• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bounchfx

oshit, balance time. some nerfs are afoot!

I definitely think Jakiro deserves a model remake the most, next to Zeus. Supposedly Slardar is already slated for one, but his model isn't nearly as bad. Jakiro deserves much better.

Is it too circlejerky to say that I love where the game is balance wise? Each patch just has so many smart changes and things that when I read them make me excited.

Ketch

I can see the polygons on Axe's muscles, so I know who I'm picking

hmm yea... do you think they completely rework them to look different? or just fix them up to look the same but better? probably the second one.... it's hard trying to pick which hero has the shitties model, and I won't even know what to do for the voice packs.

manfestival

Axe muscles?

Youngblood24_medium.jpg

Dreavus

My only hope is that pudge pickers likely don't want his model to be redone, but who knows. I predict Wraith King winning and people hoping to get Skeleton King Back, or Wisp.

I wonder who will win group 4, Leshrac or Pugna, both really could use an update model.

I was a big fan of Skeleton king and not so much of the WK redesign, but since the Regalia of the Wraith Lord got reworked I'm fine with him. That set does wonders for him.

inkls

No, you're thinking Ancestral Spirit. It used to 1-shot the ranged creep which made ET a ridiculous mid.

Oh, thanks for the clarification

mad bro ?

At least you can't pick SF! They actually mentioned him in the description.

At least this means Treant won't be picked

Model rework brought to you by Shadow Fiend, lol!

yay, hope hes updated in time for the international, would be awesome.

Is it too circlejerky to say that I love where the game is balance wise? Each patch just has so many smart changes and things that when I read them make me excited.

Its not a circlejerk if its positive. Gotta say I agree, my mind was blown when I came over from Lol and saw people excited for balance patch as opposed to the collective groan I used to hear when lol released patch notes.

Sibylus

Banned
everyone listens to shitty music when they're a teenager

that's pretty exceptionally shitty, but still
Queen, Foreigner, Supertramp, Jefferson Airplane, Simon and Garfunkel, Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, Pink Floyd.

Not bad for a 90's kid.

Guilty pleasures: Shania Twain, a little Celine Dion >->

hmm yea... do you think they completely rework them to look different? or just fix them up to look the same but better? probably the second one.... it's hard trying to pick which hero has the shitties model, and I won't even know what to do for the voice packs.

Probably more like Clock/Tiny/Earthshaker and less like Skeleton King/Storm Spirit/Venomancer. A clean texture, some added details, but overall the design remains the same.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Lets see, for models I'll likely vote, Huskar, Clinkz, Tiny, Leshrac, Brood, Blood Seeker, Slardar, Drow, Dark Seer, Doom, Chen, PA, Ancient Apparition, Necrophos, Silencer, Undying. A lot of the group really don't have any models I want to be redone.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Well at least SF isn't in the model remake vote, but it's still pretty dumb that they opened it to all heroes otherwise. Should have been a few choices.

Its not a circlejerk if its positive. Gotta say I agree, my mind was blown when I came over from Lol and saw people excited for balance patch as opposed to the collective groan I used to hear when lol released patch notes.

LoL players don't look forward to balance patches?

Hupsel

Phoenix and wisp in the same group for voices :(
Plz bringa back Lunas agility icedude
Good Mirana nerf but was expecting something with her ulti too, maybe increased cooldown or mana cost.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well at least SF isn't in the model remake vote, but it's still pretty dumb that they opened it to all heroes otherwise. Should have been a few choices.

To be honest, its likely really good data for where to put future efforts. Even if a hero doesn't even win its group stage, I'm sure Valve will look into changing something if they get a high percent of the votes.

manfestival

LoL players don't look forward to balance patches?

I used to a long time ago. Then they nerfed garen and made the game antifun. I got out around season 2 ending. It was a nice run from beta to then. I think I got over 3k games under my belt. Dominion is still amazing from what I hear but changing the meta to 7 items over 6 is weird to me. Also nerfed Alistar and Skarner , which made their jungling and ganks weaker. It was terrible.

elyetis

To be honest, its likely really good data for where to put future efforts. Even if a hero doesn't even win its group stage, I'm sure Valve will look into changing something if they get a high percent of the votes.
They definitly seems to care about what is probably the more wanted heros when it comes to new hero release, so yeah we can definitly expect that from Valve.

Einbroch

Banned
League's seventh slot is a trinket. It's either a rechargable ward, an AoE ward clearer, or a long range temporary vision granter.

Watching Sheever play in Shane's 4.8k MMR is pretty painful. She, a mid-3k MMR player, has been feeding her lane every single game I watched this evening. She's completely out of her depth. I still enjoy her but it's a bit sad.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Id like to blame procarbine and pillow for getting mjolnir nerfed.

G.ZZZ

Told you Mael/Mjoll was gonna get nerfed. My sniper just got a 300g nerf on his core items. Not the biggest thing but still.

Treant lvl 1 leech seed is shit now. Invoker cold snap deal literally no damage until the lategame, as you need level 5 quas to be about the same as before, and it's better only on 6-7.

I think bat will always prioritize firefly over napalm if he jungle. He farm decisively slower there now.

Drow still shitty.

Mirana and Lycan slightly nerfed, mirana's nerf is especially nice since her arrow is now shitty if short-ranged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom