• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is that you only get one pause per person, but anyone can unpause as many times as they like? Just lost a game because our tinker had to get the door for like 3 minutes and one person on the other team just unpaused on us instantly over and over because they were mad about us taking the early and mid game.

Sibylus

Banned
Why is that you only get one pause per person, but anyone can unpause as many times as they like? Just lost a game because our tinker had to get the door for like 3 minutes and one person on the other team just unpaused on us instantly over and over because they were mad about us taking the early and mid game.
Because unlimited pauses would make trolling intolerable? Inertia has to be toward a game being finished.

iamblades

From reddit:

j46rnIU.jpg

Brings a tear to my eye..

Hylian7

http://dotabuff.com/matches/698986394

3742 MMR, and suddenly I'm with an AM that dies to a sniper that barely has anything BY HIMSELF. Why.

It was one of those games where the game was already lost before I could even do anything to change it. AM claims in broken english "(sic) Our picks were bad because we have three supports." Someone complaining that we have too much support?! Whaaaaaaat?! Meanwhile feedy McFuckMagic here goes and does absolutely nothing of any use.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Took Haz's suggestion and got a USB extension cable to attach my unifying receiver to and bring it closer to my playing area when I'm gaming. All fixed as far as drop outs, so I can poopsock in peace!

I haven't tried ranked matches since I did my evaluation games some months ago. I'm only 2700 MMR based on that, but should be effectively higher now since my mechanics and decision-making have gotten way better since then. I also see on Dotamax that in unranked games I'm starting to be put into High tier lately, so yeah, should be able to bring up my number a bunch. I just don't like how tryhard high tension ranked mode can get sometimes between teammates even when everyone's horrible.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Took Haz's suggestion and got a USB extension cable to attach my unifying receiver to and bring it closer to my playing area when I'm gaming. All fixed as far as drop outs, so I can poopsock in peace!

I haven't tried ranked matches since I did my evaluation games some months ago. I'm only 2700 MMR based on that, but should be effectively higher now since my mechanics and decision-making have gotten way better since then. I also see on Dotamax that in unranked games I'm starting to be put into High tier lately, so yeah, should be able to bring up my number a bunch. I just don't like how tryhard high tension ranked mode can get sometimes between teammates even when everyone's horrible.
EZ. Don't trust front USB ports man.

A lot of dotagaf that I know of is ~3500-3700 and tack on 10% variance and close enough. Ranked is much more... what you'd expect, last I played was when ES was OP so I can't really talk too much, but keeping morale up in games, saying the obvious thing to be a catalyst to have the team actually do something (They have more cores and 2 junglers we should ward jungle and 5 man after 'x'), checking on team TPs/enemy TPs is something I try to keep up on (e.g. Lion / Void TP'd top for me, bottom is safe to farm) even if I'm not having a great game.

I carried some of TF2GAF and they called me buddah for not getting upset :lol
We should play after school ends for me!

dmshaposv

idk how ppl play tinker, hes so unfun.

I don't play him, but everyone who does the march + splitpush + ancient farming thing seems to be bored out of their wits.

On the other hand, max laser/missles and dagon/Eblade tinkers are teleporting into enemy creeps and getting double - triple kills every 5 minutes. I think ganking tinker seems million times more fun.

I can't remember if there were coaches inside the team's booth in the TI LAN tournament.
If so, are they allowed to coach their team (telling strats to try, helping with drafts, pointing out enemy hero items, observing map wards)? Team's without the 6th man will be at a disadvantage if that's the case.

Ultrabum

The toxic culture surrounding dota is a major drawback to playing the game. My advice is to mute people early and often.

Also, un ranked matches really arnt all that different from ranked, and I have found modes like all random to have nicer people.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
This is with the fronts, actually. Just getting some serious wireless interference from somewhere that's only mitigated by having the receiver really close.
Must be something crazy since you did all that trouble shooting.
Computers man
The toxic culture surrounding dota is a major drawback to playing the game. My advice is to mute people early and often.

Also, un ranked matches really arnt all that different from ranked, and I have found modes like all random to have nicer people.
Unranked AP feels similar since people pick to win in most cases.
I've still only muted 1 person in >400 games. IDK where all this toxic business is, but since I'm in every game I guess I curb it. People who complain about how shitty it is imo talk back and give excuses for the others to talk more.

BHK3

Banned
http://dotabuff.com/matches/698986394

3742 MMR, and suddenly I'm with an AM that dies to a sniper that barely has anything BY HIMSELF. Why.

It was one of those games where the game was already lost before I could even do anything to change it. AM claims in broken english "(sic) Our picks were bad because we have three supports." Someone complaining that we have too much support?! Whaaaaaaat?! Meanwhile feedy McFuckMagic here goes and does absolutely nothing of any use.
snipins a good job m8
http://dotabuff.com/matches/695061704

Chris R

Amazing experience curve:
atXcr9O.jpg

It was a really close game. We tried to throw it time after time, but then again so did they. I bought a ton of wards so their Rosh attempts were always scouted followed by my ult. Lucky for us Jugg wasn't terrrrrrible and Storm knew what he was doing most of the time.

Nymerio

I've had problems with my wireless mouse before, turned out it was because I changed the channel of our wlan and that interfered with the logitech receiver thingy.

Lotto

Can you downscale on AMD cards yet? I've been wanting to do it for Dota 2.

Been wanting to do this as well but keep running into problems, even with that guide thread. My monitor is fickle. I just want my Dota to look as pretty as possible ;_; I already use a SweetFX injection that ups everything a bit, looks great! But with downsampling it could look even better *_*

For those interested: http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/276/ the Candle v.1 is the one I use since it's not as harsh, you can always tweak it yourself though.

G.ZZZ

Mek on troll is pretty legit. See:FATA

Tbh i don't like it, you really need all the mana you can take on troll. You skip melee form lvl 2-4 for it (and take stata for mana) which i don't advice. On the other hand, vlads is amazing on him cause it allows you to both splitpush and teamfight and rosh early on. Phase, bottle, drums, vlads into bkb ezito gaming, midgame fighting monster that transition into lategame steroid for your carry. Skip lvl 2-4 of battle trance for stats , such a bad skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom