• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Oh wow.

TI4 last two days - Sunday and Monday might be all Chinese teams playing.

Wildcard is so sooon
t1404846000z4.png

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
There should be a $15 million stretch goal where Valve recognizes that they've taken advantage of us all and issues a full refund on all compendiums and point purchases.

Kioshen

So those inhouses, do they happen mostly on saturday evenings and can anybody join ?

Also I have an extra immortal CM Crown and DP legs to trade for Player card packs if somebody wants them. Manage to open a DK Dragon form so might as well try to learn him now.

Razzer

I have to be the worst Shadow demon that has ever lived. Still, learning the ranges of his spells was useful, way shorter than I thought they would be from watching others. In other news, I have seen the light of G.ZZZ's Sniper, what a beast.

Quesa

I gave Crystal Maiden another shot.
She seems really easy to play.

A quick tip I'd give is to watch where you use her Q. Ideally you want to hit all opponents in lane without hitting creeps and pushing the wave inadvertently. Also once you have frostbite and you're not pulling or trying to defend someone you can always kill the bigger creeps in the jungle.

What's the best video series of shorts which show you what each Hero is about and how best to use them? Watched TotalBiscuit doing something similar 10 months or so ago, but each video was an entire match.

Razzer

What's the best video series of shorts which show you what each Hero is about and how best to use them? Watched TotalBiscuit doing something similar 10 months or so ago, but each video was an entire match.

Dotacinema have some short guides that show what each of their skills do. Other than that I can't think of a video format guide that is short. Most tend to be commentary over entire matches.

Oh and disregard anything TB says about dota. He doesn't play enough to be taken as a guide, that series (which I also watched) was more about showing off the game itself.

inkls

Are these edited? Otherwise Dotabuff has the worst graphs in the world. Seriously, Sniper has a 0% change in winrate and data points all over the place.

Unless the person who took those pics was lying they are genuine.

How the fuck does the winrate on CM go down? She's one of the best supports in the game still and its not that difficult to do well with her

Who's also really squishy and slow. also probably weird skill builds by those playing her for the first time.

Ketch

He might get shit on in this thread, but the Purge plays series is great for newbies. They're entire matches long, but if you look at the first person replay commentaries he normally talks a lot about skill builds/item choices. Also, check out his tutorial videos on his youtube page and of course: Welcome to Dota, You Suck!

Ultrabum

He might get shit on in this thread, but the Purge plays series is great for newbies. They're entire matches long, but if you look at the first person replay commentaries he normally talks a lot about skill builds/item choices. Also, check out his tutorial videos on his youtube page and of course: Welcome to Dota, You Suck!

Purge is a good teacher for someone 100% new to dota. That is his audience. It's one thing to be a great player, another to be a great teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom