• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the recommended way to creep block (walking in front of them to slow them down)? Using the walk and stop commands in quick succession? Walking in short diagonals? I've been practicing a bit in bot matches but I can't nail it down.

Razzer

What's the recommended way to creep block (walking in front of them to slow them down)? Using the walk and stop commands in quick succession? Walking in short diagonals? I've been practicing a bit in bot matches but I can't nail it down.

It's entirely personal preference. If you watch pro mid players you notice they all do it differently,so it is simply what you feel comfortable with.

Mohasus

I like walk and stop for a single line of creeps and walking in diagonals if creeps are side by side.

Madouu

I like the way icex3 does it. Keeps his camera centered on his hero and blocks the creeps by walking in short diagonals, occasionally issuing stop commands.

We should have an endurance contest on who can last the longest watching this series.
I know a guy who's there. He keeps ducking into McDonald's between matches to leech off their wi-fi and complain how long everything is in my IRC channel (although it is apparently much better live)

Razzer

I'm just treating this like test match cricket. You gotta have it as something you switch to when you hear Godz shouting, otherwise spend most of your time on other tabs.

Rokam

We should have an endurance contest on who can last the longest watching this series.
kramer_is_out_gif.gif

It's entirely personal preference. If you watch pro mid players you notice they all do it differently,so it is simply what you feel comfortable with.

I like walk and stop for a single line of creeps and walking in diagonals if creeps are side by side.

I like the way icex3 does it. Keeps his camera centered on his hero and blocks the creeps by walking in short diagonals, occasionally issuing stop commands.

Thanks people, I'll try some of these and see what works for me.

Falk

that puzzling face

Also differs by lane. The horizontal/safe lane creeps move faster for the first 1/3 leg. Moving in a straight line in front of them is much easier. Offlane creeps on the other hand walk slightly slower than non-boots movespeed for a bit for a bunch of heroes so you're pretty much wanting to zigzag in front of them. And keeping camera centered the entire time helps a *lot*

Acinixys

Im in a game where a sniper with 3.2k gold buys a VANGAURD over shit like maelstorm becasue "I need the damage block vs legion commander"

fml

rezuth

Im in a game where a sniper with 3.2k gold buys a VANGAURD over shit like maelstorm becasue "I need the damage block vs legion commander"

fml
I had a tide in a game where he rushed refrseher, he got it at 25mins. Only problem was he couldn't use it because he didn't have brown boots to position himself and no mana to activate it after ulti.

Thankfully I turned that game around with my Earthshaker.

Hylian7

I had a tide in a game where he rushed refrseher, he got it at 25mins. Only problem was he couldn't use it because he didn't have brown boots to position himself and no mana to activate it after ulti.

Thankfully I turned that game around with my Earthshaker.
I forced a Sniper on the other team to buy a Blink Dagger once as Tinker. Every time I would BoTs in to bother him he would say in all chat "leave me alone Tinker!"

Also I'm winning a lot with Tinker lately. Maybe this is my ticket to 4k.

fc0eL3F.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom