• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
nah screw that. He can play 1000 perfect games of dota and I'd still call him an immature jackass. Being good shouldn't make you immune to criticism in other things, like acting like a human being.

Tell me what you have a problem with.

I'm obviously very biased, but I've read just as bad or worse things in the Dota 2 GAF channel between friends.

Quesa

I'm obviously very biased, but I've read just as bad or worse things in the Dota 2 GAF channel between friends.

Haven't seen anything other than the apes comment and would say that even if it's a joke between friends he needs to be aware of what the words he's saying could actually mean and that he can't make "jokes between friends" in front of thousands of people, but I was more arguing with his notion of "oh he plays well, so I won't say anything." If he (or anyone) fucks up, his presence on a pro team shouldn't prevent him from being scrutinized -- if anything it should increase the scrutiny.

Einbroch

Banned
Haven't seen anything other than the apes comment and would say that even if it's a joke between friends he needs to be aware of what the words he's saying could actually mean and that he can't make "jokes between friends" in front of thousands of people, but I was more arguing with his notion of "oh he plays well, so I won't say anything." If he (or anyone) fucks up, his presence on a pro team shouldn't prevent him from being scrutinized -- if anything it should increase the scrutiny.

I completely agree with the last part, but the first part? Nah. He has no responsibility to anyone but himself and his team. If his team doesn't want him to say those things, he'll stop because it's not worth it to him. Or maybe it is and he'll quit (no, he won't). He's even said as much in his interview that he needs to watch what he says now that people are paying attention. That ape thing was ridiculous. He's called me a baboon/ape/chimp dozens of times.

But I won't say any more. I'm too close to the situation to give a fair view.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Some guy on reddit that went to a Boston VR game jam thingy that Valve was at.

Talking with the Valve guys about that Portal office experience, they mentioned offhandedly that they have a Dota 2 VR experience where you see the entire game arena sitting on a table in front of you and can bend down to inspect any piece of the action. I really, really want to see that. They also mentioned a life-size Dota 2 VR experience where you're hanging out in a lane watching the heroes fight; they said it was very scary.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like Bearzky got updated to ditch the hockey stick:
jQmUlNd.gif

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=266681058

Shinypogs

Holy fuck Shadow Fiend is hard ( so many easy miss clicks :( ) but so awesome and then you have items and it's like " lol buildings, wasn't it nice when you had them."

Pratfall

This new ancient seal looks pretty nasty. Who would be the best lane partner for a support skywrath? I see a concussive shot into ancient seal into nuke from lane partner just destroying people. 30% amp plus 3 sec silence at level 1 seems insane.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
This new ancient seal looks pretty nasty. Who would be the best lane partner for a support skywrath? I see a concussive shot into ancient seal into nuke from lane partner just destroying people. 30% amp plus 3 sec silence at level 1 seems insane.

lina x swm bff

Ketch

Undying + Skywraith dual off lane.

Hupsel

Im brazilian but I love hockey. Hate baseball though, so stupid and slow... even chinese Naga Siren Doto is more entertaining.

Quesa

Shit 30 percent at level one is crazy. At level 2 a E/Q combo makes a bolt do 115 dmg without any items, which is kinda crazy.

spk

You didn't ask me, but I think this is a dumb mentality

How do you feel about being a sponsored player?

Mason
Feels good. Obviously, there are some things that I don’t like/am not going to like – watching my language and being more politically correct, for example – but all of that stuff is a small price to play to compete in the upcoming LANs and The International, all of which I’m pretty excited for.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Partially my fault. I skilled Mystic Snake and now know why nobody skills it, it's garbage and a waste of mana. Still think she's a boring hero and really bad early game. I can see how it gets fun after you get Linkens, Manta, Skadi but before that it's no party.

If you tread switch while using it you don't waste mana at all.

Zeth

InkDota Meepo is pretty amazing from what I've seen over a few streams. 10 min aghs, out-CS/kill enemy team.

Also incredibly good looking.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like the continuity here:

Arteezy said:
I spammed IXDL games on the same hero and just hoped to play one of the practiced matchups versus a pro player in hopes of showing my talents off because there were a lot of observers in each IXDL game back in the day. Eventually, I was defeated by pro players in matches like Korok and Dendi which made me even more hungry to get better and crush them later on because I knew I could do it if I tried.
Mason said:
I played against Arteezy mid. To say I got humiliated is an understatement. I got straight up wrecked. Solo killed, zoned, tripled my CS, and dived me multiple times pre-ten minutes." At this point I realized if I wanted to be good at DotA, I was going to have to put in some actual effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom