• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, the buffs to:

Drow
Sky
Slar
Lina
Lesh

all make me very happy. Lina's stun is no longer shit. almost 2 seconds at max. Don't really give a shit about any of the other buffs/nerfs other than the Mirana arrow nerf, which is quite welcome.

I really like that they made Focus Fire less mana intensive, cause it was hard get off all spells in a fight before. Putting the cost nerf on the mjolnir not the maelstrom means you can still grab that and do stuff with her or ember, so that's cool. Skywrath ancient seal is crazy. I dunno if the mirana change will have any large effect, but it does remove her being able to point blank arrow you and turn stuff around, which was annoying at times.

Mirana
* Sacred Arrow minimum stun duration decreased from 0.5 to 0.01 (maximum duration is still 5 seconds growing linearly)
* Sacred Arrow minimum damage reduced by 40 (maximum damage is still 190/280/370/460 growing linearly)

no

just no

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RZXAhSAn_original.gif

First Single Hero Challenge is Meepo.

That's what I get for complaining..

Actually he's not that bad as long as I don't try to get all fancy with him

Jex

Mirana
* Sacred Arrow minimum stun duration decreased from 0.5 to 0.01 (maximum duration is still 5 seconds growing linearly)
* Sacred Arrow minimum damage reduced by 40 (maximum damage is still 190/280/370/460 growing linearly)

Thank you icefrog, thank you so much.

nilbog21

Banned
that nerf to batrider pretty much renders him useless imo..

also glad to see the mirana arrow nerf ..

Is that a nerf to Cold Snap as well? o_O

mirana arrow nerf, not a real big deal. She was super ineffective unclose and this change to her stun duration and damage basically reinforces the fact you should be going for 360 no scope arrow shots to be the most effective on that hero.

Pratfall

I though he was referring to lasso?

I was, and you're right, it's probably neck and neck with doom as a spell, but the pickoff ability of lasso is a nice bonus. Tho Kirby makes a good point that pretty much all of batriders spells are awesome (unlike doom).

Edit: I love batrider and seeing him nerfed is a bummer but he is right back to being first ban/pick so I am always in favor of nerfs to rotate new heroes into the meta.

With the range increase to QOP's dagger, you guys think people will start taking more points in it early on (2 points maybe) for better lane harass at the expense of scream of pain?

ViviOggi

With the range increase to QOP's dagger, you guys think people will start taking more points in it early on (2 points maybe) for better lane harass at the expense of scream of pain?

Back when she saw play 2 points in dagger was already a common build in certain matchups, I don't see why not. I wonder if this is enough to make her viable again.

inkls

I was, and you're right, it's probably neck and neck with doom as a spell, but the pickoff ability of lasso is a nice bonus. Tho Kirby makes a good point that pretty much all of batriders spells are awesome (unlike doom).

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over all the gold I'm getting from devour.

You going to TI4 brah?

whats the link between einbroch and mason?

Ketch

Nerf on early levels, buff on later levels.

Is that true? It changed from 60 damage on the first snap to 7x quas level... so that would mean you need 9 levels of quas before it does more damage then before... and they max out at 7 right?

Razzer

I'd say lasso is better than doom as you can still run away during doom, so it requires your team to stun them still and back you up. Lasso reliably steals one hero allowing you to insta burst them. It's so strong that teams pick 1 or 2 hard counters to it 100% of the time in competitive. You don't that impact from doom.

Chris R

Mirana

no

just no

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RZXAhSAn_original.gif

rtz is icefraud confirmed

I think I found my new favorite Hero/Item combination.. Slark with Blink is so fun. Had an awful laning phase (1v1 vs Lich) and I'm an awful laner in general but I got some space to farm my Treads + OoV + Blink and from then on you can just Blink + Pounce and get a kill. Shadow Blade kinda also works, but you need to get so much closer to the enemy and Dust counters it pretty hard.

FACE

Banned
Is that true? It changed from 60 damage on the first snap to 7x quas level... so that would mean you need 9 levels of quas before it does more damage then before... and they max out at 7 right?

It does 490 dmg(initial damage + 9 instances of 49 dmg) with lvl 7 quas now where it used to do 330(60 initial + 9 instances of 30 dmg).

DanSaxon

Shadow Fiend isn't available to vote on a remodel, i knew there were rumors about it but was it confirmed that he was getting a remodel before this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom