• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merlini's face always cracks me up for some reason
vSXhD7o.jpg

Chris R

Oh, main stream shows stuff when game isn't on... Bah, wish there was some integration in the game client to swap over to the twitch feed when a game isn't playing or something...

New stretch goal???

7000 games and he's only 1650.
that's probably equivalent to like 3k in dota2

Probably never had the ambition to get better than that. At a certain point just casually playing won't get you any higher than you are and you have to actively work on your game to get better, this point differs for everyone.

G.ZZZ

even lycan, clinkz and weaver?

Clinkz want phase for that delicious harass + u desperately need mobility during fights unless you get an early blink, but i'd rather phase boots.

I don't pick Lycan and Weaver , but i guess you want *treads on them yes. Like many other heroes, but in general i feel phase boots are almost always the better pick.

BraXzy

Is there any reason why I'm suddenly getting screen tearing when moving my camera around? I don't get why it's happening.

EDIT: I think it was screen capturing stuff still open in the background, closing it seemed to fix it.

Dares

I know it's BTS first LAN, but plastic tables and chairs? Couldn't they have rented some decent stuff for the 4 days?

It's probably too nitpicky but damn.

Ketch

Clinkz want phase for that delicious harass + u desperately need mobility during fights unless you get an early blink, but i'd rather phase boots.

I don't pick Lycan and Weaver , but i guess you want phase on them yes. Like many other heroes, but in general i feel phase boots are almost always the better pick.

I like treads on strength carries. Movespeed, hp, damage, and atk speed on one item... with the small added bonus of maybe tread switching once per game to get off an extra spell you couldn't have otherwise.

Looks like these sets will be in what ever chest Valve releases today/tomorrow:
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/27ehnq/new_sets_and_tresure_incoming_list_inside/

Some decent stuff
Can't wait for that death mode.

Also since when do people buy mkb on pl?

Best riki set I've seen thus far.

I think the mkb is just there for the sun wukong theme they've got going with the art and set, not actually supposed to be a reference to the ingame mkb.
yeah but we're getting the real sun wukong soon tm!

traveler

Not Wario
Best riki set I've seen thus far.

I think the mkb is just there for the sun wukong theme they've got going with the art and set, not actually supposed to be a reference to the ingame mkb.

I think it was a situational pickup against evasion heroes because true strike applies to your illusion too.
Yeah but to base an item on that? The cosmetics with specific item references are almost always with heroes that are known for the item or at least a common pickup. Just seems random or they just grabbed it because it kind of fit the Asian theme they were going for.

Quesa

Looks like these sets will be in what ever chest Valve releases today/tomorrow:
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/27ehnq/new_sets_and_tresure_incoming_list_inside/

Some decent stuff

Phew, don't have to spend any money -- out of those heroes I only play venge and blood, and I already have sets for those. Kinda been meaning to pick up PL though, since he's probably my favorite voice work.

picking brewmaster and tinker against a doom, it's like na'vi actually don't want to win.

Hey, he can't doom both! Navi's secret plan is to confuse the doom into indecision

inkls

Yeah but to base an item on that? The cosmetics with specific item references are almost always with heroes that are known for the item or at least a common pickup. Just seems random or they just grabbed it because it kind of fit the Asian theme they were going for.

Oh I agree, was just recalling if you ever had a reason to pick it up on him.

edit: jungle doom by dk????

bounchfx

more sets for heroes with lots of sets

no shadow shaman
no shadow demon

I don't understand... why does volvo hate me so T______T :(
LD and Venge are the only two that need sets really, the rest already have a lot.

Quesa

more sets for heroes with lots of sets

no shadow shaman
no shadow demon

I don't understand... why does volvo hate me so T______T :(
LD and Venge are the only two that need sets really, the rest already have a lot.

make a cool timber set with a gas mask

thank me later for the free money

I have to question adding a Blood Seeker and Mirana set over someone like Ember Spirit or Clockwerk who barely have any.

You'd think the time vs value spent would be better suited to popular heroes without items, versus heroes with loads of items already.

Ketch

Not over brown boots nope.

yea ok. What I was trying to say is that on a str hero treads are like an all around item. movespeed, atk speed, hp, and damage all in one slot (plus the tiny benefit from treadswitching) for like a cheap first item pick up is really good. treads + magic stick and you're ready to go.

Any other boot and I think you still need another item before you can fight.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have to question adding a Blood Seeker and Mirana set over someone like Ember Spirit or Clockwerk who barely have any.

You'd think the time vs value spent would be better suited to popular heroes without items, versus heroes with loads of items already.

Ember honestly doesn't have any good sets in the workshop.

shira

Some of those are really old sets. I think it's kind of a Valve acknowledging "hey thanks for waiting - $1, no key chest."

bounchfx

make a cool timber set with a gas mask

thank me later for the free money

hehe, Batrider has one! I want to do a timber eventually.

I honestly can't be too upset at all. The sets listed are all awesome. I especially like the PL one and Bloodseeker (though it really needs more contrast) Only thing i really 'dislike' is the bear of the LD set.. it's just flat grey.
It just confuses me why valve puts in more sets for heroes that have a ton instead of stuff like the awesome Batrider or Witch Doctor set (or Shadow demon...;) ). Hell, Bat and SD haven't had sets in a year. Really glad to see LD getting one! and who knows, snaggle might be the rare? he's in limbo, right? /optimism!

but Valve is just being Valve and they probably have plans hehe. I'll probably buy a bunch of these chests anyway, some great stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom