• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeth

Aren't the in-game guides just more convenient? It doesn't take amazing wisdom to know which ones are garbage and which ones you can use as a base to work with.

Internets

I said I was looking for item/skill build order. A 2+ year old video is outdated especially with all the changes to the jungle, experience, heroes, items, etc, and the wikipedia doesn't show item/skill build order. I already have the basics of the game, I'm just not up to date on playing current-day Doom.

But the dotafire link was fine and I'm looking through that, so thanks for that, friend.

Aren't the in-game guides just more convenient? It doesn't take amazing wisdom to know which ones are garbage and which ones you can use as a base to work with.

Forgot those existed

I can't count the amount of times I've skilled really badly because of a shitty guide. I recommend never taking the guide's recommendation on skill build and always deciding for yourself what fits best.

kvk1

I said I was looking for item/skill build order. A 2+ year old video is outdated especially with all the changes to the jungle, experience, heroes, items, etc, and the wikipedia doesn't show item/skill build order. I already have the basics of the game, I'm just not up to date on playing current-day Doom.

But the dotafire link was fine and I'm looking through that, so thanks for that, friend.

Cool.

If you're purely looking for the most current/popular skill build and item information, Dotabuff might be your best bet.

http://dotabuff.com/heroes/doom

Obviously it won't go into detail why those abilities/items are chosen like in the websites previously posted.

inkls

Doom, good hero:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/704627425

Also up to 182 kills on this gem.

aNoathB.png

Is there a way to see in how many games the gem was present?

EDIT:

Also don't play doom, he's an asshole.

Shhh, you'll summon inkls.

Sadly, he's one of my challenges

WHAT THE HELL, literally seconds before I post. Anyway, I like to play him alot, I can help you if you need any help with your challenge.

Acinixys

Nothing worse than some idiot calling mid with a compendium hero and then losing the game through their incompetence

Just had a Puck feed a QoP 10 kills in the 1st 10 minutes

Theres no coming back from that

Doom, good hero:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/704627425

Also up to 182 kills on this gem.

aNoathB.png

Is there a way to see in how many games the gem was present?

I'm sure he's good, but he's not very fun to play against. Doom (the skill) makes the supports/spellcasters I play instantly useless, so all I can do is try to walk away before I get taken down/succumb to the dot and hope my teammates can handle the 4v5 fight. It's very annoying.
Also he looks dumb.

Internets

Nothing worse than some idiot calling mid with a compendium hero and then losing the game through their incompetence

Just had a Puck feed a QoP 10 kills in the 1st 10 minutes

Theres no coming back from that

I've been finding Least Played a decent mode for challenges

inkls

I'm sure he's good, but he's not very fun to play against. Doom (the skill) makes the supports/spellcasters I play instantly useless, so all I can do is try to walk away before I get taken down/succumb to the dot and hope my teammates can handle the 4v5 fight.

Thats the reason I play him. He's an anti-pubstomper. You can't use shadowblade while doomed and while you could buy dust it wouldn't be the same. The point of his ult is to send a message. You savor the growing horror as the player who though he'd have an easy game suddendly realizes his shadowblade doesn't work.

You can almost feel the panic as those little bastards try to run away, doom slowly leeching their life away while they frantically spam any ability key they have only for silence to answer them.

But yeah, he's not fun to play against, but hes no farmed AM/PL level of anti-fun

Also he looks dumb.

No u

Thats the reason I play him. He's an anti-pubstomper. You can't use shadowblade while doomed and while you could buy dust it wouldn't be the same. The point of his ult is to send a message. You savor the growing horror as the player who though he'd have an easy game suddendly realizes his shadowblade doesn't work.

You can almost feel the panic as those little bastards try to run away, doom slowly leeching their life away while they frantically spam any ability key they have only for silence to answer them.

But yeah, he's not fun to play against, but hes no farmed AM/PL level of anti-fun

Fair enough, I can see why that would be satisfying. I'm glad you understand the frustration of those you doom, you monster :p

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Only thing worse than midas/radiance doom is my doom

Nowadays i never go midas too greedy for pubs, i do go radiance + alpha wolf aura when going Doom carry. I honestly don't know any other good doom carry build.
Also NAVI got morphowned again damn, poor navi.

inkls

Fair enough, I can see why that would be satisfying. I'm glad you understand the frustration of those you doom, you monster :p

Heck, if you wanna have fun against him learn how to counter him.

Read this page: http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Mute#Mute

It lists passives disabled by doom.

Play heroes that won't care if they're doomed because they're tanky and/or don't have many actives. Rubick is also good against him since you can steal doom.

He has 0.5 armor at the start of the game, take advantage of that. See Doom jungling? Go for the kill, he's extremely weak early game. Mana drain abilities also wreck him.

Clinkz, bounty and bloodseeker are the bane of a jungle doom.

DP is also great against him if he dooms you after you use your ult.

Wraith king's ult also still work under doom, so hes also great against him.

Risible

Get in a game, go Leshrac. Paired versus NP and Sven top. After I hit level two NP disappears into jungle. I go after him, catch him unawares and roflstomp him. He immediately disconnects and then abandons a whole 4 minutes in.

This community....just blows my mind sometimes.

BeesEight

so how did navi na do? were all their loss curbstomps or they put up good fights?

Many throws were had.

I actually saw just one game but they were doing well until they committed too hard to an early barracks attempt despite a buyback for defence and then played the next two engagements horrible which allowed their opponents to come back and secure the win.

Kard8p3

Decided to play some Doom since u nerds were talking him him, had the greediest and eziest game of my fucking life

http://dotabuff.com/matches/704683313

was mid vs gyro, and since he was too stupid to bottle crow and max his stun on me, I could easily farm. My other lanes were somehow winning easily, even though who was in each lane was stupid as hell. I said fuck it and went Midas (something I've never done before). Was pretty much 6 slotted before 30 minutes. Ended the game with like 10k on me lmao.

Renoir

Been doing it wrong.
Want to solo queue and have fun?
NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN

Want to solo Queue and win?
RAT DOTA

Drow
Lycan
PL

you will win, i dnt know if you will have fun doing it..

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
LOL i played offlane Doom just now and i was wrecking people with my team i went augs as first items because i could get away with it, 20 minutes laters we fucking lost because morph never farmed his shotgun combo. FML i blame inkls.

FACE

Banned
LOL i played offlane Doom just now and i was wrecking people with my team i went augs as first items because i could get away with it, 20 minutes laters we fucking lost because morph never farmed his shotgun combo. FML i blame inkls.

If you lost you obviously couldn't get away with aghs Doom.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
You went aghs on Doom and you're blaming Morphling?

What can i say i'm kinda of an asshole. But seriously now he only had linkens 37 min into the game making his dmg output kinda poor.

If you lost you obviously couldn't get away with aghs Doom.

Yeah i will never again go augs on Doom after blink, i fucked up bad. So many good items i could get with that money but no i had to go a troll build :(

Here's the game btw: http://dotabuff.com/matches/704713402

I still blame inkls.

How many times has 1.09 died because he doesn't have a BKB?
Ember
Mirana
Timber

They all needed bkb and refused to get it. If either team got it this game would have ended way earlier instead of becoming torture.
What can i say i'm kinda of an asshole. But seriously now he only had linkens 37 min into the game making his dmg output kinda poor.

Yeah i will never again go augs on Doom after blink, i fucked up bad. So many good items i could get with that money but no i had to go a troll build :(

Here's the game btw: http://dotabuff.com/matches/704713402

I still blame inkls.
Well you're right, his farm is really bad. You would have done way better if you'd have gone refresher instead and doomed both Weaver and Omni, but really any other item would've been better.

Low Tier
bkb's pointless if my tide and es would just cast their spells. But we had connection issues and stuff throughout the mid game.

Bkb on ember when you have that kind of teamfight is just stupid and a waste of a slot.

FACE

Banned
bkb's pointless if my tide and es would just cast their spells. But we had connection issues and stuff throughout the mid game.

Bkb on ember when you have that kind of teamfight is just stupid and a waste of a slot.

Well, your team wasn't pulling thorugh with the teamfight and you were constantly getting hexed. I don't think BKB would've been stupid on this game.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
My armory is empty. All my hats gone! BibleThump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom