• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzer

Okay. However, according to the wiki:

It seems I have been overlooking Anchor Smash which looks like a great farming spell indeed.

It sounds pretty cool.

If you or a support stacks ancients you can farm them with 2 levels of kraken plus anchor smash. You take almost no damage at all, only the biggest creeps do anything. It requires full mana pool to get through them though.

Wok

I will have fun with Tidehunter then. Maybe Omnknight as well if I manage to use Repel more à propos.

Zeth

Nice to see the Coke promos coming down in price. Most are around 2 dollars, which is a fair price imo for a Genuine.

Yeah - that is nice. Still no deals on that godawful invoker set. I get them mixed up - that and the witch doctor staff etc aren't korean/coke promos, right?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nice to see the Coke promos coming down in price. Most are around 2 dollars, which is a fair price imo for a Genuine.
Yeah, before only a single region could get the items, they didn't formally come out until yesterday.
Yeah - that is nice. Still no deals on that godawful invoker set. I get them mixed up - that and the witch doctor staff etc aren't korean/coke promos, right?
They are all Chinese items, don't really know what they were given out for or if more will release. Glad I picked up the wd staff at $10, rather over pay a bit for an awesome item instead of find out out never is released again and is suddenly $100+ like that dark seer set

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Not Dota related but someone has managed to viewbot some Mario Kart stream to like 100k lol.

Zeth

Much like that one promo Mirana set, I'm thinking the Invoker and Drow sets will be on the store eventually.

Interesting. Btw, that Puck head is pretty sweet.
Cosmetic_icon_Mischievous_Fruits.png

edit: ugh I really want the Dark Seer set.

From what I heard, the Dark Seer set is supposed to be on the store. The coupon or whatever it came with seemed to imply it.

I picked up the Abaddon mount. It's different than his other mounts and I like decking out my favorite heroes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The lore that was submitted basically said it's a fruit Puck found that he thought would look good on his head.

Unsurprisingly, Valve did not accept the lore portion of the item.

"Once Puck found a strange kind of fruit is perfect on her head."

Also, what is it with Earth Spirit items and Vanquishing Demons, almost every item has it as part of its motif, yet there is no mention of demons in his lore at all.

Edit: In other News, Old Man Fear officially not playing at TI4, Mason will take his place. Fear is trying to get a caster spot though:
http://evilgeniuses.gg/Read/344,Clinton-Fear-Loomis-Sidelined-by-Injury/

In before "Will EG get kicked from TI4 for playing with the guy they have played with for 4+ months instead of the injured guy?"

KingKong

Also, what is it with Earth Spirit items and Vanquishing Demons, almost every item has it as part of its motif, yet there is no mention of demons in his lore at all.

Edit: In other News, Old Man Fear officially not playing at TI4, Mason will take his place. Fear is trying to get a caster spot though:

In before "Will EG get kicked from TI4 for playing with the guy they have played with for 4+ months instead of the injured guy?"

They already said that Valve is cool with it. Too bad, imo EG is a better team with him

Didn't LGD have a similar issue last year? I'm not saying that EG should have their invitation rescinded but rather like most other things, Valve needs to be better with roster change rules. Otherwise future teams will just change their rosters around after international qualifiers have happened

LGD replaced longdd for performance reasons. Fear's not playing because he's hurt.

I thought it was because he had to have surgery or something?

edit- it was DD who replaced LongDD (had to leave the team because of surgery and came back after recovery to replace LongDD)

mfaex

The player longdd was replaced with was the one who had a medical thing. dd or ddc, it was his ears iirc.

e: it was dd.

e2: To be clearer, when dd was replaced by longdd there was talk that dd might not even play dota again. longdd wasn't announced as a temporary replacement, and when he was booted for dd before the qualifiers there was scene drama around it. They replaced him due to internal issues.

So retirement seems imminent after this news(and even before this news I guess).

Chris R

Being a latecomer to the Doto scene I don't have a great attachment to Fear. Sucks he'll be out though (and probably done from the looks of things).

Wonder what percentage of the prize money he gets if any... (assuming EG finishes in the money). Would suck to not get anything after helping to get the team to where it is today.

too bad about FEAR.

I can't even imagine missing out on a tournament where just making the cut to get into the money rounds means making more than all the rest of the year's winnings you could have earned combined.

I'm surprised, after "This staff is for Keeper of the Light" as A+ lore, they didn't just copy and paste the workshop description.

Also yea, noticed that too. Too bad we don't have item lore anymore to fill in the blanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom