• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibylus

Banned
I will say that Blaze has come a long way from his days of stumbling over every other word and injecting awkward pauses into everything. Apparently left his associate Triumph in the dust.

xanavi

I will say that Blaze has come a long way from his days of stumbling over every other word and injecting awkward pauses into everything. Apparently left his associate Triumph in the dust.

I want to say my hour and 7 minutes long game with Blaze 4 months ago was the turning point in his career.

shira

Cards?
loadscreen_mural_portfolio_large.559064fba04eb95cf65117cb6decb65fc7ddf640.png

Wohooo best loading screen
dota_keyart_naga_siren_loadingscreen_large.9ee7b53c681f7ac40d2fb131aa8307816096afd0.png

Satch

Banned
omg the only thing hard about playing broodmother is that EVERYONE comes to help you when they should push literally every other lane ever since the entire enemy team is trying to kill me

the ultimate space creator and its underappreciated. im never going to finish this fucking list because of her

Razzer

omg the only thing hard about playing broodmother is that EVERYONE comes to help you when they should push literally every other lane ever since the entire enemy team is trying to kill me

the ultimate space creator and its underappreciated. im never going to finish this fucking list because of her

It counts if you play with a stack, so that sounds like it might be ideal here.

Satch

Banned
i fucking hate life stealer and now that he's crossed off my compendium list i will never play him again :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

sephi22

Speaking of Life Stealer, we're not going to get that ESL milestone anytime soon, yeah? TI4 Compendium bopped all these tourneys.

RIP ESL. RIP Bonds of Madness. RIP Bounch. RIP my $10.
BibleThump

shira

Speaking of Life Stealer, we're not going to get that ESL milestone anytime soon, yeah? TI4 Compendium bopped all these tourneys.

BibleThump

It's already done, they are just going to add it no matter what.
Stretch goals are the biggest joke ever, but that's what sheeple like, the community thinks they are empowered, but they are not.

Aselith

Stretch goals are the biggest joke ever, but that's what sheeple like, the community thinks they are empowered, but they are not.

So why didn't we get techies last year then? THIS VALVE

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

BibleThump

Hopefully they just release it, I don't even know why they put that behind such a steep stretch goal, shit was dumb.

Hell, if they just made it come with the compendium I bet they would have sold even more, I know I held off on buying the compendium simply because I figured it wouldn't hit $250,000, and now my concerns are validated.

bounchfx

BibleThump

honestly I feel bad for ESL. I guess it was just bad timing + a mix of people being pissed about the dreamleague items being late? We actually got a lot of flak for that because of them, even though we delivered early, let alone on time. I mean, it sucks for us too, since we get paid based on the compendium sales. So even if you like the hud and ward you should buy it!
mandatory plug
We used starladder and dreamleague for reference as how much to expect and.. well.. it's barely 1/3rd of what they got. :(

The games are free to watch too, maybe that didn't help? I really don't know. For those that didn't buy it but bought starladder or DL, what was the difference for you? better matches? better timing? the items? first compendium since ti3?

I actually have no clue if they will. I REALLY hope they add it in a chest later down the line if the goal isn't reached.. or I hope they lower the goal. I don't know. It's still two months until the finals though. TI4 compendium seems to have stopped any progress :(. It would suck if it just never got used.

Hylian7

8J9N1YU.png

This bullshit right here defies any logic or common sense, so why the hell would you ever do it?

Edit: It gets weirder.

qBAHvCX.png

Aselith

honestly I feel bad for ESL. I guess it was just bad timing + a mix of people being pissed about the dreamleague items being late? We actually got a lot of flak for that because of them, even though we delivered early, let alone on time. I mean, it sucks for us too, since we get paid based on the compendium sales. So even if you like the hud and ward you should buy it!
mandatory plug
We used starladder and dreamleague for reference as how much to expect and.. well.. it's barely 1/3rd of what they got. :(

The games are free to watch too, maybe that didn't help? I really don't know. For those that didn't buy it but bought starladder or DL, what was the difference for you? better matches? better timing? the items? first compendium since ti3?.

If you set up a deal to have your set used in a bundle and it never gets used are you free to resell it or whatever? Do they have standard agreements for these or is it negotiated for each set?

bounchfx

If you set up a deal to have your set used in a bundle and it never gets used are you free to resell it or whatever? Do they have standard agreements for these or is it negotiated for each set?

I don't quite remember if it was specified. If it never hits the goal I'll talk to them and see. Obviously at this point I'm still hoping for another spike, or maybe they have another hidden goal, or some other way to spark interest back up. It's a damn high goal though for a set, I agree.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I actually have no clue if they will. I REALLY hope they add it in a chest later down the line if the goal isn't reached.. or I hope they lower the goal. I don't know. It's still two months until the finals though. TI4 compendium seems to have stopped any progress :(. It would suck if it just never got used.

Officially, what they said happens if they don't meet the stretch goals is they will only give the items to people who attend the live event.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Based on last year's prize pool, I bet Valve wasn't prepared for these stretch goals to be reached so quickly.

Maybe they weren't ready to have these extras go out so fast.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Definitely. They underestimated the power of lucrative stretch goals, and how much the game's grown since TI3.

Trasher

No.

Phase is poor because he moves fast enough without it.
Wand is okay.
Sange and Yasha are just "okay", for the same reason they're "okay" on many other heroes but never really "good", because they spread out their stats too much.

Also good:
Armlet
Basher
Heart

And you should be going mid and rushing a bottle.
Disagree on Phase. It's not about the movement speed. The unit walking is super useful for ganking. You're gonna need some HP from somewhere else though whether it be an early Vanguard or even an Urn can be useful.

shira

Definitely. They underestimated the power of lucrative stretch goals, and how much the game's grown since TI3.

mandatory plug

The games are free to watch too, maybe that didn't help? I really don't know. For those that didn't buy it but bought starladder or DL, what was the difference for you? better matches? better timing? the items? first compendium since ti3?

I feel like the other tournaments are doing it all wrong. Like none of the goals feel real. Like the set is already made, why are we paying all this money with the same reward.

TI does it great because they have rewards worth paying money for.

I feel sorry if you used Dreamleague for your financial forecast. They really screwed it up for everyone else.

bounchfx

I feel like the other tournaments are doing it all wrong. Like none of the goals feel real. Like the set is already made, why are we paying all this money with the same reward.

TI does it great because they have rewards worth paying money for.

I feel sorry if you used Dreamleague for your financial forecast. They really screwed it up for everyone else.

It was more of an estimate, no one thought it would be such a huge disparity.

And I disagree. about the goals not feeling real. When you hit a tier you should get the prize. We were very proud of having everything done beforehand, and we did it so that people wouldn't have to wonder if they'd get items on time or at all, you know? That shouldn't be when the prize begins to be made. Unless they made that clear from the beginning.. which apparently was never the case (see: dreamlolgue)

but either way, I just hope it doesn't go to waste. <3 doto and I just want to see it flourish. TI4 is doing amazing and I only see it continuing to grow. Gonna pick myself up some points to boost my compendium level soon too methinks!

shira

It was more of an estimate, no one thought it would be such a huge disparity.

And I disagree. about the goals not feeling real. When you hit a tier you should get the prize. We were very proud of having everything done beforehand, and we did it so that people wouldn't have to wonder if they'd get items on time or at all, you know? That shouldn't be when the prize begins to be made. Unless they made that clear from the beginning.. which apparently was never the case (see: dreamlolgue)

but either way, I just hope it doesn't go to waste. <3 doto and I just want to see it flourish. TI4 is doing amazing and I only see it continuing to grow. Gonna pick myself up some points to boost my compendium level soon too methinks!
Welcome to the RIP of sets never to be released.
42861.jpg

637x358.resizedimage

i really want to see valve give money to all the people attending

Re: The ESL compendium

I think it may have just been general fatigue of other compendiums and stuff that caused it to languish. Yeah maybe the Dream league delay and what not had something to do with it I dunno, but I think it was just that like 3 came out at the same time and they just got progressively more... not exciting? I guess? I mean the TI4 is mega hype, so at a certain point I guess you just have to do things differently I think to generate constant interest.

8J9N1YU.png

This bullshit right here defies any logic or common sense, so why the hell would you ever do it?

Edit: It gets weirder.

qBAHvCX.png

You had 17 tower damage as Tinker in that game. People in glass houses shouldn't throw dildos. Or something like that.

P.S. Just going to assume you lost mid hard too.

Satch Beats Brood: The Comeback: The Game: The Experience

http://dotabuff.com/matches/657232671

I'm sure the PL with a Rapier didn't hurt their chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom