• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Sounds like your lanes should have denied farm and XP better and warded their jungle.

We did decently in lane and actually forced PA out, so four of them showed up, ganked us, tried to take the tower, killed us again, all the time Axe is just sitting up top chipping away at PA and we're asking him to come down and get some damn kills.

Sounds like your lanes should have denied farm and XP better and warded their jungle.

Why didn't Axe lane vs Centaur?

I don't like SD at all unless he's with Mirana or 5k
It was a weird Centaur PA dual lane.

I was forced into SD as every other support was taken(RD), it was my first time and turns out disruption is a hard spell to cast right. SD doesn't combo well with any of the heroes we had except extremely late game so I can make Luna illusions.

Finally getting more competent at this game, yet so many games end up super frustrating.

I've mostly been playing random draft, all random and single draft and picking random heroes to try out. Not sure what I'm good with yet, though. I'm great at legion commander, but thats really not an accomplishment.

Maybe someday I'll jump into ranked play....

Hupsel

Hope they nerf that bitch Mirana soon icefraud balance yeah
best escape mechanism for 10 mana and 10 sec cooldown and roflstpsomp spells
Ill just play HotS
That will teach valve

you know what's a great item? shiva's guard is a great item

What are your favorite underrated items?

There aren't a lot of underrated items. Shiva's definitely gets passed up on a lot but it is core on a few heroes. I would say the only item I can think of as really being underrated is MKB, at least in pubs. People will more often than not go for Mjollnirs or Crit before considering an MKB, even if the other team is rife with evasion.

Quesa

branches they're super efficient think about it you could have +60 all stats for 3k gold they need to buff it so you can bundle them or give me more item slots though

Ketch

People talk about how Atos is so good and still no one picks it up.

I just think RoA is too expensive... And I never know what heroes to get it on or against. I thought a cool item build for support wraith king might be treads, oov, atos into blink and abyssal. I call it the crippler.

branches they're super efficient think about it you could have +60 all stats for 3k gold they need to buff it so you can bundle them or give me more item slots though

Ahh yes the GG branch. I really only ever buy them on support, or heavy stat dependent heroes (morph, medusa, etc)... Do you think it's better to fill your inventory in the early game or save for a fast bottle, basi, soul ring, etc?

Eul's.
- Great buildup
- Great for chasing fleeing heroes as they can't blink when cyclone finishes
- Makes you invulnerable if cast to self
- Sometimes it serves as a big signal to your ally which target to focus on
- Nice additional movespeed
- Good counter to Faceless Void lel
- interrupts channeling spells

Ketch

Can you eul's a teammate? Had an ogre in my last match complaining he couldn't eul's us to save us from Bloodseeker

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can you eul's a teammate? Had an ogre in my last match complaining he couldn't eul's us to save us from Bloodseeker

You could in HoN, so, HoNtrash detected.

shira

Eul's.
- Great buildup
- Great for chasing fleeing heroes as they can't blink when cyclone finishes
- Makes you invulnerable if cast to self
- Sometimes it serves as a big signal to your ally which target to focus on
- Nice additional movespeed
- interrupts channeling spells

+50 damage, it's the ultimate item.

Ketch

You could in HoN, so, HoNtrash detected.

I never played HON. That game looked shittier then dota 1. I'm a league vet because that game had better graphics
and boobs

Edit: Oh. You mean the ogre. Yea, fuck that hontrasher

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Can't play Dota like this. :|

Getting constant flaking out on my logitech wireless keyboard (and a little on my mouse). I'm resorting to playing Viper at this point.

Troubleshooting steps taken:

-Ensured Logitech software was up to date
-Re-paired all devices
-Removed all other USB devices
-Moved Unifying Receiver to different USB ports
-Swapped out Unifying Receiver
-Swapped out keyboard (both to same model and different model)
-Turned off wireless component of router
-Turned off cell phone
-Moved desktop closer to playing area (~5 feet away, with line of sight)
-Ensured batteries were at full power on all devices

Nothing is working to address the intermittent failures. I can manage in more casual games but Dota requires you to be on at all times. Keyboard stops working randomly at any point during the match and it's very likely to have serious consequences. Going insane.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
What about uninstalling the software and testing to see if the mouse and keyboard work using separate receivers without the Logi software?

Ketch

Getting constant flaking out on my logitech wireless keyboard

I had wireless stuff for awhile, and I've tried a couple different types... but it all sucks. Gotta go wired man.

Wireless is really only good for comfy couch PC gaming imho.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I had wireless stuff for awhile, and I've tried a couple different types... but it all sucks. Gotta go wired man.

Wireless is really only good for comfy couch PC gaming imho.

That's what I'm doing, comfy couch PC gaming ;b

FACE

Banned
You're not playing on a 120hz monitor with a mechanical keyboard and a good mouse? What a scrub!

:p

I instapick Disruptor against void because trash tier(aka my tier) players usually go for ultra greedy builds and never buy BKBs so I can just drop a static storm inside his chrono and/or glimpse him back.

Getting constant flaking out on my logitech wireless keyboard (and a little on my mouse). I'm resorting to playing Viper at this point.

Buy a disposable wired keyboard exclusively for Dota purposes.
Or do you need wireless because you play on a huge HDTV just like Ketch said?
I tried doing that and it's hard getting used to it.
Any gaffers play on huge TV's too? What's your experience?

I instapick Disruptor against void because trash tier(aka my tier) players usually go for ultra greedy builds and never buy BKBs so I can just drop a static storm inside his chrono and/or glimpse him back.

Good one. Disruptor is one of my favorite heroes too. I love how he contributes a lot to team fights (as long as the enemy doesn't go mass BKB).

Gotta echo my love for disruptor as well. The hero absolutely punishes enemies that are out of position which at my mmr happens constantly. How do you guys build your disruptor? I've been maxing out glimpse first lately and the pick offs especially early -midgame are just plentiful.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

FACE

Banned
Gotta echo my love for disruptor as well. The hero absolutely punishes enemies that are out of position which at my mmr happens constantly. How do you guys build your disruptor? I've been maxing out glimpse first lately and the pick offs especially early -midgame are just plentiful.

Glimpse is the best spell in the game and it scales beautifully with levels, there's not reason not to max it out first. After that I max out Kinetic Field even though it doesn't scale that well. His nuke isn't that good in my opinion, its main purpose is to give vision of the enemy so you can glimpse him back.

shira

Goin to sleep but for those nighthawks/other side of the planet-ers

DK vs iG
http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit
t1401688800z1.png

Glimpse is the best spell in the game and it scales beautifully with levels, there's not reason not to max it out first. After that I max out Kinetic Field even though it doesn't scale that well. His nuke isn't that good in my opinion, it's main purpose is to give vision off the enemy so you can glimpse him back.
His nuke is my favorite ambush skill in the game. Use smoke, catch enemies unaware and let your carry reap the profits.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Troubleshooting steps taken:

-Ensured Logitech software was up to date
-Re-paired all devices
-Removed all other USB devices
-Moved Unifying Receiver to different USB ports
-Swapped out Unifying Receiver
-Swapped out keyboard (both to same model and different model)
-Turned off wireless component of router
-Turned off cell phone
-Moved desktop closer to playing area (~5 feet away, with line of sight)
-Ensured batteries were at full power on all devices

Nothing is working to address the intermittent failures. I can manage in more casual games but Dota requires you to be on at all times. Keyboard stops working randomly at any point during the match and it's very likely to have serious consequences. Going insane.
Does this happen to wired USB devices as well?

I'd:
Blow out PC
Use rear ports
Check for any USB power settings or savings in BIOS (Like XFAST USB)
Reinstall/Update USB/Chipset Drivers
Update BIOS
Last resort: Test outside of case for grounding issue

You've done all the things it should have been. No extra USB devices that may cause shorts? Bad phone USB charging cables are major culprits.

dmshaposv

Also apparently some kinetic gems like bored maiden now play as random in game idle animations

Cool I guess

Man i saw that gem going for $10-11 or so and now it drops down in price to $2?

I dont get why? It wasnt even on the immortal cm item. Or just hat barons being paranoid and throwing everything for cheap on the market again.

FACE

Banned
His nuke is my favorite ambush skill in the game. Use smoke, catch enemies unaware and let your carry reap the profits.

It's not a bad spell, I just can't justify maxing it over any of his other spells.

By the way, his Aghs upgrade is easily one of the best. It can make such a huge difference late game.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Does this happen to wired USB devices as well?

I'd:
Blow out PC
Use rear ports
Check for any USB power settings or savings in BIOS (Like XFAST USB)
Reinstall/Update USB/Chipset Drivers
Update BIOS
Last resort: Test outside of case for grounding issue

You've done all the things it should have been. No extra USB devices that may cause shorts? Bad phone USB charging cables are major culprits.

No, doesn't happen to wired devices, and I don't have anything connected to the usb ports other than a unifying receiver right now. It has to be wireless interference coming from somewhere, I think. I just tried using the back ports and the signal wasn't even strong enough to re-pair my mouse at this distance, despite being really close. Had to stand right next to it to pair it. Really bizarre.

Anyway, here's my Dota clip of the day from the "keyboard and mouse randomly short out" gaming session just now ;b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7IWtqMhksA

Look at that Lion MVP stunning the third guy and then killing the plague ward with perfect timing, saving my ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom