• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Shadow Fiend isn't available to vote on a remodel, i knew there were rumors about it but was it confirmed that he was getting a remodel before this ?

The model rework vote also says "Brought to you by Shadow Fiend."

Acinixys

gg go next

XHhX0zX.png

Am I super late to the party with this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-J9mfcExhg

Very

Wok

It cannot be posted enough. Best Dota MMR guide ever. Packed with so many cold hard truths. Required reading in MMR class.

His pieces of advice only work with Omniknight, preferably with Aghanim Scepter and Refresher. My "guide" consists in picking Void. it is a lot more reliable. Plus I am not playing another one hour long match with Omni.

elyetis

It cannot be posted enough. Best Dota MMR guide ever. Packed with so many cold hard truths. Required reading in MMR class.
I don't know how much truth there is to it when it comes to climb mmr since he is even lower than me, but the video is still completly hilarious.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
lol @ fear saying he decided to retire

This whole situation was handled so shittily.

So did EG force him to not play, and get him say it was his choice? I have seem claims that he tried to get on NAR but couldn't (Ether NAR didn't want him, or EG wouldn't let him, I forget which)

kvk1

Einbroch

Banned
So did EG force him to not play, and get him say it was his choice? I have seem claims that he tried to get on NAR but couldn't (Ether NAR didn't want him, or EG wouldn't let him, I forget which)

I have no insight into what Fear's choices were. All I know is that everyone, including Valve, knew this announcement was coming. They knew about it for months. Why it's taken so long and seemingly so late is anyone's guess. That's all up to the organization.

Oh, yeah, and Steve knew too. He did good keeping quiet.

aeolist

Banned
it's kinda shitty that valve is so hard on anyone else changing rosters but lets EG slide. if they knew this was happening before the invites they should have announced it then.

i mean i like EG and i think it's fine that they're allowed to add mason, just sucks that nobody else gets special treatment

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
it's kinda shitty that valve is so hard on anyone else changing rosters but lets EG slide. if they knew this was happening before the invites they should have announced it then.

i mean i like EG and i think it's fine that they're allowed to add mason, just sucks that nobody else gets special treatment

What other teams had people drop out due to injury?

FACE

Banned

I doubt Valve would be cool with them changing rosters if it were not for Fear's injury.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I doubt Valve would be cool with them changing rosters if it were not for Fear's injury.

To be honest, inviting EG with Fear would be odder IMO, since they have had most of their success while Mason was playing on the team. Fear played with the current roster for about 6 weeks (Counting when they were Sadboys), while Mason has been his stand in for now 10 weeks and counting.

traveler

Not Wario
It's funny (well, not really) how so many of these guys think flaming, using taboo terms, and acting like an all around asshole is somehow speaking truth to power, and that the corporations kind enough to sponsor them asking them to stop are these evil big brother figures trying to censor them. We get it- you're an edgy hotshot who won't be held down by the Man and totally not some immature, possibly racist and/or sexist, jerk incapable of showing even the slightest social grace. And trolling everyone and everything is still an amazing and refreshing brand of humor, yes.

Edit: I probably am being a bit too critical. Most of these guys are still really young anyways. While that wasn't my style, I certainly had (and still do, for many, if I'm totally honest) my own youthful shortcomings. Mason does stand in pretty sharp contrast to Fear, though, who's always come off as a pretty respectable guy. Hope he sticks with the casting stuff. The commentary I have heard from him was pretty top notch.

definitely, loved his casting.

Oh god yes. I hated Ayesee but him and Fear actually worked very well together. It seems the only people Ayesee concedes time to are legitimate professionals. If he could work through his noticeable lisp he would be the best out there, even disregarding that he's top 5 easily.

Quesa

haha...oh lord.

whatever, as long as he plays well I can't say anything.

nah screw that. He can play 1000 perfect games of dota and I'd still call him an immature jackass. Being good shouldn't make you immune to criticism in other things, like acting like a human being.

inkls

Oh god yes. I hated Ayesee but him and Fear actually worked very well together. It seems the only people Ayesee concedes time to are legitimate professionals. If he could work through his noticeable lisp he would be the best out there, even disregarding that he's top 5 easily.

I mostly agree, I don't really dislike any caster tbh.

why do i have to wait 23 hours to get my 25 points? i was so close to leveling up!

For the voice change, I voted heroes whom I can't recall the lines.
Luna should retain her voice.

I really don't think it's special treatment, I mean it would make no sense if Valve kicks teams because their players are injured so that means they have to let them make a sub

Yeah Fear was a really great caster at the qualifiers, him and Ayesee were great. He's pretty good with LD too

Hupsel

It's funny (well, not really) how so many of these guys think flaming, using taboo terms, and acting like an all around asshole is somehow speaking truth to power, and that the corporations kind enough to sponsor them asking them to stop are these evil big brother figures trying to censor them. We get it- you're an edgy hotshot who won't be held down by the Man and totally not some immature, possibly racist and/or sexist, jerk incapable of showing even the slightest social grace. And trolling everyone and everything is still an amazing and refreshing brand of humor, yes.

Edit: I probably am being a bit too critical. Most of these guys are still really young anyways. While that wasn't my style, I certainly had (and still do, for many, if I'm totally honest) my own youthful shortcomings. Mason does stand in pretty sharp contrast to Fear, though, who's always come off as a pretty respectable guy. Hope he sticks with the casting stuff. The commentary I have heard from him was pretty top notch.

I agree. They give a bad image to esports and videogame players in general. Its tough to show some player interviews to friends or someone you know since a lot of them cuss all the time, even in front of a camera/girl (Like that Navi guy talking to Sheever). And I dont remember seeing this in any other pro scene/sport, with young players or not. Some soccer players, surfists, ufc fighters are also very young and you dont see the majority of them acting like 10yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom