• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh I forgot to put in my qualifier predictions, never getting those compendium points back :(.

The predictions are for the European qualifiers i think. You still have about 11 days left.

Edit: It seems they will let us watch the American, SEA and Chinese qualifiers first. Predictions close in about 10 days 20 hours.

Renoir

AWWW YISSS

XWIqhYW.png

Those 5 straight losses as Nightstalker wasn't fun though.

wish i had balanar in my line up..

BraXzy

IT. IS. NOT. THERE. I've said this in three different posts now, it's not listed in my Armory in the bottom left.

I'm the same. I get the extras from other people's in-game applied, but when mine pops up nothing changea with my Battle Point percentage. I should be on something like 420%.

Hylian7

Pudge pick by Zephyr LOL
I can't watch right now. Who is playing it and how are they doing.

Also writing this post reminded me of an idea I had, and I'm not sure if this exists somewhere: radio-style casting.

Imagine if you are in the car or somewhere you can't watch video but can listen to audio, most casters understandably don't always state the obvious because the viewers can see that. I think there should be more casters that so state the obvious, so games are listenable in an audio format. Ayesee (say what you will) does a particularly good job of this, while it may not be the best for when the viewer can actually watch the match.

Sportscasters have done radio casts for years, it could and should work for Dota. I remember during TI3 I had to drive home a long way during the Na'Vi vs TongFu series, so I pulled up Twitch on my phone, plugged it into the audio of my car, and listened to the matches the whole way home and Ayesee was casting, which gave me a great feel for what was happening.

Hylian7

Bomboe played him with mixed success. He did well early, but some bad team decisions mid game led to a 23 gg. Mineski stomped them pretty badly.
Damn, I still stand by the fact that that hero is viable in the right hands.

That hook PURE DAMAGE and pull ain't nothing to sneeze at. Plus a getting a Blink and a disable that goes through BKB? Yes please!

Damn, I still stand by the fact that that hero is viable in the right hands.

That hook PURE DAMAGE and pull ain't nothing to sneeze at. Plus a getting a Blink and a disable that goes through BKB? Yes please!

They did an aggressive trilane with Pudge + Shadow Demon and Disruptor. Unfortunately, whenever SD disrupted someone, the two illusions made it tough for Pudge to hook the target.

Also, Zephyr's drafting sucks frankly. In game 2 they just picked 5 random popular heroes without any synergy and are looking outmatched heavily.

Hylian7

Twitch is adding an audio only mode, if they haven't already. I remember reading about it
And that sounds great, I just hope game casters actually cast for it. I love when casters get extremely analytical as I am actually watching a game and I can clearly see that they Anti-Mage hasn't stopped farming for the last 10 minutes. By audio things like that won't be so obvious.

The sound effects for dota are so distinct that you could definitely get a good sense of the game from them alone. A radio cast would just require more positional information than they normally use.

Pratfall

And that sounds great, I just hope game casters actually cast for it. I love when casters get extremely analytical as I am actually watching a game and I can clearly see that they Anti-Mage hasn't stopped farming for the last 10 minutes. By audio things like that won't be so obvious.

That was the dream for http://dotaradio.com/ but it involved Zyori so it was doomed from the start.

i've lost 150 mmr trying to win with my heroes, I don't like this challenge-

They don't have to be ranked matches...

Hylian7

They did an aggressive trilane with Pudge + Shadow Demon and Disruptor. Unfortunately, whenever SD disrupted someone, the two illusions made it tough for Pudge to hook the target.

Also, Zephyr's drafting sucks frankly. In game 2 they just picked 5 random popular heroes without any synergy and are looking outmatched heavily.
Sheesh, I would definitely never draft a Shadow Demon as a Pudge setup. Pretty much anything like that that creates units close together is always a bad idea for a Pudge setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom