• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotto

man all the immortals are really cool. valve did an amazing job with it.

But seriously who the hell at valve thought the CM head was a good design? its like a baby hood and from the back CM looks like a cancer patient. It isnt sure if it wants to be a tiara or a headscarf.

Such a shame cuz i badly want that particle effect/custom icon for the nova.

Maybe they might rework it with negative feedback? They actually made the HUD much better by listening to feedback and turning it darker in color.

I like the CM crown idea but it looks kinda awkward on her right now. It doesn't fit her anymore but I think they were revisiting their old CM concept art with it.

6tEac0n.jpg

Jhriad

So I've been playing some bot games to get a little familiar with a few heroes and I'm looking to jump into player games. How's the matchmaking for newbies? I don't want to ruin a game for more experienced folks

Razzer

So I've been playing some bot games to get a little familiar with a few heroes and I'm looking to jump into player games. How's the matchmaking for newbies? I don't want to ruin a game for more experienced folks

It will put you with people of similar skill, though there may be a few smurfs running about. Don't worry about ruining their games though, they deserve it.

How long before you can't buy the compedium anyway?

I don't really understand the buff Lich ultimate got recently with Scepter. He has always been a top tier hero IMO and my go to support hero. Not complaining tho.

Hylian7

Well.

Considering you could have gotten all the Immortal items off the Marketplace for a total of about $11...

...I'm not sure you won. But hey, you had fun opening presents.
I did the same. I like the immortals and know I could have gotten them for super cheap, but I wanted to pay forward the prize pool as well as get my compendium to 100.

To think, this thing is approaching EIGHT MILLION DOLLARS. That is a huge deal, and something absolutely worth contributing to, immortals or not.

Hylian7

I like the CM crown idea but it looks kinda awkward on her right now. It doesn't fit her anymore but I think they were revisiting their old CM concept art with it.

6tEac0n.jpg
They have done that with a lot of Valve-made cosmetics. Some examples are Arcana Lina and the DP crown that was in the lockless luxkboxes.

dmshaposv

6tEac0n.jpg

Thats kinda neat, but they kinda have to modify her like lina arcana and just give her a glacier like hair. A counterpart to the fire hair if you will. Just make it a mini arcana, cuz we all know the russian kiddies will vote for pudge arcana anyway. Also thankfully volvo didnt make a pudge item and instead made something for tinker, DK and warlock.

I honestly feel the tinker, windrunner and storm immortals are essentially mini arcanas. They are that good. I wouldve even withdrew my vote for storm for arcana voting and give it to someone couldve wanted it since i love how much the orchid hat changes the base model and effects.

KingKong

Puck immortal is really, really nice. It's kind of a subtle change but adding a trail makes the orb look so much better, plus the little tail effect is cute.

There's less abuse than I was expecting, in a similar position to you. Can feel myself becoming more comfortable with each game

Just played a game where we were 5 vs 3 but we still lost since the other team were just communicating better than us, and farming more kills/levelling up/using better items. Had my best game personally,finishing on 4-7, didn;t feel like such a hindrance

Protip: If an enemy tower by their base only has a slither of HP left, don't assume you can take it down on your own. Got stuck in a group of enemy creeps, with the tower firing at me, then 2 enemy heroes destroyed me :(

Jhriad

It will put you with people of similar skill, though there may be a few smurfs running about. Don't worry about ruining their games though, they deserve it.

Any suggestions for heroes other than Lich? Also what game mode should I be playing?

Ketch

Protip: If an enemy tower by their base only has a slither of HP left, don't assume you can take it down on your own. Got stuck in a group of enemy creeps, with the tower firing at me, then 2 enemy heroes destroyed me :(

If your creep wave is not up to the enemy tower then it will have what's called "backdoor protection" which gives the tower a bunch of regen and makes it almost impossible to take down, especially by yourself.

Gonna sell my dream league pudge chain saw for the DK dragon, unless anybody wants to make a trade.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Any suggestions for heroes other than Lich? Also what game mode should I be playing?

Play all the heroes. You never know what position you'll like. I like Random draft because all the worst people play All Pick.

BraXzy

They all showed up within half an hour of the second patch last night. There was not use waiting if it was past that.

Was there any specific requirement that I missed? I opened like 4/5 normal chests within minutes of the first patch going up and they were given out for the early ones being bugged right?

Razzer

For now All Pick is probably the best bet. Avoid limited heroes from what I have heard, it's full of smurfers. Once you have a little more experiance you can explore the other modes and have fun with the different experiences they provide.

As for heroes, Crystal Maiden is a fairly simple support who can provide help without having to get too close, Wraith King is famous for having only 1 active skill, but he is really fun if you get a blink dagger, so you can try him. I will think of more soon.

when is this d2moddin stuff actually starting its been forever

Was there any specific requirement that I missed? I opened like 4/5 normal chests within minutes of the first patch going up and they were given out for the early ones being bugged right?

if you opened it and it would have been a rare but didnt get one because of a bug you got one later

you were just unlucky

just addin on!

If your creep wave is not up to the enemy tower then it will have what's called "backdoor protection" which gives the tower a bunch of regen and makes it almost impossible to take down, especially by yourself.

Gonna sell my dream league pudge chain saw for the DK dragon, unless anybody wants to make a trade.

Ah, good to know. Was wondering why I was doing nothing for the 5 seconds before I got ambushed like a bitch :p

Is a smurf an experienced player who starts a new account to batter noobs in the lower matchmaking tiers?

Razzer

Ah, good to know. Was wondering why I was doing nothing for the 5 seconds before I got ambushed like a bitch :p

Is a smurf an experienced player who starts a new account to batter noobs in the lower matchmaking tiers?

Yeah. A few gaffers even have them. Such sinners.

Edit: To add to my earlier suggestions, heroes that are hard to kill seem like they would make good beginner heroes. Bristle, Tide, Weaver, Abaddon. These cover a range of roles but can get away from sticky situatoins which is ideal if you are gonna be getting caught out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom