• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotto

There's definitely more, it's in the style of the recent lockless treasures where there are one or two very/extremely rare items that you have a chance of getting on top of what you get regularly. Confirmation is on the compendium page in the wording.

I missed that, nice. I have a feeling these immortals are going to be a lot cheaper on the market since there is a significantly larger amount of compendiums sold this time around (+ the way they're being distributed with compendium levels.)

7_image.jpg

I thought the left one was Venomancer.

I want that Lion scepter. Can't wait to turn mofos into a plopping fish.

Goddard

Where is a good place to go get some EZ rarez now? The Dota2lounge value betting just feels really fucking scummy to me, devaluing low end items and hyper inflating high end ones, but Dota2Wage has about 1/5 the games listed.

Is there any good sites remaining?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Where is a good place to go get some EZ rarez now? The Dota2lounge value betting just feels really fucking scummy to me, devaluing low end items and hyper inflating high end ones, but Dota2Wage has about 1/5 the games listed.

Is there any good sites remaining?
There is also this site:
http://www.dota2bestyolo.com/

Also, D2L isn't devaluing the stuff, if you go to the market thats what its really worth. Most rares aren't worth that much any more. If anything D2L changing to Value betting made them worth less, since people no longer have a use for "junk" rares.

Valve needs to revamp the crafting system to get some of the excess junk out of the system.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
WR ult isn't supposed to proc orb effects unless you have a scepter. I have just accepted this as likely never to be fixed, and likely will just get a note eventually saying that how it works now.

Acinixys

WR ult isn't supposed to proc orb effects unless you have a scepter. I have just accepted this as likely never to be fixed, and likely will just get a note eventually saying that how it works now.

The ingame text seems to indicate orbs DO work without aghs, and aghs just reduces the cooldown/damage reduction

6.81: Focus Fire damage reduction decreased from -50/-40/-30 to -30/-15/0, and no longer has special rules for procs.

Haunted

Just so we're clear, everyone is voting for Undying in the character vote in the compendium (Group 16), right?

right?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The ingame text seems to indicate orbs DO work without aghs, and aghs just reduces the cooldown/damage reduction

Ok, I decided to look it up, here are some Wind Ranger Bugs that make her stronger

1) The tree latch is really to big. Not super huge, but about 4% to much.
2) Shackle Shot shouldn't be able to latch to Roshan.
3) Powershot damage isn't reduced by trees it hits
4) Windrun will evade all projectiles in air upon activation, even if the enemy has true strike

No clue what RTZ is on about, none of those seem super major. Maybe he means broken in the figurative sense and thinks she is super strong.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How many days until LoL is made in Dota 2 engine and has a better client?

I give it a month once Valve implements a proper SDK. Right now making new maps, heroes, abilities, and items is a huge pain in the ass, and SDK should make them a lot easier to do. I wonder if people will try to import the LoL models, make new models, or just put a bunch of custom hats on heroes.

Zephyx

Ok, I decided to look it up, here are some Wind Ranger Bugs that make her stronger

4) Windrun will evade all projectiles in air upon activation, even if the enemy has true strike

No clue what RTZ is on about, none of those seem super major. Maybe he means broken in the figurative sense and thinks she is super strong.

You're right, it's not that game-breaking too, imo.

Saucy_XL

Banned

Windrun one isn't totally right, it's now supposed to disjoint in-air projectiles.

Okay, i was FINALLY able to upload my cast of the game that one of you sent me. Wow, youtube hates me right now.

So if you ever want to see a doom play without items until he has 5000 gold and then immediately buy a divine rapier, this is the game for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSCq...st=PL1CQyqIDNn5pct0KTCTTUfdNAJ95y6yId&index=1

Also, 9 carries and 1 support, and the support dominates the game.

I'm always thankful for feedback, still pretty new at this casting thing.

Bit of a noob question here but I never tried dealing with the dota 2 and steam item market.

If I sold an item to the market, can I convert it to cash or is it only credited to my steam wallet and can only be used on steam items?

Wok

Bit of a noob question here but I never tried dealing with the dota 2 and steam item market.

If I sold an item to the market, can I convert it to cash or is it only credited to my steam wallet and can only be used on steam items?

The second answer: it is converted to your steam wallet and can only be used on Steam games (steam store) or Steam items (steam market, steam in-game stores).

sixghost

You get the amount in your steam wallet. The only way to turn that into real money is doing weird shit like gifting people steam games in exchange for paypal.

Wok

You get the amount in your steam wallet. The only way to turn that into real money is doing weird shit like gifting people steam games in exchange for paypal.

Which could result in a chargeback and no money. People who do this kind of stuff (item to money) do not use paypal.

6. Charge back scam

This scam involves someone charging back the amount of money he sent you after receiving the item. The scammer sends funds over Paypal or a similar service, then, after receiving the item from you, contacts his/her bank to protest the transaction. The money returns to the scammer and they get away with the item.

Avoiding them: Make sure the person you're trading with has enough rep and is trustworthy. Avoid too good to be true deals and selling big stuff all at once, like hooks, timebreakers, and unusuals unless they're to a trustworthy person. Moneypak and BitCoin are non-refundable, but require more effort on the buyer's side.

For Chargeback scams, we should also recommend that (for maximum risk avoidance) that the buyer's cash rep should extend much far beyond 90 days in the past. In an ideal world, you are never selling to someone with lots of cash rep that only goes 90 days back (the most common chargeback window for PayPal purchases). As a rule of thumb selling anything major, ignore any cash rep in the last 90 days and your ideal scenario is that their older cash rep should definitely total more than what the current transaction is. That way you have a sign that they are invested in their rep and aren't gaining more by charging back than they are giving up in historical reputation they've built up.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Trade/comments/1lbsnn/psa_common_trade_scams_and_how_to_avoid_them/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Trade/...ow_to_safely_trade_dota_2steamtradable_items/

The second answer: it is converted to your steam wallet and can only be used on Steam games (steam store) or Steam items (steam market, steam in-game stores).

Thanks for the responses. It's a shame but it makes sense in Valve's part and it also at least mitigates nasty scams by removing the direct to cash part.

SamVimes

"Some of you who add Mushi at weibo may know the news already, let me tell u the story here..

DK has been boycott by China team (don't want to train with them) for quite some time because of xiao8 (Newbee) asking other team not to train with DK, just want DK to fall, stop them from improving, saying that DK is not truly a China team(because of Mushi & iceiceice), don't want them to be champion. I know many of u will ask for prove, I just can tell u, they got this news from a very reliable person & DK aint a person who will simply flame a person.

Other than training with VG, CIS, they can only train with public, or 2v2 among themselves.

*admin posting"

If this is true it's really fucked up.

Falk

that puzzling face
How was Chuan fine for years then?

Considering he actually was pretty much what won them an International, too.

Messiah

"Some of you who add Mushi at weibo may know the news already, let me tell u the story here..

DK has been boycott by China team (don't want to train with them) for quite some time because of xiao8 (Newbee) asking other team not to train with DK, just want DK to fall, stop them from improving, saying that DK is not truly a China team(because of Mushi & iceiceice), don't want them to be champion. I know many of u will ask for prove, I just can tell u, they got this news from a very reliable person & DK aint a person who will simply flame a person.

Other than training with VG, CIS, they can only train with public, or 2v2 among themselves.

*admin posting"

Disgusting if true.

Usobuko

Banned

*admin posting"

Well, even if this might only be a rumour, I recall xiao8 saying in TI2 that he hopes China can bring back the trophy. So I guess there's a sense of nationalism within him. I won't say I'm surprised though.

Razzer

*admin posting"

Where was this from? Also, it says they can only train with Vici and CIS, but they train with EG all the time according to Arteezy. It could mean of the China teams ofc, but I'm going to take this with a grain of salt.

*admin posting"

That's kind of disgusting (if true) but who can stop them from boycotting? I am fairly sure that the majority views DK as a China team though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom