenty good when it connects, but the range/angle is so flukey that it is frustrating sometime when a shackle doesn't connect when you think it should.

Having a better failure state than the current mini stun makes it a more versatile ability.

Messiah

OH MY GOD IT'S OVER
emoticon-2867-src-f02f9d40f66f0840-28x28.png

Randdalf

Hnghh. Steam Guard is failing me. I wait for like 20 minutes for the email, resending it three times, nothing... so I restart my computer (fresh Windows 8.1 install) to install updates, lo there are three Steam Guard emails in my inbox but they're all expired.

:(

gaben pls

edit: lord gaben heard my call and sent me the email

Chris R

So how legit is Medusa ancients from level 1?

Just asking because I ran into it last night... Only problem was that the Medusa was on Dire, and we had wards...

So yea...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Windrunner is a good hero, her problem is she doesn't do any single thing well enough to justify picking her over some other support/offlaner. That's her "weakness", lack of specialization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom