• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Sabot

So Newbee is on a 18 game win streak against the absolute best teams in China.

Absolutely 0 doubt in them at TI4, Director8 x OG TongFu OTP.

dmshaposv

Honestly surprised valve even invited them. Probably due to the MLG win when arteezy was their mid.

They are too inconsistent and clowny to actually win something.

Razzer

What does 3+2+2 even imply? Bone 7, he's just the sum of his parts?

Also, C9 have proven they can beat any of the top teams in the past, comfortably even. The problem seems to be stringing together a good run of form. I'd argue Sing and Aui tend to be the most consistent, whilst Pie, Bone and EE make more unforced errors (I don't consider getting ganked over and over like that time Sing went 0-9 as SF to be playing bad). Also, they aren't the best drafters all the time.

Ketch

I feel that mid is overrated. You get blamed for everything and no matter what hero you play, if you dont gank you get "GG NOOB MID NO GANK PLS FF I AFK"

Shit like Tinker/Naga etc who need to stay in lane and farm always get flak if they're not roaming 24/7

I'd rather solo offlane than mid

The worst this has ever happened for me is when my pub team told me I had to mid during the draft. Then when nobody bought wards or courier started pinging me to do it, and then when the pudge I was up against started ganking them even though I put wards up and called Mia started pinging me again and complaining I wasn't ganking even though I was I mid DP with no fucking items.

Then I got bitched at again later for going eul's before bloodstone.

We won that game.

The worst this has ever happened for me is when my pub team told me I had to mid during the draft. Then when nobody bought wards or courier started pinging me to do it, and then when the pudge I was up against started ganking them even though I put wards up and called Mia started pinging me again and complaining I wasn't ganking even though I was I mid DP with no fucking items.

We won that game.

Dotabuff or it didn't happen

J2d

Valve needs to fix this unkillable bot shit bug, I can't think of anything more annoying than losing a game to something as this =(

Hylian7

Solo mid Void is totally viable if youre not a total shitter. Bash + Evasion makes it easy to farm

You get a very fast 6 and usually easy farm and can snowball hard. Plus if you get a haste/DD you can wreck shit in the under-leveled sidelines

I feel that mid is overrated. You get blamed for everything and no matter what hero you play, if you dont gank you get "GG NOOB MID NO GANK PLS FF I AFK"

Shit like Tinker/Naga etc who need to stay in lane and farm always get flak if they're not roaming 24/7

I'd rather solo offlane than mid

We won that game.
Mid is great. If my team stupidly bitches at me, especially when I know it's not my fault, I just ignore them continue doing my thing. Sure, it gets annoying when they ping you when I'm Tinker wanting a gank at 5 minutes. I try to tell them "patience" then it gets around 10 minutes and I have BoTs and Soul Ring up and am able to rotate anywhere.

I was playing with my team a few weeks ago in a match and one of our guys' internet went out, and we had to keep playing without him. I was Tinker and singlehandedly held the game to 50 minutes, 4v5. It was a rough game, and we still lost, but damn it I sure gave the other team a good scare. In round 2 they first banned Tinker. The other day I got matched up against a guy from that team and he recognized me as "That Tinker they were scared of."

All pick is sadly too hardcore for me.

If you need some friendly sparring partners to team up with, I've been adding a few fellow newbies here on gaf. Everybody's learning, nobody gets shouted at. Feel free to add me on steam, my account name is 'Print Screen' (the one with the actual print screen button as an avatar).

EDIT:
I have finally found someone who likes Lich more than I do. He goes Tranquil Boots, Mekansm, Veil of Discord, Force Staff in most of the games, and buys lots of wards. I will try to build Veil of Discord more often, instead of the usual Midas, Aghanim and Refresher.

Q3VYDvp.jpg

http://dotabuff.com/players/659437

lich is love lich is life

http://dotabuff.com/players/37860943

Quesa

Isn't limited heroes a cesspool for smurf accounts anyways?

Not as much as you'd think. Most smurfers want to play as their favorite heroes and stomp or learn new ones, so limited heroes doesn't do much for them, assuming their favorite hero isn't in that pool. For most I think LH would get boring pretty quick, and so they'd move on to all pick.

Ive not play all random (only sd and rd)

Does it balances the team properly? each team gets a mid hero, carry, hard laner and supports?

Heck no

I absolutely hate all random. It sounds good on paper until you get like 3 straight games with wonky lineups and at my level, chances are most people don't know how to play the hero they've been randomed with as well.

shira

Why is EE drafting? This was the guy who wouldn't allow unpracticed strats on Notidehunter.

Either they've been practicing these crazy lineups or they really don't stack up to best in the East.

Hylian7

AR is fun because you get a fair opportunity to make an assclowny team work. I know I've been somehow able to make teams of 5 1-level carries somehow work. I've also seen it end in tears as it should.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
All Random can give you bad games, but second to Captains it's the most fair mode. The player pool is also generally way more enjoyable, with a higher level of skill and more English speakers and communication in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom