• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windrunner is a good hero, her problem is she doesn't do any single thing well enough to justify picking her over some other support/offlaner. That's her "weakness", lack of specialization.
Some would have said the same of mirana.
So how legit is Medusa ancients from level 1?

Just asking because I ran into it last night... Only problem was that the Medusa was on Dire, and we had wards...

So yea...
It's the cliff jungling nature prophet of one mmr higher.

iamblades

Just asking because I ran into it last night... Only problem was that the Medusa was on Dire, and we had wards...

So yea...

More legit than it used to be since the split shot change, still not useful if the opposing team has greater situational awareness than a potato.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Some would have said the same of mirana.

She has a 5 second stun at level 1 it's nowhere close!

Yes, it used to be that Mirana and Windrunner were both considered "all rounder suicides", then people learned to hit arrows and use her ult as a smoke instead of an escape.

BigAT

So yea...

I don't think it's very good even in the absolutely best case scenario, safe lane farm is so much better. In additional to that, it is absurdly easy to shut down.

Ultimatum

Banned
i can't believe vp are doing it

Not FOTM

RTZ has been spamming her mid lately. He does well from what ive seen

Goes Phase - Maelstrom - Force - Blink (for sick shackles)

force is terrible on her, and I haven't seen him buy it

While that is true, it is more likely to hit a shackle that shouldn't.

unless you are throwing random shackles this isn't true

It is a pretty shitty hero right now.

you're full of shit

Anteo

So yea...

Ehh, I think it got worse after the splitshot nerf and it was bad already

Haly

Ehh, I think it got worse after the splitshot nerf and it was bad already

I think it did too, I haven't had the chance to test it out but not being able to hit 3 targets at level 1 really hurts her speed overall.

you're full of shit

Yeah he's so full of sh-oh look at this
Bv4zg2l.png

But who cares about pubs right? The pros will know how to -wait a minute
kcL6bzg.png

She's bad.

Quesa

IMO they should just do away with the angular aspect of the skill entirely. If a tree or unit is within a radius of the target it should just shackle regardless of position. Getting a stun more consistently is not too bad considering it doesn't do damage. Would get rid of the sick skillshotz bro aspect of it but as is there are better stuns and it would still be a shit stun if the enemy is alone/far from a tree. Shit, Ember's is a similar stun that's more reliable, deals damage, has huge range (with sleight) and generally gets the job done better even post-nerf.

FACE

Banned
Did they remake with different picks/bans? I very much remember seeing Mirana getting banned in the first stage.

Edit: Oh, they're just banning random heroes to pick faster.

Jex

Dear DOTA-GAF,

There are so many matches going on right now that I basically only watch the one's that are casted by people I like, which feels kind of..shallow? I just don't have the time or inclination to watch every game.

What about yourselves? Are you checking out every game?

inkls

I actually hope VP wins this,

I'd like to see Liquid get crushed by Mouz in the play in

But i want mvp to win

Dear DOTA-GAF,

There are so many matches going on right now that I basically only watch the one's that are casted by people I like, which feels kind of..shallow? I just don't have the time or inclination to watch every game.

If I feel like watching games and there's one live I'll watch one, don't care about the casters.

Pratfall

Windrunner just needs a good ult. Not a buffed ult, a good ult that synergizes with her skillset or helps the team. Focus fire is hot garbage.

Think about almost every single target ult in the game (Roar, Doom, Lifebreak, Rupture, Viper Strike, Track, Fiends Grip, Laguna, Finger of Death), they all define the hero and are good without items. Focus fire sucks without a bunch of DPS items or an Aghs and an Orb which makes the spell only good if she is your 1 or 2. She either needs to have a good ult that is like those others or she needs to be changed in some way that makes her a much better 1 or 2 position hero. Just my opinion.

Windrunner is a good hero, her problem is she doesn't do any single thing well enough to justify picking her over some other support/offlaner. That's her "weakness", lack of specialization.

Mirana is the same way. Good in all roles, but there are better heroes in each role. Windy and Mirana still get picked because of the versatility the heroes have. .

G.ZZZ

Both games i stop watching after Mouz get absurd advantage early game, come back, see VP won both wat.

VP wat.

Doge why.

Haly

Mirana is the same way. Good in all roles, but there are better heroes in each role. Windy and Mirana still get picked because of the versatility the heroes have. .

She has a 5 second stun at level 1 it's nowhere close!

Yes, it used to be that Mirana and Windrunner were both considered "all rounder suicides", then people learned to hit arrows and use her ult as a smoke instead of an escape.

Mirana brings things to the party no other hero can bring; most powerful level 1 stun potentially, free team cloaking. Windrunner doesn't.

Windrunner just needs a good ult. Not a buffed ult, a good ult that synergizes with her skillset or helps the team. Focus fire is hot garbage.
Icefrog adds another upgrade for her Ags.
Ags Upgrade: Reduces cooldown, decreases damage reduction and Windrunner's Focus Fire now fires on all targets within 300 AOE of the primary target.

Ketch

What if shackle had a little poison touch effect to it? No ministun, but does some low physical damage over time and if the shackle doesn't latch it causes slow that increases over a duration…. like the shackle is wrapping you up making it hard to run.

It would make it pretty decent vs bkb and nerfing bkb by association seems to be the trend nowadays.

OR

What if you could continue to move (and maybe shackle) while focus firing…. it would be pretty OP, but also fucking awesome. so it's a toss up.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Dear DOTA-GAF,

That seems pretty normal. I doubt anyone watches every single game. Myself, I try to watch every game that SyndereN and Sunsfan cast.

Haly

I got it:

Focus Fire

Windranger channels the wind, giving maximum attack speed to all allies attacking the targeted enemy unit or structure, although with reduced attack damage.

Duration: 20
Damage Reduction: 50%/40%/30% (30%/15%/0%*)
HUEHUEHUEHUE

iamblades

Are they actually going to throw again

Mouz hasn't really thrown either of these games, they just keep picking mid game snowballing lineups and VP is surviving the midgame by the thinnest margin.

Slark/troll is a better late game combo than mirana or doom though, so this game may not be the same.

Chris R

More legit than it used to be since the split shot change, still not useful if the opposing team has greater situational awareness than a potato.

It was so damn funny. I saw the ancients moving around and then saw Medusa wasn't in a lane. Pushed mid out a touch and then rotated around and destroyed them.

They tried again and then just went top (still level 1 almost 10 mins into the game). At least I got my OD win for the 10 challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom