• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pratfall

Broke my losing streak with offlane windrunner. I take back everything I said, best hero in the game.

Has anyone done any extrapolation with the prize pool increase post immortal release? It honestly looks like we hit 10 mil in about a week. More stretch goals!

Not sure why I'm surprised there are a lot of people swapping out gems in the immortals before listing. Just an FYI if you are on the market to check the gems in the inscribed and make sure they aren't something like Victories and no kinetic

Not sure the Pudge skin will be so important because you have to be level 50 to earn it, right? That's only going to appeal to the most hardcore. The immortals are easy scores.

KScorp

Wait, are the gems that come with the immortal items random? Mine has a 'inscribed finger kills' gem and no further open slots.

All the immortals come with one inscribed gem specific to the hero, and a kinetic gem if applicable. There is a chance that the item will come with an extra free socket or two, apparently. Unless people just randomly add sockets to the items they sell.

mfaex

Not sure why I'm surprised there are a lot of people swapping out gems in the immortals before listing. Just an FYI if you are on the market to check the gems in the inscribed and make sure they aren't something like Victories and no kinetic

Just to add, everyone should be careful with any item that has valuable gems when buying from the market.
http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Kinetic_Gem Has gems and items they're first available on.

Acinixys

Wait, are the gems that come with the immortal items random? Mine has a 'inscribed finger kills' gem and no further open slots.

Yes its random

A friend got the CM crown with the Kinetic, the Impatient maiden kinetic AND a Frostbitten Enemies gem

That asshole

what in the fuck

Them Immortals man

Someone on Reddit said that it we keep going at the rate we are we will hit 10 million by the start of TI4

what in the fuck

ZH11DK5.png

jesus

im not worried about getting the alternate creeps anymore

Ketch

I think in most of those cases, people are just adding sockets. Just make sure you know which should have kinetic gems and which shouldn't.

Kinetic carriers:

-Sniper
-WR
-Crystal Maiden
-Tinker
-DP

Do not buy an item on the market or anywhere else if it should have a Kinetic gem in it (as listed above) and doesn't have it.

No Kinetic gems:

-Axe
-Puck
-Lion
-Storm

Re-quoting DV because it's super useful info, people need to know.

MadGear

Just opened my 3 immortals: CM, Storm and Axe.
Not bad considering i enjoy playing CM and Storm a lot, but sadly i don't like the way the CM immortal looks at all. Is there any shoulder piece that fits with this head slot item? With the default and snowdrop shoulder pieces she looks absolutely hideous. And yes, it matters :D

I wish i could simply extract the ability modifier like the animation gems and place it on another item. Without this option i'll probably never replace my Scree'auk's talon and Lightning Orchid :D

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
See all this excitement about unique one-off items is something Dota has been missing for a while. Basically since TI3 and the first set of Lockless Luckboxes. The majority of cosmetics in the past 6 months have been really bland, repetitive sets for the same heroes. Honestly as much as anything else about TI4 I'm looking forward to what new Genuine promo items they come up with. These things are really the best part of the cosmetics in this game.

I used to think that the only way to win at solo queue is to pick high impact mid heroes/carries but recently it seems as if this has become gospel to everyone in solo queue to the point that supports are completely avoided. When ranked first came out, it used to not be like this.

Dreavus

Use the market. Much cheaper. I have every item :)

Did you buy chests from the market, or did you pick up items individually? Trying to weigh options between the "no repeats" on chests and just buying the straight items.

I'm not sure if I like everything but there are quite a few that are great.

Razzer

Did you buy chests from the market, or did you pick up items individually? Trying to weigh options between the "no repeats" on chests and just buying the straight items.

I'm not sure if I like everything but there are quite a few that are great.

I couldn't be bothered to take the 2 seconds required to make sure the items still had the gems attached, so I bought the chests. Only a little extra.

Artanisix

If you aren't watching the Mouz vs Empire series, you're doing it WRONG. One of the best series yet, every game has been ridiculously even.

dmshaposv

man all the immortals are really cool. valve did an amazing job with it.

But seriously who the hell at valve thought the CM head was a good design? its like a baby hood and from the back CM looks like a cancer patient. It isnt sure if it wants to be a tiara or a headscarf.

Such a shame cuz i badly want that particle effect/custom icon for the nova.

Maybe they might rework it with negative feedback? They actually made the HUD much better by listening to feedback and turning it darker in color.

Razzer

But seriously who the hell at valve thought the CM head was a good design? its like a baby hood and from the back CM looks like a cancer patient. It isnt sure if it wants to be a tiara or a headscarf.

Maybe they might rework it with negative feedback? They actually made the HUD much better by listening to feedback and turning it darker in color.

The blue hair is really cool, so if they could change the styling to something that is more obvious it would look great imo.

Wok

These tournaments that aren't on twitch are killing themselves. I didn't even realize there was a game on.

They are sold on the Dota2 store too, and are advertised on the tournament agenda in-game. I have just bought the ticket to get the conveniency of watching through the game client, the tournament courier... and Sheever's commentary (which you also get with hitbox anyway). It is true though that Valve could do a better job advertising tournaments in-game.

ViviOggi

It's possible, they did the same with last year's shitty cauldron and Abaddon weapon.

Just need leddit to make a fuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom