• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Looks like the Primeval Prophet set is getting in, its treant has portrait info.

Yeah that's OHIO's. Has any player set been rejected aside from Navi's?

edit: lol they completely deleted that Ronin AM set from steam

antimageset.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah that's OHIO's. Has any player set been rejected aside from Navi's?

edit: lol they completely deleted that Ronin AM set from steam

antimageset.jpg

I don't think anything else has been flat out denied, but there is some stuff like that Dread's Sandking set that likely will never get in. Valve doesn't actually mark many items as rejected.

I still can't believe they let in that Bonds of Vincere Set, its so bad.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
rip Ronin

I'm pretty sure the Witch Hunter set is a modified version, their is a lot of small similarities:
637x358.resizedimage

Really don't get why they put a Foulfell logo on it, I could see Valve having a gripe with that.

Going buy the additional player Brandings, these sets are more or less confirmed in. Likely a bunch of Pro Player items will get released at once (I would love to see the reactions if they get put into a chest)

DD's Everlasting Heat set for Lina:
637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=215639720

ArsArt's Cicatrix Regalia set for Nyx:
637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=235588235

Solo's Dark Angel Set for QoP (Most Generic Set ever):
637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=259490224

YYF's Twin Blades Assassin set for Bounty Hunter:
637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=202746498

ZSMJ'S Heavenly General Set for Storm Spirit:
637x358.resizedimage

NS' static Lord Set for Disruptor;
637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=255639497

Went 20-5-13 in my first match as Phantom Assassin :D

Really lopsised game though, they had 3 players feeding and only one of them seemed sufficiently powerful in the end-stages

ID: 705064632

Can someone check the scorecard and tell me where they went wrong from a basic team set-up standpoint, before the match even began? Cheers :)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Anyone planning on going to the The Summit Pub Stomp?
https://www.facebook.com/events/289362307900299/

Downsides:
Drive
Bar seems terrible
Someone got stabbed there 2 months ago
Went 20-5-13 in my first match as Phantom Assassin :D

Really lopsised game though, they had 3 players feeding and only one of them seemed sufficiently powerful in the end-stages

ID: 705064632

Can someone check the scorecard and tell me where they went wrong from a basic team set-up standpoint, before the match even began? Cheers :)
I think you played vs 3 bots or something

6 LH 0-20 SF? lol

Acinixys

n0tail is easily one of my favorite casters

His joking around makes the game so much more enjoyable

My favourite so far was

"WHAT A PLAY BY RTZ HE USES SLEEP AND JUST WALKS AWAY FROM THAT GANK WHAT A PLAYER OMG I CANT BELIEVE HIS SKILLS"

Eldon

n0tail is easily one of my favorite casters

His joking around makes the game so much more enjoyable
Arteezy so smart, how can you beat EG?
Ooooh he bought a diffusal!

That game was really something else, Puppey and Hanni were just repeating the jokes mostly.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pros:
Pros
Eh, if I finish my project today I'll probably go anyway, come back super tired and then just watch E3 half asleep.

Already met with BTS at F2P movie, but whatever. Swag is usually crap. At least I'll probably get another Kappa sticker, I lost my old one. Hopefully an MSI rep will be there and I can give another business card out.

Shengar

Get in a game, go Leshrac. Paired versus NP and Sven top. After I hit level two NP disappears into jungle. I go after him, catch him unawares and roflstomp him. He immediately disconnects and then abandons a whole 4 minutes in.

This community....just blows my mind sometimes.

NP player is one of the fucking worst, especially the kind that jungling till no end and left a melee hero solo against a Sniper. I want to hit anyone really hard to their head when they play any hero with only one particular playstyle (or trying a very dumb one).

Acinixys

Watching this Earth Spirit on SingSings stream and hes pretty impressive

Not often you see someone who doesnt suck ass with the hero

Shengar

Thats the reason I play him. He's an anti-pubstomper. You can't use shadowblade while doomed and while you could buy dust it wouldn't be the same. The point of his ult is to send a message. You savor the growing horror as the player who though he'd have an easy game suddendly realizes his shadowblade doesn't work.

You can almost feel the panic as those little bastards try to run away, doom slowly leeching their life away while they frantically spam any ability key they have only for silence to answer them.

But yeah, he's not fun to play against, but hes no farmed AM/PL level of anti-fun

No u
Judging from this post and your avatar, I assume that you have a great deal of experience playing doom. Do you have any particular builds when playing as him?

inkls

Been doing it wrong.
Want to solo queue and have fun?
NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN

Want to solo Queue and win?
RAT DOTA

Drow
Lycan
PL

you will win, i dnt know if you will have fun doing it..

Mah man. Also don't forget clinkz

LOL i played offlane Doom just now and i was wrecking people with my team i went augs as first items because i could get away with it, 20 minutes laters we fucking lost because morph never farmed his shotgun combo. FML i blame inkls.
i went augs as first items
i blame inkls

ಠ_ಠ

They literally had zero hero tanky enough to have warranted an aghs, you wasted 4k gold on your first item. Refresher would have been a much better choice (not as a first item, but later on) with the amount of heroes that needed to be Doomed. Why Bkb? Upgrade that platemail bro.

I blame your tower damage.

Judging from this post and your avatar, I assume that you have a great deal of experience playing doom. Do you have any particular builds when playing as him?

Doom's very flexible in what items you can build on him. I usually get phase first then midas and then an initiation item (blink dagger or shadowblade) if the enemy team has a hero with an easy escape. Afterwards I get armor to circumvent his natural squishyness so usually a platemail which you can upgrade into either an assault cuirass for the AS and armor reduction or Shiva's guard for the extra int which allows you to cast more and the slow active so you can catch up to enemies or run away from them.

Afterwards Its mainly based on who needs to be countered in the enemy team. Strong right-clicker? Get a halberd. 2 or more targets that needs to be doomed? Get refresher. Need to be the raidboss? Get Heart of the tarrasque.

But you can also build things like Vlads (if your team has alot of melee heroes), Mek if no one on your team will build it and you're not the main carry. Some people like to build radiance on him. Its good on him, but I rarely build it.

Don't solely base yourself on how I build him though, there's alot of different ways to build him and I play a more carry Doom.

I usually max devour and scorched earth before putting any points in LVL? Death. I also keep a few points spare so I can get the correct multiplier during teamfights.

I'm not an expert on him but aura Doom is also a thing. Basically get any items that give you an aura(Vlads, Mek, Pipe, AC, etc) and devour an Alpha Wolf for the +30% damage aura and just become the aura god and watch your teammates become Gods themselves.

Artanisix

Anyone know what the treant set that matt is referencing in the portrait data is?

I really like treant so if this is an actual treant set and not a cosmetic for nature's prophet treants that'd be great.

Treant.

G.ZZZ

Tales from the trenchiest trenches. AM feed vs furion top. Necro jungle (who actually did decent). Mirana attack our throne, we are 4 attacking theirs, 3 tp to def and i'm alone killing the throne. Me as ES alone almost manage to kill their throne while we obviously needed 3 to kill mirana in our base. Proceed to lose game. Fuck those shitters with 0 brain at every MMR.

inkls

Anyone know what the treant set that matt is referencing in the portrait data is?

I really like treant so if this is an actual treant set and not a cosmetic for nature's prophet treants that'd be great.

Treant.

It was about treants in a furion set :/

Shengar

Doom's very flexible in what items you can build on him. I usually get phase first then midas and then an initiation item (blink dagger or shadowblade) if the enemy team has a hero with an easy escape. Afterwards I get armor to circumvent his natural squishyness so usually a platemail which you can upgrade into either an assault cuirass for the AS and armor reduction or Shiva's guard for the extra int which allows you to cast more and the slow active so you can catch up to enemies or run away from them.

Afterwards Its mainly based on who needs to be countered in the enemy team. Strong right-clicker? Get a halberd. 2 or more targets that needs to be doomed? Get refresher. Need to be the raidboss? Get Heart of the tarrasque.

But you can also build things like Vlads (if your team has alot of melee heroes), Mek if no one on your team will build it and you're not the main carry. Some people like to build radiance on him. Its good on him, but I rarely build it.

Don't solely base yourself on how I build him though, there's alot of different ways to build him and I play a more carry Doom.

I usually max devour and scorched earth before putting any points in LVL? Death. I also keep a few points spare so I can get the correct multiplier during teamfights.

I see that we have the same core build here :p
Midas is have a must for Doom to me since he need a fuckton of items to fulfill whatever roles he gonna ended be in that game. Unless being ganked constantly and ended up feeding, Midas before 15 minutes mark is certainly not impossible even when what you do basically just devouring. But I never considered blink on him, might've to changed that now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like Warhammer 40k Omniknight got a loading screen, maybe we are getting him still:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=268272447&searchtext=

Also, Perfect World, master of stealth, have renamed their account to Paradox. I actually didn't notice until they reuploaded their Lavashaker set
http://steamcommunity.com/id/PerfectWorldChina

They have reuploaded their Lavashaker set, put up a Samurai earth Shaker set (This time for Lavashaker, they set the collection to private, but not the items)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=268260245
637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=265268889
400x400.resizedimage

A Mirana mount:'
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=268263099
637x358.resizedimage

A Doom Weapon:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=267874830
637x358.resizedimage

And some armor for Storm Spirit:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=267856735
637x358.resizedimage

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Thank god, I was worried we were going to run out of Doom weapons and Mirana mounts...

Doom only just past Wind Ranger in Weapons, somehow Wind Ranger has 14 bows.

No more Treant sets ffs, no more. Is he the hero with more cosmetics? he isn't even a waifu let alone a husbando.

Yes, he is the person with the most items at 78. Don't worry though, Drow is a solid #2 at 75.

Doom only just past Wind Ranger in Weapons, somehow Wind Ranger has 14 bows.

I just checked it, at least half those WR bows are just bland. Doom's swords have had some more variance but there's just too many now. Obviously artists are going to make what they want and the consumers are going to vote what they like, so this lopsided cosmetic creation won't end until Valve just comes out and says they won't accept any more cosmetics for certain characters for the time being. There's so many characters that only have a few cosmetics.

Shengar

Viper and Tinker is crying right now.
Speaking of Tinker though, is that unique boots of travel of him just recently made/released? I saw it in a live match and it was pretty cool.

Renoir

Mah man. Also don't forget clinkz

ಠ_ಠ

They literally had zero hero tanky enough to have warranted an aghs, you wasted 4k gold on your first item. Refresher would have been a much better choice (not as a first item, but later on) with the amount of heroes that needed to be Doomed. Why Bkb? Upgrade that platemail bro.

I blame your tower damage.

Never played clinkz.. I should give it a shot

inkls

Hope you die

Sure, blame the messenger. Why don't you go upvote some treant set in the workshop you freaking treehugger.

I see that we have the same core build here :p
Midas is have a must for Doom to me since he need a fuckton of items to fulfill whatever roles he gonna ended be in that game. Unless being ganked constantly and ended up feeding, Midas before 15 minutes mark is certainly not impossible even when what you do basically just devouring. But I never considered blink on him, might've to changed that now.

Well with devour, midas is more like a 2nd midas (except with the bonus xp). Blink is great on him for solo kills. You'll easily get the drop on splitpushers like NP before they can pop their shadowblade or tp away. LVL? death also applies a mini stun btw, so you can interrupt teleports without having to doom them.

Never played clinkz.. I should give it a shot

His attack animation sucks though, you're going to have a hard time last hitting, but he's extremely satisfying to play when you gank or splitpush after you got your core items.

Renoir

Sure, blame the messenger. Why don't you go upvote some treant set in the workshop you freaking treehugger.

Well with devour, midas is more like a 2nd midas (except with the bonus xp). Blink is great on him for solo kills. You'll easily get the drop on splitpushers like NP before they can pop their shadowblade or tp away. LVL? death also applies a mini stun btw, so you can interrupt teleports without having to doom them.

His attack animation sucks though, you're going to have a hard time last hitting, but he's extremely satisfying to play when you gank or splitpush after you got your core items.
might have to do some bot gaimz b4 i take him out to play.
Is orchid core on him? i c that often? or its just gimmick?

inkls

might have to do some bot gaimz b4 i take him out to play.
Is orchid core on him? i c that often? or its just gimmick?

Its good on him, you get attack speed, damage, mana regen (really important on him) and an active that allows you to gank.

But its not the only item you can build on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom