• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

Global goes through bkb, it's just too easily dispelled.

I can't find anything stating this. Doubt it goes through bkb if its dispelled by it. I agree its a pretty crappy silence when bloodseeker has a better silence than the guy called silencer lol.

We have enough things that go through BKB as is. I would not want more abilities to go through it.

That's why I suggested it being an aghs upgrade, or at least being a mute so silencer could make use of his rightclick damage countered by rightclicks

Calidor

It would be nice if Slardar looked a bit more like the WC3 Myrmidon than he currently does. Maybe that'll happen when/if he wins the model rework.

x8349ge.jpg

Just imagine that but much higher res.

If they remake him I also want his old color pallet :(

Hylian7

I'm confused,

"some sort of conspiracy involving old Lionel Mandrake and milk"

If this is the case, then Little Milk is most definitely the mastermind behind it all.
Well Milk DID bring the Diablo tinfoil hat post and Peruvian rants to light in that thread.

We shall erect a memorial for Thacker in Peru next to a LAN cafe.

Hylian7

Or go through bkb? Maybe going through bkb could also be an aghs upgrade instead or even make the aghs make the ult a mute like disruptor.

I can't find anything stating this. Doubt it goes through bkb if its dispelled by it. I agree its a pretty crappy silence when bloodseeker has a better silence than the guy called silencer lol.

That's why I suggested it being an aghs upgrade, or at least being a mute so silencer could make use of his rightclick damage countered by rightclicks
The Global Silence is applied once and only one during duration, and it goes through BKB. Notice how if you were to use Phase Shift/Astral Imprisonment/Euls/Disruption before the cast of Global Silence hits, you come out of the respective spell and aren't silenced.

If they really want to buff it just make the Silence applied constantly through the duration. This is also why Manta breaks it too.

On a random note, there was a Brewmaster on my team yesterday that didn't understand his ult completely. He would tornado someone and we killed everyone else, then our whole team stood around awkwardly as I was telling him "Use Dispel!" but he didn't understand me. PSA people: Dispel Magic on the wind panda brings people down from the tornado.

It goes through bkb. That's why you always pop your bkb after he's used the global.

inkls

The Global Silence is applied once and only one during duration, and it goes through BKB. Notice how if you were to use Phase Shift/Astral Imprisonment/Euls/Disruption before the cast of Global Silence hits, you come out of the respective spell and aren't silenced.

If they really want to buff it just make the Silence applied constantly through the duration. This is also why Manta breaks it too.

On a random note, there was a Brewmaster on my team yesterday that didn't understand his ult completely. He would tornado someone and we killed everyone else, then our whole team stood around awkwardly as I was telling him "Use Dispel!" but he didn't understand me. PSA people: Dispel Magic on the wind panda brings people down from the tornado.

It goes through bkb. That's why you always pop your bkb after he's used the global.

I see, so just making it undispellable seems like a decent buff. Especially with its cooldown.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeap. There is a full set of instructions sitting on the front page of Reddit whilst it is the middle of the night in Seattle.

Thanks Reddit!

And still not a single person has actually put it on the dev boards.

"Oh, but here are two topics that got 0 upvotes on Reddit and were burred, Valve should have totally noticed and fixed it!!"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
edit: also, after reading the thacker thread. Are Milkman's days of having a girlfriend numbered due to his consumption of milk?

Plot twist, milk is a lesbian!

Anteo

Are you guys insane? Making it undispellable would be overpowered to the max, it already breaks a lot of teamfights and even right click carries have a hard time finishing enemies due to the lack of lockdown or slow down by anyone on the team. Make it so it's applied twice, once at the start, once when half the duration is past so timing your bkb is much more important and silencer still gets at least 2/2.5/3 seconds of silence even with bkb on the enemy

it aint a bts stream unless its 20 mins late

Are you guys insane? Making it undispellable would be overpowered to the max, it already breaks a lot of teamfights and even right click carries have a hard time finishing enemies due to the lack of lockdown or slow down by anyone on the team. Make it so it's applied twice, once at the start, once when half the duration is past so timing your bkb is much more important and silencer still gets at least 2/2.5/3 seconds of silence even with bkb on the enemy
im not here to balance things

just to make them awesome

Falk

that puzzling face
Invisibility from different sources now stacks. To reveal a double invis hero you need double detection in the form of sentry + dust. For triple invis heroes you need dust + gem + sentry. Kappa.

Two gems for STEREOSCOPIC TRUESIGHT

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So excited for the summit tournament! Specially the behind the scenes stuff, i bet it's gonna be fun.

Queue with a friend.

Also remember that flaming your teammates won't change a thing, in fact they will perform worse than before. Try complimenting them everytime they do a good job and you will see better results. When I see 2 players fighting in my team, I try to calm them down and type "lets just do our best". More often than not, it works.

Also when I observed that a teammate is doing his job well, I express to the team that I'm commending him. I like to think it empowers the player and motivates him/her to continue doing well.

Yeah i do not have that many friends who dota. I should take your advice and don't pick people apart for their mistakes and just focus on the positive but its hard when people pick bad items or dunno how to play. Guess i should focus on constructive critique when possible. Thanks.

Razzer

So excited for the summit tournament! Specially the behind the scenes stuff, i bet it's gonna be fun.

Yeah i do not have that many friends who dota. I should take your advice and don't pick people apart for their mistakes and just focus on the positive but its hard when people pick bad items or dunno how to play. Guess i should focus on constructive critique when possible. Thanks.

If you want to you can start playing with gaf stacks. You still get some flame but generally people are nice.

Edit: Do I watch the summit or SingSing?

Acinixys

I think making it like Disruptors ult would be best.

Disables spells + items with aghs

That would be legit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom