• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

I managed to do a blind steal of the aegis with Puck: no ward on our side, four of the Radiant team are pushing our tower mid for a minute, I felt the fifth player (Drow) might be at Rosh (but she could have been farming the jungle instead) so I just threw an illusory orb to have vision, saw Roshan die, teleported and snapped the aegis. So good.

If I manage to upload the 30 sec, you will see it is even better. When Puck first died to Drow with the Aegis, Puck gets credited for the kill of Drow Ranger thanks to Blademail. This means I both snag the aegis and got one kill. "It was worth it."

Here is an album: http://imgur.com/a/D0aup#0

i5uHnHR.jpg

EiLv4Zm.jpg

bKfroiA.jpg

D1xdaZl.jpg

kvk1

Well, jungle SK is a thing.

But in pubs you'll have that one guy who does nothing on the map but Sand Storm the neutrals for a 20 minute Blink Dagger.

By which point you're down to your T3s.

Randdalf

I actually wonder what isn't a good lane with bristle ( in my pub shitty tier a least ).

He punishes usual trench laning so well with a partner. With a stun (or in my case, a stun AND Wave of Terror), the safe position for the enemy team is so much more restrictive.

Randdalf

Sk jungle is legit. You should have blink by 8 or so. If you don't report and rage.

The way I play Sand King, which I learned from a friend, is to go boots and branch w/ clarities at level 1 (so you get 2 stuns) then try and snag first blood on the offlaner or mid hero, then stack the camp, go for another gank and you will then have level 2 Sandstorm allowing you to farm the blink.

Sibylus

Banned
The eye would be perfect with a frosty-glassy overlay of some sort, imo (almost like a milky outer layer obscures the inner layers a bit).

Unless you're getting cliff jungle Nature's Prophets also you haven't hit bottom yet.

that's every game, that's so common that its a given.

Jungle SK is shit when our carry >>Meepo<< is getting trilaned and we could use SK to set up kills. The dude basicly did nothing for ten minutes

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Venge model is busted in game. Unless it's just me. When you move she like steps back outside of her hit box. It's really awkward. Anybody else confirm this?

Unless you're getting cliff jungle Nature's Prophets also you haven't hit bottom yet.

Honest question, what is the reasoning behind cliffjungling? Wouldn't using nature's call treants be way more efficient since you're not stuck to a single creep camp, and can clear camps faster with the treant damage?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Honest question, what is the reasoning behind cliffjungling? Wouldn't using nature's call treants be way more efficient since you're not stuck to a single creep camp, and can clear camps faster with the treant damage?
People are bad at micro.
i have never seen a vagina that looked like that

Also why did valve take all my chests. I needed those for offering fodder.
The hat gods are tired of getting chests, so they smited them all.

Any one get any items from the offering?

NBtoaster

It's just lazy. You have to actually pay attention to your treants otherwise.

The only time level 1 teleport is good is if you use it to place a ward for a future courier snipe, in the enemy base or between the t2 and t3.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck beyond the summit is getting me into new music artist, first it was the black keys now it's Lykke Li. I wonder who makes the song's playlists LD perhaps?

Ultimatum

Banned

people give it a lot of shit, but it's great if your solo lane is too dangerous. it also has the advantage of always having mana to teleport for gank. it's not as efficient as normal jungle but it's really not that bad if you are forced into it. it's easy to slate because it's literally afk farming, but that just means you can focus more on what's happening in other lanes.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
http://dotabuff.com/matches/704597117

Honestly GAF tell me your opinion of this game.

My team (Bloodseeker, Bane, Shaman) flame me saying it's my fault. They criticize that I bought boots before rushing Radiance, say I had "ultra free farm" against Dark Seer and didn't farm well.

My argument: They sent me in with a trilane, sacrificing my levels. It's impossible to have "ultra free farm" against Dark Seer, I simply can't take his Ion Shell harass. Bane refused to kill the ion shell creeps, saying his denies were more important, and the reason I had "ultra free farm" is that he had so many denies. Meanwhile BS, Shaman, and Bane all died nonstop. But it's still my fault? They all just flamed me at the end and I got so fucking heated that I left.

Honest opinions guys really. I don't think this game was my fault.

Ketch

bts house putting artour in his place.

just because you're good at dota don't mean you get to be an ass.

#freethacker.

Internets

The wikipedia doesn't tell you what I'm looking for, and the youtube videos are outdated by up to 2+ years. But thanks for just pasting some links.

www.dotafire.com has some good guides on most heroes. Look at the dates on the guide and the hero's patch history (on the wiki) to determine how relevent the older ones are. Also you can read the comments on the guides for some extra input.

Thanks, I'll try looking through some

The wikipedia doesn't tell you what I'm looking for, and the youtube videos are outdated by up to 2+ years. But thanks for just pasting some links.

Thanks, I'll try looking through some

The wiki pages for most heroes give a tips and explain the standard item choices, it's pretty useful.

Also, if you want to see some gameplay of the hero in action, just search for "purge *hero name*" on youtube. He's no godtier player, but he's more than good enough to just pick up the basics. Some have useful commentary too.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Navi got morphowned the first game but they seem pretty good for game 2. Also i'm afraid of watching this horror film called shutter i got my hands on.

bts house putting artour in his place.

just because you're good at dota don't mean you get to be an ass.

#freethacker.

Off topic i kinda feel bad for thacker sure he was an ass but apparently had some deep psychological troubles, hopefully he wakes the fuck and seeks help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom