• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

My Solo MMR is at almost 4k and I'm pretty confident I could reliably stomp 2.4k pubs. I think your smurf MMR will drop to your actual level soon.

Also, I think MMR is a shockingly accurate metric.

At 4k MMR, you sometimes play against smurfs of people at 3k MMR (and lose). So, I am not sure you could reliably stomp a team of 2.4k pubs against you and four other 2.4k pubs.

Moreover, it is a team game afterall, and carrying a team of 2.4k pubs is hard. Everyone stops farming at 15 min and tries to fight mid, so if you lose one teamfight there, there is usually no possible comeback, since it will be endless lost teamfights mid.

Razzer

http://dotabuff.com/matches/657443580

Guys, when did Dota become so easy? Since I bought the compendium I've been playing heroes I'm not familiar with and just owning the shit out of people. In this game I never went near my team until the last 10 mins. Just splitpushing and solo killing until I had my deso, then broke base whilst my team was fighting.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Lost another game, my fault for picking DK against LC/BH/ (then a Sven) I guess, but I wasn't going to pick CK vs LC because of OW. We only had 1 hard carry (me) which didn't help either when the game went to 50m. Fuck you compendium. Aghhhhhhhh

Guys, when did Dota become so easy? Since I bought the compendium I've been playing heroes I'm not familiar with and just owning the shit out of people. In this game I never went near my team until the last 10 mins. Just splitpushing and solo killing until I had my deso, then broke base whilst my team was fighting.
0 reliable stuns vs Weaver, hell 0 instant silences except for global.

At 4k MMR, you sometimes play against smurfs of people at 3k MMR (and lose). So, I am not sure you could reliably stomp a team of 2.4k pubs against you and four other 2.4k pubs.

Moreover, it is a team game afterall, and carrying a team of 2.4k pubs is hard. Everyone stops farming at 15 min and tries to fight mid, so if you lose one teamfight there, there is usually no possible comeback, since it will be endless lost teamfights mid.

I'm confident I would win significantly more than lose over, say, a 100 games if I played on that bracket. Oftentimes, I stack with friends who are in the low to mid 2k bracket and I find opponents to be utterly outmached against me most of the time.

Also, I'm a very greedy player and I don't gank or join fights unless there's good chance at succeeding. I also prefer split pushing over team fighting.

ViviOggi

Six thousand people watching the
chansub-global-emoticon-740242272832a108-30x30.png
stream

4 Null Talismans on Silencer--new Meta guys. On a side note, against a lineup like that I don't think you even needed Linkins, granted the stats are nice but you mostly get it to avoid getting stunned before getting Time Lapse off, which when they have 0 targeted stuns isn't exactly useful. I guess a well timed Cold Snap could have messed you up but a BKB would have given you equal or better longevity for cheaper.

Razzer

4 Null Talismans on Silencer--new Meta guys. On a side note, against a lineup like that I don't think you even needed Linkins, granted the stats are nice but you mostly get it to avoid getting stunned before getting Time Lapse off, which when they have 0 targeted stuns isn't exactly useful. I guess a well timed Cold Snap could have messed you up but a BKB would have given you equal or better longevity for cheaper.

Thanks for the tips. I was tired (still am) so I didn't even look at their team. Was building linkens before I knew it lol.

Thanks for the tips. I was tired (still am) so I didn't even look at their team. Was building linkens before I knew it lol.

That's a very niche situation. 99% of the time Linkins is core on Weaver, because it can stop 1 targetted spell no matter what it is. There's plenty of things that go through BKB though. In this situation most of them were just AoE stuns or AoE damage spells, which a BKB can help you against more than a Linkins. In most situations they will have 1 person with a targetted disable waiting to try and mess your day up so a Linkins is very useful for that.

ViviOggi

Yeah playing Nightstalker is a pain in the ass right now, once the enemy team starts deathballing you're pretty much useless. An NS with some early game kills used to be menacing, but now he tends to be much less relevant than similar mids. Maybe our setups were just bad for him, idk.
Missing him and Omni... I think I'll just reroll these scrubs.

rezuth

Yeah playing Nightstalker is a pain in the ass right now, once the enemy team starts deathballing you're pretty much useless. An NS with some early game kills used to be menacing, but now he tends to be much less relevant than similar mids. Maybe our setups were just bad for him, idk.
Missing him and Omni... I think I'll just reroll these scrubs.

Gotta get dat euls!

Zeth

I'm getting the "update client" message despite downloading the latest update 20 minutes ago and verifying the cache. -_-

edit: ok, got it, different update. TI season is madness I say.

3 updates this morning.
still no mini-pudge

FACE

Banned
Why can't I win a game as Lifestealer guys? I feel like I'm doing my part by AFK jungling until I get boots and an armlet but my team keeps feeding and then yelling at me about not helping which just drags me into the feeding as well.

Don't jungle, you can farm faster in lane and if you have a support with a decent it's easy to get kills.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/657248494

This is Juggernaut the way our Lord God intended him to be played.

Damn near lost this game but I absolutely wrecked at the end.

No Battle Fury? I like it, I like it a lot.

IceMarker

I'm still not seeing this TI4 Battle Booster everyone is getting in the usual spot for point boosters in the bottom left of the armory? WTF?

Who ever complains about dota spoilers?

I assume that
sentry wards let you see riki/bounty hunter/nyx
and
buying a TP counters bloodseeker
are massive spoilers for most of the DOTA community, because all my teammates tells me to stfu whenever I mention them

ElyrionX

QUESTION: If you watch the qualifiers on GDStudio or BTS do you get games watched towards your compendium goals?

Yes. ._.

#RoadTo1kUnrankedMMR

Same here. Just lost all desire for Doto. All I want to do is farm with my Wiz. Probably going to pick up the Compendium but have no idea how I'm going to level it up lol.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I'm psyched to be getting the Valve loading screens. They're so much better than about 99% of what is available otherwise

I hate when the Free to Play Doom set loading screen comes up. His left arm looks tiny and weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom