• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHK3

Banned
I love how people base their entire argument on a poor item choice on "it's not bad on X hero". "Shadowblade isn't a bad item on SF" Alright so that means when they are running train on us it's ok to get it instead of BKB. "I use it to intiate with ult" too bad it took 25 minutes to get and they bought gem anyway.

Kreunt

Banned
Is there a new bug doing it? I was winning the shit out of a game tonight and then the server died. First time I've had that happen in quite a while.

Is there a new bug doing it? I was winning the shit out of a game tonight and then the server died. First time I've had that happen in quite a while.
Yeap. There is a full set of instructions sitting on the front page of Reddit whilst it is the middle of the night in Seattle.

Thanks Reddit!

Cassius

Not to beat a dead horse, but the whole purge coaching complaints about his skill level is dumb. Even ignoring the fact that he is coaching people who wouldn't understand 90% of the shit pro players tell them, skill has nothing to do with coaching ability or knowledge of how to play well. Just look at any sport. Sir Alex Ferguson didn't have an amazing playing career (it was okay), but he is one of the greatest football managers who has ever lived, coaching and instructing people who were much better players than him. Same goes for lots of football managers. If you think Purge's teaching ability of the basics is bad then flame away, but saying he shouldn't be coaching because of his skill as a player is just silly.

My 2 cents.

The same applies to many teachers as well. Some of the best teachers I ever had never went on to pursue higher level degrees or write thesis papers on a subject, but they were great at helping me sharpen a skill and offering a structure to build off of.

MadGear

Well, guess I'm gonna take a break from Dota for today until this is fixed. Hope the abusers get punished hard for this, not just low priority. The consequences for something like this need to be severe.

Zeknurn

Valve should really make an example out of people abusing bugs. Perma ban them all and it will discourage at least one person from doing it in the future.

edit: Sing stack vs LightofHeaven stack round 2 live.

hey it's better safe than sorry

not just talking about Dota 2 btw

Nah, they talk about how they don't like crunch time and don't like keeping people late as people have families and it's not worth putting work above your personal life.

Night shift to fix whiny internet problems doesn't quite fit there.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Fuck man i'm slowly turning into one of those dota assholes, when my team is losing i can't help but flame my team mates. Sure they kinda deserve it sometimes but i should refrain all together from that shit. Feels bad man :(

I rage at the enemy team. It seems more appropriate.

Acinixys

Nah, they talk about how they don't like crunch time and don't like keeping people late as people have families and it's not worth putting work above your personal life.

Plus fixing bugs isnt some kinda of joke job.

Its 100% shitty and frustrating and boring.

Zeknurn

They could easily put one intern in their tax avoiding office in Luxembourg and give him the option to disable heroes server side without pushing a client patch.

Zeth

In case anyone else was curious what the LAN setup would like like at The Summit house :

http://youtu.be/R2bZiNGJKDc

EnFGsId.png

Zeth

Hate to be that guy but I don't think it is wise to release a mobile app based on an IP that you don't own or have permission to use.

That seems pretty obvious to me - how you get this far along without seriously considering this is baffling. Unless your only goals are some drawings and gifs for reddit karma, idk.

Razzer

As long as its free I think it comes under fangames, but then it's up to the developer what to do. I mean that Void last hitting game was never taken down was it?

Razzer

They haven't mentioned pricing yet. Did the Void game make use of the ad APIs?

No it didn't. But if this one does then yeah they ain't gonna last. Fangames can benefit a game and its community, but only when they are completely free. It should be about passion.

Razzer

Sing listening to a remix of the spirited away soundtrack. Best Twitch music taste world.

Edit: And MGR music for hype mode. omg.

It would be nice if Slardar looked a bit more like the WC3 Myrmidon than he currently does. Maybe that'll happen when/if he wins the model rework.

x8349ge.jpg

Just imagine that but much higher res.

inkls

I still find it amusing silencer has some of the crapiest silences in the game. Global silence is way to short, and last word gives to much leeway. Ice frog should just add a solid 3 seconds to his ults duration, or also make it undispellable

Or go through bkb? Maybe going through bkb could also be an aghs upgrade instead or even make the aghs make the ult a mute like disruptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom