• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dumb question: So I know you still have an unranked MMR, but does it still change? Like could I eventually get into a higher mmr bracket in unranked if I got to be a better player, or is that just for ranked?

Yes, it still fluctuates like it always did. Just hidden.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So how does Brewmaster Ulti works? You need to kill all three summons otherwise he will respawn?
He "respawns" with the same health and mana he had when he split, so it's not a full heal or anything. There's a priority between the spirits:

Earth > Storm > Fire

If all 3 survive, then he respawns at Earth when the timer ends. If Earth is dead, then Storm, if Storm, Fire. If all 3 are killed, then it counts as a kill against him.

Acinixys

I tune into Arteezy's stream cus I hear he just plays Windrunner now and he's playing Naga.

I demand a refund.

Аятеезу, lisтеи то ме. I ам тяарреd iи sоviет яussiа. Рlease seиd неlр, чоц аяе му оигу норе. Сука блять ио сору раsтегiио саррuснiио fгаррцснiио.

Hope he plays wind next game. Cause Naga and Tinker are SO boring to watch

Im sorry but what?

Alchemist is such a sub par carry. I'd rather play him as a support/initiator then a carry any day

Any other "carry" hero totally destroys Alch. Plus he needs so many levels and items to do anything

Alch is a fine 3/4 support since he can flash farm, but the thing about Alchemist is that no other hero will be 6-slotted 30 minutes in like Alchemist. He doesn't have the passives like PA, Void, PL or the attack peed of TB and AM, but carries by definition are item dependant, and he can get those items twice as fast as any other hero. If the game goes 60+ minutes he will lose to any of those heroes, but the idea is to take Alchemist and end the game by the 30-35 minute mark, or throw their carry off so badly that you can easily overwhelm him in the mid-late game.

Razzer

Аятеезу, lisтеи то ме. I ам тяарреd iи sоviет яussiа. Рlease seиd неlр, чоц аяе му оигу норе. Сука блять ио сору раsтегiио саррuснiио fгаррцснiио.

Hope he plays wind next game. Cause Naga and Tinker are SO boring to watch

MOTHERFUCKING PA!

ARTEEZY REDEEMED!

Zeth

"Hero has such a bad turn rate"

>has sticky napalm stacks

nvm, rtz is maad
fockers

RTZ battlefury PA EE-Build (no space)

Ketch

The part about making the other team flame each other is genius. "Oh you guys lost a teamfight at 15:00? Why wasn't your Faceless void there? What a noob!"

W1SSY

Ok so what's the easiest way to bind rune and lane spots? I don't think it's in the client bindings anymore?
I just have it in my autoexec. The two below should be for the runes.
bind "F3" "dota_camera_setpos -2273.898682 1232.745483 982.072876"
bind "F4" "dota_camera_setpos 3035.773438 -2972.680176 966.072937"

Quesa

I just have it in my autoexec. The two below should be for the runes.
bind "F3" "dota_camera_setpos -2273.898682 1232.745483 982.072876"
bind "F4" "dota_camera_setpos 3035.773438 -2972.680176 966.072937"

oh cool, just got it to work. Thanks!

inkls

Thanks to fellow GAFfer inkls for sending me a game to cast! It didn't really fit into my "Ragequits and Rampages" series, because there was too much skill (and not enough double boots, bottle first fun), but is still entertaining in it's own way. I'm still learning this casting thing, but I am enjoying this very much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Aew75ZI0J0&list=PL1CQyqIDNn5pct0KTCTTUfdNAJ95y6yId&feature=share

Here it is, enjoy.

If any of you wants me to cast a game just send me a PM or say so.

EDIT:
1-5 for items, space for the last item slot (i put my blink dagger there). I have my control groups on F2-F4.

We're famous rez! edit: have to say i enjoyed the bane casting alot. Rez carried hard (even though all the scrubs were in his bracket).

Dares

The life of a support is a hard one.

Ursa spams "We need Wards" when I have three wards on the map and have been warding the entire game. Meanwhile the Lina rushes Aghs but is in their stack so no flame for her.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Fucking ursa centaur sand king all with blinks. Completely impossible to fight anywhere, even uphill inside our own base. And since there's no mana cost they never fucking had to back off, they just had to get enough mana for their next stupid stun

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Fucking ursa centaur sand king all with blinks. Completely impossible to fight anywhere, even uphill inside our own base. And since there's no mana cost they never fucking had to back off, they just had to get enough mana for their next stupid stun
Why didn't you do anything vs 3 melee heroes who need items to function?

It's a mid-game wrecking ball, once you get BKB/Pipe it's ez life

The Technomancer

bro just buy a blink and initiate on their asses

or buy wards

Even if we see them coming our only option is to just hang back outside of blink range. And since even the base isn't safe, that basically means losing rax

Our Axe really should have had a blink, but for some reason he decided to go Vanguard after Blademail

The Technomancer

A Pipe is like 5000 gold. With the aggression they were showing and the deaths we were racking up there was no way any of our supports could get a pipe. Hell, I was Luna and I spent like 20 minutes trying to get my damn Ultimate Orb

BKB tapers off. Stupid blink stuns don't. And Luna ult is on like 180 second cooldown compared to their shit.

Why didn't you do anything vs 3 melee heroes who need items to function?

It's a mid-game wrecking ball, once you get BKB/Pipe it's ez life
We got wrecked in lane, they snowballed out of control and game was pretty much over by the time we even got the chance to get those items. Their rotations were better than ours, and their initiation was always going to be better, we had SD, Ogre and Axe with no Blink, we had zero initiation.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
A Pipe is like 5000 gold. With the aggression they were showing and the deaths we were racking up there was no way any of our supports could get a pipe. Hell, I was Luna and I spent like 20 minutes trying to get my damn Ultimate Orb

BKB tapers off. Stupid blink stuns don't. And Luna ult is on like 180 second cooldown compared to their shit.
Sounds like your lanes should have denied farm and XP better and warded their jungle.

Why didn't Axe lane vs Centaur?

I don't like SD at all unless he's with Mirana or 5k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom