• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

So excited for the summit tournament! Specially the behind the scenes stuff, i bet it's gonna be fun.

Yeah i do not have that many friends who dota. I should take your advice and don't pick people apart for their mistakes and just focus on the positive but its hard when people pick bad items or dunno how to play. Guess i should focus on constructive critique when possible. Thanks.
I admit I get pissed off at teammates over particularly stupid things. One such example yesterday was when I was playing Tinker and being chased, I managed to get a Blink into the trees off, Rearm, and start my TP, but I'm suddenly being recalled by KotL, and it stops my TP and brings me into the fight which gets me killed instantly.

However when people say it's gg early, I usually tell them "Just try anyway." Sometimes it works and we come back and win it.

The other day I was Tinker and wrecked a Bloodseeker mid. A little after 10 minutes in he started spamming couriers when he saw it wasn't going well for his whole team. This was one of those times where I reported the person the other team asked me to report.

Yeah I think making it unpurgeable with aghs would be pretty cool. It silencing items is crazy. He usually picks up aghs so it would just be a nice bonus.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Taking Nightmare off an ally doesn't break your Skeleton Walk as Clinkz. Cool.

Yeah, its one of those odd mechanics, several effects apply on the start of attack, but invis is not broken until you finish the attack. Another cool thing is you can deny items and not break invis.

Chris R

Ha! Game runs on my work machine at the lowest EVERYTHING possible. In game potato Summit stream get!

edit: Bah, forgot about the behind the scenes stuff... is there a single twitch channel I should be looking for or more than one?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Team Liquid Put a Mask of Madness for Juggernaught on the Workshop:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=267469922&searchtext=

637x358.resizedimage

I think it looks dumb.

This is going to sound crazy but can I get some pudge tips? I hadn't played him for like 2 years and got him in the daily so I played him last night and I was terrible, like 1-8-6 and one of the main reasons mid viper got fed and we lost(I didn't feed to viper but I couldn't stop his farming and I failed to gank at all)

At the end of the game I manned up and took responsibility to my team for my terrible play, and someone on their team said to not leave mid till level 8?

Also, if I want to land the ult right after the hook, what's the best way to do that, shift click Hook, and then click the Ult on the unit im trying to hook?

Chris R

Also, if I want to land the ult right after the hook, what's the best way to do that, shift click Hook, and then click the Ult on the unit im trying to hook?

That's the part of pudge I've never gotten, but don't really care to get. I only play him when I random since people will not shut up if you miss a single hook.

Hylian7

This is going to sound crazy but can I get some pudge tips? I hadn't played him for like 2 years and got him in the daily so I played him last night and I was terrible, like 1-8-6 and one of the main reasons mid viper got fed and we lost(I didn't feed to viper but I couldn't stop his farming and I failed to gank at all)

At the end of the game I manned up and took responsibility to my team for my terrible play, and someone on their team said to not leave mid till level 8?

Get a TP early and be ready to rotate if you need to. Otherwise stay in lane and farm, while getting runes til 6. If you see a chance you sneak a hook on the enemy mid, do it. That is generally all about the mind games. If you can get in a Rot exchange with them, do not right click them immediately so you don't aggro creeps. They will panic and have to back away from the creeps. That's when you take your hook and then right click until dead.

For Dismember, you can shift queue it or click it as they come to you. In no-vision hooks this is a bit wonkier as you have to click it when they get to you.

Don't forget about the small AoE on the tip of the hook. It's something that takes practice where you can get to eyeballing it, but once you do you can get hooks they wouldn't even expect you to try. For instance if they are behind but sightly to the side of a creep, you might be able to hook that if you have a decent angle. Those hooks usually work best on your lane opponent.

I need to make a video that goes deep into Pudge hooking. The only guides I see out there are general guides that just say "Predict where they will be."

Hylian7

Something else on the Pudge topic I forgot to mention.

TURN ON THE RANGE FINDER!

To do this, type "dota_disable_range_finder 0" in the console.

You can put that command in your autoexec.cfg so you don't have to enter it every time you start the game.

This shows you how far the hook goes from where you stand.

Ketch

Something else on the Pudge topic I forgot to mention.

TURN ON THE RANGE FINDER!

To do this, type "dota_disable_range_finder 0" in the console.

You can put that command in your autoexec.cfg so you don't have to enter it every time you start the game.

This shows you how far the hook goes from where you stand.

I thought they disabled the range finder thing.... I'd like to put up a range finder for the medium raise on SF.... isn't there a range where all 3 can hit?

JustinBB7

Anybody else having a red 1 on their inbox icon in game they can't get away?

My third daily hero is brood :( this will take a while I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom