• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conceptor

Holy shit Mouz pushed VP to game 5.

Were games 1-4 close/interesting? Just wondering.

The end of the EU qualies means this is the end for the EUhub couch isn't it... I'm gonna miss that 24/7 stream.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Holy shit Mouz pushed VP to game 5.

Were games 1-4 close/interesting? Just wondering.

The end of the EU qualies means this is the end for the EUhub couch isn't it... I'm gonna miss that 24/7 stream.

More like VP pushed Mouz to game 5

Games 1-3 were really close, games of throws

iamblades

I fucking hate mask of madness void builds.

He is basically the hardest carry in the game without his ultimate, why do people build him into a one trick pony that is useless food when his ult isn't up?

Hylian7

He is basically the hardest carry in the game without his ultimate, why do people build him into a one trick pony that is useless food when his ult isn't up?
So he's not uselessly pillow fighting enemies under his Chronosphere?

MoM isn't the only Void but it is a good one.

Acinixys

Why do you think MoM Void is bad?

Its a nice bridging item if you get a maelstrom as well. lots of DPS and you can farm pretty quickly in the jungle

Divvy

In the early game, he isn't going to be fighting when his ult isn't up anyways so what does it matter?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

I agree with you partially, but when he's behind, I think he has to go treads/mom. However in a game like this where he has complete freefarm... that's a major throw. Go midas/mjolnir first or bfury/treads (then mom maybe).

Sibylus

Banned
The recovery MoM for Chronos is nice, but it's also helpful for jungle-farming too (and escaping a rotation with the extra MS when you predict it coming).

Calidor

gg mouz

I guess that now CIS have an almost guaranteed quali spot at Seattle, since the competition will be easy: MVP (inexperienced), VP (inconsistent), Liquid (lol)

iamblades

So he's not uselessly pillow fighting enemies under his Chronosphere?

MoM isn't the only Void but it is a good one.

I don't think so really, It is basically all in on your first couple chronos to do work. I consider a good build to be one that is stable and does not require 100% early success.

If you take things slightly slower and farm for 5 minutes longer you have have maelstrom + midas and have roughly equivalent dps as MoM without the lifesteal(which is weak early game anyway) and increase your farm rate and secure your late game.

Maybe Windrangers need to focus more out of getting more out of focus fire? It seems like a pretty good steroid for taking out a single target, but the damage usually isn't there cause she builds utility stuff. I haven't tried maelstrom on her since they changed/fixed the simultaneous lightning proc, but maybe that would be super good now?

I dunno, I still enjoy the hero and she can be quite effective if you're just getting good shackles off, but she definitely doesn't have the team contribution of a Mirana. Maybe windrun needs an attack range aoe to make it more useful as a slow? That or some sort of team buff, like partial evasion on nearby allies?

iamblades

Why do you think MoM Void is bad?

Its a nice bridging item if you get a maelstrom as well. lots of DPS and you can farm pretty quickly in the jungle

Midas/maelstrom is basically the same DPS as MoM without the drawback, it is up 100% of the time, it builds better into late game, and it secures you a baseline level of farm that MoM can't guarantee you.

I will say that MoM is better than agh's though. 4200 gold for 1 extra second duration and 20 seconds cooldown is like the worst aghs upgrade in the game.

Synderen is saying exactly what I am talking about.

Hylian7

I don't think so really, It is basically all in on your first couple chronos to do work. I consider a good build to be one that is stable and does not require 100% early success.

If you take things slightly slower and farm for 5 minutes longer you have have maelstrom + midas and have roughly equivalent dps as MoM without the lifesteal(which is weak early game anyway) and increase your farm rate and secure your late game.

You have to consider the Dota we have today that's all about the 5-minute 5-man death ball. You may not have the time to take 5 more minutes to farm real items. There may not even be a late game if the enemy death ball is too strong.

I grow tired of the death ball strats as well, especially on teams of uncoordinated pubs that will panic, myself included sometimes too.

Divvy

Midas/maelstrom is basically the same DPS as MoM without the drawback, it is up 100% of the time, it builds better into late game, and it secures you a baseline level of farm that MoM can't guarantee you.

I will say that MoM is better than agh's though. 4200 gold for 1 extra second duration and 20 seconds cooldown is like the worst aghs upgrade in the game.

uhhh well MoM is 1900 monies, while Midas/Mael is what, 4kish? MoM's farming rate increase for void is comparable to a Midas, so you can just MoM>Mael too if you wanted.

Lotto

I don't know how mouz let VP get 2 games with the way VP plays lol

Grats to mouz! Very solid play throughout all games.

FACE

Banned
I felt bad for G on that game, and the spectator chat(not sure why I still have this shit enabled) was full of 2k mmr brazillians going "hurr, Invoker should've been the one initiating. Report Invoker duuurrr."

More like VP pushed Mouz to game 5

Games 1-3 were really close, games of throws

Game 3 wasn't close, that's the game where Pajkatt just demolished VP with his Slark.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
You have to consider the Dota we have today that's all about the 5-minute 5-man death ball. You may not have the time to take 5 more minutes to farm real items. There may not even be a late game if the enemy death ball is too strong.

I grow tired of the death ball strats as well, especially on teams of uncoordinated pubs that will panic, myself included sometimes too.

Void had 12 minutes of completely uncontested freefarm before deciding to suicide 3 times for no reason after picking up mom/treads. He could have easily had midas/maelstrom or a battlefury and snowballed from there. Every minute a game goes on, void gets exponentially stronger and stronger, not this game... Not to mention deathball 5 man would get completely destroyed by chrono + AA ult + meteor. These three kept VP in the game for so long and almost enabled a comeback, imagine a farmed void on top of that.

The loss is 100% on that void, they would have won had he played better.

xanavi

Yeah, with the lane that illidan had I can't believe he didn't go midas. That shit is so free. I was expecting a closer game out of these picks. Oh well, I guess that's why these guys are in the qualifiers.

Conceptor

chansub-global-emoticon-f6c13c7fc0a5c93d-36x30.png

TI4EUHUB 4EVER

Divvy

Game 3 wasn't close, that's the game where Pajkatt just demolished VP with his Slark.

You could have said the same thing about the first two games. Mouz should have won those easily, but ended up throwing them. In game 3, they almost managed to throw again despite a snowballed as all hell Slark.

FACE

Banned
You could have said the same thing about the first two games. Mouz should have won those easily, but ended up throwing them. In game 3, they almost managed to throw again despite a snowballed as all hell Slark.

Wasn't it just one bad teamfight where Slark died? My memory isn't very good.

iamblades

This game was not really a deathball strat though, Mouz was running a ganking pick off oriented line up the whole series, not deathball. The void was getting complete free farm.

If you are up against a deathball, you should probably just not pick void. There are plenty of better heroes at fighting earlier. But if you do, there are plenty of other build options that allow you to fight relatively early, which all of the other hard carries that don't have chronosphere seem to manage just fine with.

You can also actually use chrono in a way that allows your teammates to contribute damage(and draft heroes that have the ability to do so, ie. not tree and centaur), so you don't have to go all in to try and 100 > 0 a hero in 4 seconds at the expense of everything else.

Divvy

Wasn't it just one bad teamfight where Slark died? My memory isn't very good.

Well they lost a teamfight and suffered a few pickoffs here and there. Though, taken in a vacuum, I guess it wasn't that close, but considering how the first two games went...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom