• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kard8p3

since Procarbine won't be with us at TI4... I hope you guys enjoy this picture of him in his memory.

68r8gjF.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
While we're spamming dotabuff results....

http://dotabuff.com/matches/699236654

That happened.
From personal experience I would advise against playing All Pick at 1am. Back to the Normal trench!

Checked my DB, this is what happens when you are out of practice I guess. Fuck you Compendium. Probably just need to stay in my hero comfort zone.
Even the PL game we were down 6 rax and I told my team to throne after we won a teamfight and TB tried to throne us at the same time ffs.
d5DW9gk.png

dmshaposv

I feel Lancer needs a buff, if anything.

He almost feels like the most unreliable and weakest illusion hero, compared to naga and Terrorblade who can create illusions at their whim and chomp down towers faster than PL and his army.

Is two stout shields recommended for axe in a jungle?
Should I get the easy camp first or not?
2 stout is old build. I go stout tango 2 salve. Nah go medium camps first. Easy camp is like last resort. You shouldn't take the pull from your supports if you don't need to.

I feel Lancer needs a buff, if anything.

He almost feels like the most unreliable and weakest illusion hero, compared to naga and Terrorblade who can create illusions at their whim and chomp down towers faster than PL and his army.

Nah he's fine the way he is now. Not the cancer we once knew but can still wreck and almost impossible to stop late in the game with the approriate farm.

Cassius

I feel like Troll needs some buffs to his passive stuff.

The scaling on Berserker's Rage could use some love - you never really have an incentive to level it beyond 1 early on.

And the ranged version of Whirling Axes is just kind of meh as far as damage is concerned.

I concur, this or HoD. I wish people didn't follow those shitty builds that say to get BF on her, it basically makes her not viable until like 16-18 minutes into the game.
Even then she's not really viable, she just farms faster and you need to wait until she gets BKB + one more item up. Oh wait game is already lost.

Kade

Come now, in a true rat game one does not have more kills than the enemy team.

They kept interrupting our farm. We HAD to do something. Centaur and Sniper weren't a part of our stack though.

RTZ/EG Naga set is on the workshop now:
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=267121097

I guess RTZ must of had his facts messed up before, since there is no way the set could get added to the game before being put on the Workshop,

He got jipped, Miracle Naga is significantly better looking

How can she see with that helmet?????

I have no idea why you chose the most painful game in the world to cast, but I commend you for it.

why do you hate yourself

do you need help

Edit: btw milk got a quelling later on because he wanted to creep faster, not because he sucks at last hitting

Well, every caster needs his focus, his shtick. I decided that the most painful games would be what I would concentrate on. The games i usual cast are from the "normal" skill bracket. It's really hard to find games that don't end after 6 minutes down there, but that's what it takes - searching searching searching

And well, if you thought this one was bad you should watch the one where Kotl goes to lane with 11 clarities. Or the one where Juggernaut buys 4 stout shields.

My favourite is still the Earth Spirit that asked the other team to feed so that he could finish his compendium challenge.

And sorry to milk for the quelling blade thing - you miss quite a bit when the action is going on.

iamblades

You would have to have a crazy good early game, and if you did Butterfly would probably be the better item.

butterfly would be the better item if you were just talking about value per slot, but battle fury would help the second item come much faster. Bfly as a first core item butterfly puts you fairly all in on your evasion, and you better basically end the game before the MKBs come out.

that said, I think Midas is a better farm item than either battlefury or mjolnir for PA in an ideal situation.

battlefury is a bit of an awkward build up for most heroes, and PA doesn't really need the attack speed all that much(it's nice of course, but it isn't as important as on other carries).

A casual maelstrom is certainly an option as well.

The one thing battlefury has going for it, and why it is still good even in sub-optimal situations is the regen. You really need some form of regen early so you can jungle while the lane is pushed out too far to be safe, and early lifesteal on carries seems to delay your early game impact even more than building a battlefury.

Battlefury is actually a really cost efficient item for what it gives you, even if you ignore the cleave. The issue with battlefury is given that PA is going to want to go BKB right after it, it leaves you feeling a little thin on damage in the mid game.

Battlefury is actually the least terrible option of the butterfly/mjolnir/SNY/manta or any other possible first big item that you could build for her. It gives more damage than all of them, you need the regen(the hp part anyway), and the cleave is nice to have.

Really though the way to build her is boots(either treads or phase, it's preference), drum, vlads, yasha In whatever order seems logical or needed. Get a midas if you got free farm and go from there, cut something out if it looks like the enemy team is going to be teamfighting early so you can get your bkb in time. That 7000 or so gold is all you need to wreck people's faces in the midgame, but if you spent that same amount of gold on any of the bigger items, you would only get one of them and maybe one component of the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom