• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

Can't play Dota like this. :|

Getting constant flaking out on my logitech wireless keyboard (and a little on my mouse). I'm resorting to playing Viper at this point.

Troubleshooting steps taken:

-Ensured Logitech software was up to date
-Re-paired all devices
-Removed all other USB devices
-Moved Unifying Receiver to different USB ports
-Swapped out Unifying Receiver
-Swapped out keyboard (both to same model and different model)
-Turned off wireless component of router
-Turned off cell phone
-Moved desktop closer to playing area (~5 feet away, with line of sight)
-Ensured batteries were at full power on all devices

Nothing is working to address the intermittent failures. I can manage in more casual games but Dota requires you to be on at all times. Keyboard stops working randomly at any point during the match and it's very likely to have serious consequences. Going insane.
Did this happen on both models? This used to happen to me on my old logitech wireless keyboard also. It was something with the batteries, as if they didn't fit perfectly. I'd have to wiggle them around or take em out and reinsert them for a temporary fix. Was never able to find a permanent fix though.

When you hit someone with a cleave skill/item, do they take your attack damage and the cleave damage? Or would they only be hit by the primary and only additional units are hit by cleave?

When you hit someone with a cleave skill/item, do they take your attack damage and the cleave damage? Or would they only be hit by the primary and only additional units are hit by cleave?

I believe the main target takes only attack damage and the cleaved targets take only the cleave percentage.

Dares

Dota Today is the only one i listen to. But its not very informative about mechanics and stuff. Its just 2 guys goofing off talking about the game

I agree with this, it's really fun I just wish it was more frequent.

It seems like with DOTA popularity blowing up there could easily be a weekly podcast right?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm kind of glad to see DK losing.
Newbee is just playing better and now iG beat them too? RIP Dota Kings.
No, doesn't happen to wired devices, and I don't have anything connected to the usb ports other than a unifying receiver right now. It has to be wireless interference coming from somewhere, I think. I just tried using the back ports and the signal wasn't even strong enough to re-pair my mouse at this distance, despite being really close. Had to stand right next to it to pair it. Really bizarre.

Anyway, here's my Dota clip of the day from the "keyboard and mouse randomly short out" gaming session just now ;b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7IWtqMhksA

Look at that Lion MVP stunning the third guy and then killing the plague ward with perfect timing, saving my ass
wat a hero

Yeah you already swapped out your hardware already and disabled some common 2.4Ghz interference so :/

Front USB ports can be wonky even on the good cases. If you can't get a good signal maybe give a short 1-3ft USB extension cable a shot so you can use the rear USB ports.

kasane

wat a hero

Yeah you already swapped out your hardware already and disabled some common 2.4Ghz interference so :/

Front USB ports can be wonky even on the good cases. If you can't get a good signal maybe give a short 1-3ft USB extension cable a shot so you can use the rear USB ports.
Ig was the real kings anyways :p

Only if luo didnt play like shit in starladder

Any idea why market prices on the Impatient Maiden kinetic gem plunged so spectacularly over the weekend?
The gem was accidently slotting itself into some of the unboxed CM Immortals. (It might still be happening actually).

Also people tend to marketplace dump stuff when something comes out they want to buy.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

wat a hero

Yeah, last resort I'll use a USB extension cable to get the dongle on top of my seating position. Or go Gaben: Extreme Edition and sit my Aeron directly in front of the 80" when I Dota ;b

Can't play Dota like this. :|

Getting constant flaking out on my logitech wireless keyboard (and a little on my mouse). I'm resorting to playing Viper at this point.

Troubleshooting steps taken:

-Ensured Logitech software was up to date
-Re-paired all devices
-Removed all other USB devices
-Moved Unifying Receiver to different USB ports
-Swapped out Unifying Receiver
-Swapped out keyboard (both to same model and different model)
-Turned off wireless component of router
-Turned off cell phone
-Moved desktop closer to playing area (~5 feet away, with line of sight)
-Ensured batteries were at full power on all devices

Nothing is working to address the intermittent failures. I can manage in more casual games but Dota requires you to be on at all times. Keyboard stops working randomly at any point during the match and it's very likely to have serious consequences. Going insane.
Does it happen out of game? or in any other games?

Artanisix

zyZ3gxe.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm going to bed. This is a Bo7 Chinese Dota smack down, I'll likely get up for school before its finished.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
BLINK MORPH
HAS ICEFRAUD GONE TOO FAR
Gonna play a game before bed, what could go wrong.
WELP
I hate picking first in RD there's too much to process then you get counterpicked since I have like 1-2 seconds to pick after looking.
Offlane Skywrath is funny, traded kills at least. PA tried hard to carry, but trench was too deep for Sniper and Leshrac. CK went tri-lane bot, PA went mid.
Item choices for everyone questionable. Too many silences and blink holders for Sky to work well, but I did use my level advantage and not role 5 farm to some degree.

Arkanius

A few notes:

Windranger:

Have been trying Carry Windrunner in offlane and mid. Variable success. I love the attack animation but I feel that spamming powershot eats all my mana very quickly, even with a bottle.

When roaming, sometimes I feel my teams don't know how to make use of my shackeshots. It's so satisfying to get a good shackle but then doh when no one follows up.

Dragon Knight: Strong laning phase, but afterwards, I really really fail with him when I have to farm. My team keeps needing me for team fights but I keep losing my gold advantage every game and then it's over.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Blink dodge RP
#worth
Dragon Knight: Strong laning phase, but afterwards, I really really fail with him when I have to farm. My team keeps needing me for team fights but I keep losing my gold advantage every game and then it's over.
I can't win any of my DK games solo queue.

I think he needs some coordination behind him.

I can't win any of my DK games solo queue.

I think he needs some coordination behind him.

He is great at taking towers early but not so great at taking down heroes until he gets like a BKB and AC and/or Crit. You really need a pushing lineup to plow through their T1's and make space for yourself to farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom