• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimatum

Banned
well that's shit

rox.kis deserved to be at ti4

but it shows the problem with having one big tournament to rule them all

fucking valve

aeolist

Banned
You mean with dk today? i dunno dk looks pretty damn good today so i can't blame alliance that much.

yeah it was more dk playing really well but a year ago alliance was playing like that and now they're still pretty strong but it feels like their judgement calls are really poor

XAL

DOTO PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Is your game is crashing to desktop when viewing the armory or viewing incoming item notifications?

It's because the Vici Gaming Spectator Gem is bugged (the one that you receive for collecting the team's player cards for the compendium).

Fix:

1. Go to your steam inventory through a web browser
2. Search for "spectator gem" (it will have no information on it)
3. Put the gem up for sale on the community marketplace for $400 (or whatever)

Armory and incoming notifications should be fixed.

XAL

duplicates duplicates

sVJaz9F.jpg

eJEiO8V.jpg

3NFVyAl.jpg

million bulldogs

Sounds like rox.kis is dropping their dota 2 team :/

Looks like their contracts expired and Rox.kis decided not to renew them. Makes sense really not many tournaments that the team are going to be in in the next couple of months, so might as well wait until after the TI4 shuffle and try to pick up a new team then

Why do I suck with Windrunner?
I seriously can't find her useful as a carry or a support.

play her as a support ganker. Practice her shackles with bots until you can pull them off easy and you have an easy time.

Plus, before you go into a lane with someone check their HP, whittle them down with normal shots and go for a kill with your powershot once you know it's a sure kill.

aeolist

Banned
i dunno if anyone else is watching arteezy's stream but his music is currently a really bad recorder cover of my heart will go on and it's blowing my mind

Messiah

i dunno if anyone else is watching arteezy's stream but his music is currently a really bad recorder cover of my heart will go on and it's blowing my mind

I owe my life to Arteezy. I got in a horrible car crash and i was in 6 month coma. The nurse switched to the Twitch channel to Arteezy's stream. I awoke from my coma just to mute it.

Acinixys

I owe my life to Arteezy. I got in a horrible car crash and i was in 6 month coma. The nurse switched to the Twitch channel to Arteezy's stream. I awoke from my coma just to mute it.

DANCE PARTY
░░┌──┐░░░
░╔╡▐▐╞╝░░
░░└╥╥┘░░ ░

I don't get why every pub game has somebody pick Pudge? He's a terrible hero in most circumstances with a high skill cap.

I dont really mind so much. Hes easy to control. But there is no middle ground with Pudge pickers. Theyre either amazing or terribad

titanic flute or riot

Between that and "Loads a' Money, Skip Rope, etc. I wonder if there is something seriously wrong with him psychologically. What makes a person want to hear that kind of stuff over and over? I thought maybe he doesn't hear the troll music he plays but that's clearly not the case

He is 17. Everyone listened to crap music at 17

Zeth

titanic flute or riot

Between that and "Loads a' Money, Skip Rope, etc. I wonder if there is something seriously wrong with him psychologically. What makes a person want to hear that kind of stuff over and over? I thought maybe he doesn't hear the troll music he plays but that's clearly not the case.

Girls' Generation
I don't get why every pub game has somebody pick Pudge? He's a terrible hero in most circumstances with a high skill cap.

Quintessential loan-wolf hero. Everyone wants to be the all-star landing the wicked skill-shots. Also, Dendi.

Hylian7

I dont really mind so much. Hes easy to control. But there is no middle ground with Pudge pickers. Theyre either amazing or terribad

Select ONLY ONE of these:

>Have a mid Pudge
>Win a game

Incorrect. Hero is underestimated as all hell and I will still stand by that statement.

He is 17. Everyone listened to crap music at 17

My taste has evolved a lot in these years of course, but I still like like 90% of what I used to listen to.

edit: I don't remember rtz's music in his stream, but Merlini is older and his music is still awful, it's not an age issue.

Hylian7

In organized play he doesn't do anything a Batrider couldn't do better.
And Bat does get banned a lot...

There are still the obvious differences, like a PURE damage nuke and a disable through BKB disable on a 30 second cooldown.

Obviously Bat will still be picked more, but Pudge is a perfectly viable option in the right hands.

batrider can deny himself?

Checkmate athiests. But he theoretically could deny via neutrals with equal ease.

And Bat does get banned a lot...

There are still the obvious differences, like a PURE damage nuke and a disable through BKB disable on a 30 second cooldown.

Obviously Bat will still be picked more, but Pudge is a perfectly viable option in the right hands.

The Pure Damage nuke is nice, but after the 20 minute mark it becomes increasingly irrelevant--like the entire hero really. Lasso goes through BKB, and doesn't completely disable your hero as well as providing a better chance for setup. There are plenty of abilities that go through BKB, and being on a short cooldown doesn't really matter if they don't really benefit your team the way a Black Hole or Lasso do.

Pudge is viable, but that't not saying much. You pretty much have to be roflstomping the other team to make him useful if the game runs long, and that's just unlikely in organized competative play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom