• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messiah

what happened to dk

I know other chinese teams are strong, but dk don't seem to be playing as well as they used to

They are just keeping their pocket strats for TI4
chansub-global-emoticon-8eed21805f6217ce-27x29.png

_hekk05

Banned
Do you have a link to the game? That sounds astounding. I can't even imagine how someone does this. It only reminds me how much I suck at Dota.

Would like to know too. Though usually when its so imbalanced, the team is built upon pushing. Think pugna + tiny + wisp + lycan lol

Also what streams are you guys watching? Or is everyone in game?

Messiah

This shit is so bad i can't even believe they actually produce it. It's sort of surreal.

"Tay has created a new breed of Pop that's like Ke$ha without the sex, and Gaga without the avant garde- what are you left with? Pop songs about the mundane issues you face in everyday life. It's sassy, fun, and RELATABLE. Chosen by Justin Timberlake and MySpace as a top upcoming artist of 2013. "

inkls

"Tay has created a new breed of Pop that's like Ke$ha without the sex, and Gaga without the avant garde- what are you left with? Pop songs about the mundane issues you face in everyday life. It's sassy, fun, and RELATABLE. Chosen by Justin Timberlake and MySpace as a top upcoming artist of 2013. "

Myspace is still alive?

How long does it take for them to add the daily challenge hero?

Feels like forever since we hit that stretch goal.. although it was probably last week.

Quesa

The parallels to that Friday song are striking and meaningful for the indepth discussion we're bound to have about this song in this dota thread

manfestival

Whoa can you all calm down and get off of RTZs back? Also is there any place that I can find his music? I think he has the best ironic music in existence.

KingKong

His stream is shit anyway compared to most other popular Dota streamers. Sadly a lot of them don't stream that much compared to him.

I miss my Bulldog stream :(

Sing Sing stream is the best because he does things like run a gank squad from level 1 instead of farming mid for 30 minutes

Renoir

so.... these webm things, are they ever going to be embedded?
the .gif thing is that its a clip in your face with no clicking.

I understand webm you can fit more, but i never feel the need to click them unless they're reposted many times, thats when im like.. "ok i got to click this"

Or... Maybe there is an extension everyone has that i dont have....??

shira

so.... these webm things, are they ever going to be embedded?
the .gif thing is that its a clip in your face with no clicking.

I understand webm you can fit more, but i never feel the need to click them unless they're reposted many times, thats when im like.. "ok i got to click this"

Or... Maybe there is an extension everyone has that i dont have....??

Andrex made one for chrome
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webm-for-neogaf/gcjkaaggachnbhepejjhfacpldjflffl

Razzer

I'm still a teen and I most certainly don't listen to music like that.

Regardless, RTZ's stream is still entertaining just watching him trying to survive the endless train of ganks because everyone wants to be the one to kill him.

I'm still a teen and I most certainly don't listen to music like that.

Regardless, RTZ's stream is still entertaining just watching him trying to survive the endless train of ganks because everyone wants to be the one to kill him.
Teens don't all listen to the same music, most of them just don't know exactly what kind of music they like yet so they mostly end up listening to generic simple garbage.

Also weren't you 19? Big difference between 17 and 19.

Razzer

Teens don't all listen to the same music, most of them just don't know exactly what kind of music they like yet so they mostly end up listening to generic simple garbage.

Also weren't you 19? Big difference between 17 and 19.

Agreed. But aeolist said everyone listens to shit music as a teen. Not true.

manfestival

haha, yes, ironic, thats why he listens to it.

Not really sure how much you know about his stream but its pretty clear when he listens to something that he likes or actually would listen to as opposed to something more ironic/trolling purposes.

Time to get back to Dota for the first time in 2 weeks and finish my 10 hero challenge

Morphling, Lone Druid, Shadow Field and Clockwerk

Pretty sure I have zero wins combined on those heroes

Raytow

Time to get back to Dota for the first time in 2 weeks and finish my 10 hero challenge

Morphling, Lone Druid, Shadow Field and Clockwerk

Pretty sure I have zero wins combined on those heroes
Clockwerk is cool, still have no idea how his hookshot works, like Pudge no targeting instead a straight line?

Falk

that puzzling face
Hookshot still has a cast time and slight travel time so you do have to lead, but not as much as meathook, and much less range-dependant since the projectile travels a lot faster.

RS4-

Clock is pretty easy to use. Unless there's a disruptor on the team. No fun hooking someone that can blink out either. And hook stop stops bkb tps.

Razzer

Also, whereas with meat hook hitting it is the hard part, hookshot is about selecting the right target. Hooking into the wrong spot means suicide, whereas a good one can win a fight.

So, play Omniknight against physical damage, tidehunter against magical damage (I don't know why), and play Dark Seer but for what?
Tidehunters passive purges you at a certain damage threshold. So basically you can't be stunned for a very long time and you'll be able to ravage/spit/smash/support stuff all over them.

Clockwerk is cool, still have no idea how his hookshot works, like Pudge no targeting instead a straight line?

First game went pretty well, we lost but I played okay this second game. Our Legion Commander stayed in jungle for first 15 minutes and well you can guess how that went

Wok

Tidehunters passive purges you at a certain damage threshold. So basically you can't be stunned for a very long time and you'll be able to ravage/spit/smash/support stuff all over them.

also he's generally tanky and likes to build pipe

Okay. However, according to the wiki:
Kraken Shell
Does not prevent magical damage.

It seems I have been overlooking Anchor Smash which looks like a great farming spell indeed.
Anchor Smash
Not blocked by Magic Immunity. Not blocked by Linken's Sphere.
Tidehunter swings his mighty anchor to damage nearby enemies and reduce their base attack damage.
Radius: 400
Duration: 6
Damage Reduction: 60%
Damage: 75/125/175/225
Cooldown 7/6/5/4 Mana 30/40/50/60
Affects ancient creeps, but not Roshan.

Anchor Smash is a great way to clear creeps and farm for Tidehunter. Due to its low Mana cost, it can be used to harass enemies, especially melee heroes.
Do not underestimate the 60% damage reduction from Anchor Smash. If you use it on a hero with a powerful auto-attack, such as Ursa, their damage output will be severely reduced. With 100% uptime from level 2 onwards, you can keep one or more enemies' attack damage crippled indefinitely provided you keep using this skill.

It sounds pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom