• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlius

Banned
Not to mention CK doesn't scale well into the late game.

There's a reason he's not getting picked much.

what? hes fucking insane late game, key word here being LATE. if he gets 6 slotted there no stopping him, EG knew this and went for fast game too.

Cassius

How does he not scale well in the late game?

I think it has a lot to do with how he's built item wise and how teams like to run him as an early game carry. You don't see a Midas on him often because they want to take advantage of his stun/gap closing so teams will pick up a Drum and Treads to help his awful mana pool and try to set up kills.

His wave clear isn't great, but with an AC or a Mjol. he does pretty decent and can proc his passive more often. Manta Style isn't bad either for the illusion shenanigans.

Chris R

You get both back. What you bet should be in returns, and what you won should be in won. What does it show in the bets tab?

I had both in the thing for returns but when the trade opened only the thing I won came over. The other is still there, just too many people in the queue at the moment. I'll try again in a bit.

Good to know though, this was my first time betting :)

Hylian7

http://dotabuff.com/matches/706869460

Yeah, Beastmaster ain't happening for my daily challenge I guess.

I had another game but it didn't seem to record to Dotabuff because of a patch. I can't win with this hero.

Edit: The second attempt, not as good as the first. It's not on Dotabuff.

eeJKtoP.png

sixghost

http://dotabuff.com/matches/706869460

Yeah, Beastmaster ain't happening for my daily challenge I guess.

I had another game but it didn't seem to record to Dotabuff because of a patch. I can't win with this hero.

Edit: The second attempt, not as good as the first. It's not on Dotabuff.

eeJKtoP.png
Try to get him mid if you can. People in pubs have a really hard time dealing with a beastmaster that gets a quick 6 and smokes for roar ganks. I really enjoy playing him since the cooldown buff on his summons. Having two hawks out at once gives you so much vision it's insane.

Hylian7

Try to get him mid if you can. People in pubs have a really hard time dealing with a beastmaster that gets a quick 6 and smokes for roar ganks. I really enjoy playing him since the cooldown buff on his summons. Having two hawks out at once gives you so much vision it's insane.

Ending up trying attempt #3 right now, Zeus instalocked, so I have to offlane

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Came the closest I've ever come to uninstalling today. The pubs I've been getting matched up with in my 3-4 stacks have been some of the worst I've ever experienced in my life.

I first picked Alchemist (to carry) in random draft, went to take a piss and came back to a team of Alch, Bristle, Axe, Tiny and Bounty Hunter. I purposely fed and abandoned that game and I wished death upon everybody else on my team.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/706430806

That was almost the tipping point right there but I troopered on. Then came the game of least played where I decided to give my daily hero Warlock a whirl. The 2 pubs we got matched with randomed Ember, and (the mother on voice chat who was getting yelled at by her 11 year old daughter to stop playing Dota) TA after the opponents picked her first choice Bloodseeker.

Those two went a combined 1-16-2 in a 20 minute match.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/706933247

Then to follow all that up we had just a classic "I'm gonna pick a no-skill carry, feed in the safe lane and abandon."

http://dotabuff.com/matches/706967173

The near-uninstall game, I had a 4 stack so I felt like our chances were as good as they were going to get to save my Dotalife. Bristle and Omni (in my stack) go offlane and feed a combined 10 kills within the first 10 or 15 minutes. I'm on fucking suicide watch in mumble while these idiots try to blame their bad lane (I can't help it you morons don't know how to dodge a KotL blast). If we hadn't come back and won this game it would have literally been the last game of Dota I ever played.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/707016695

I think at the very least I might need to take a night off...

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Don't be that guy. It makes you no better than the rest.

Yeah, I kinda figured I was going to get a reply like this and I don't even give a shit. As far as I'm concerned every single person on that team did me more rotten at hero selection than I did in the ensuing 10 minutes. I picked farming Alch and they made me buy the god damned chicken. Of all these shit shows this was the only one that actively made me feed good about myself, so if I have to shit on a couple idiot pubs so be it. If that makes me a bad person, I could give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Came the closest I've ever come to uninstalling today. The pubs I've been getting matched up with in my 3-4 stacks have been some of the worst I've ever experienced in my life.

I first picked Alchemist (to carry) in random draft, went to take a piss and came back to a team of Alch, Bristle, Axe, Tiny and Bounty Hunter. I purposely fed and abandoned that game and I wished death upon everybody else on my team.
so you got the games you deserved

im not seeing the problem here
Yeah, I kinda figured I was going to get a reply like this and I don't even give a shit. As far as I'm concerned every single person on that team did me more rotten at hero selection than I did in the ensuing 10 minutes. I picked farming Alch and they made me buy the god damned chicken. Of all these shit shows this was the only one that actively made me feed good about myself, so if I have to shit on a couple idiot pubs so be it. If that makes me a bad person, I could give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
and confirmed

LiQuid!

That's fine. I don't want anybody's sympathy, especially you Steve. I'm just telling my tale. I'm just making statements of fact. That is how Dota panned out for me today.

Wok

That's fine. I don't want anybody's sympathy, especially you Steve. I'm just telling my tale. I'm just making statements of fact. That is how Dota panned out for me today.

Next time, just pick a support with a disable and have fun!

Woah, Chaos Knight is pretty sweet! He feels like a carry that is a big early game threat too, due to his initiation combo and good damage, even if inconsistent.

Any tips on keeping his mana sustained, especially in the early game? I usually solve mana issues on low int heroes with ring of basilius and mana boots, but guides recommend neither and pick up power treads instead. Do I need to get comfortable with tread switching to function properly with him? Or just be extremely mana conservative? In my match, I had to return to the fountain 3 times in the first 10 minutes, and only because I got lucky with a regen rune.

Kalnos

Banned
Woah, Chaos Knight is pretty sweet! He feels like a carry that is a big early game threat too, due to his initiation combo and good damage, even if inconsistent.

Any tips on keeping his mana sustained, especially in the early game? I usually solve mana issues on low int heroes with ring of basilius and mana boots, but guides recommend neither and pick up power treads instead. Do I need to get comfortable with tread switching to function properly with him? Or just be extremely mana conservative? In my match, I had to return to the fountain 3 times in the first 10 minutes, and only because I got lucky with a regen rune.

Getting Drums (after treads) will help you out quite a bit with mana. Ideally you have a support with mana boots as well.

ViviOggi

I'd recommend learning proper treadswitching asap, it's really not that hard and helps on so many heroes.

Conceptor

http://dotabuff.com/matches/706430806
I read your entire post I just want to say that we've all had those days where nothing goes well in Dota, but c'mon dude. There is no justification for intentionally feeding and abandoning a match like that. Once you've lost the will and don't want to play just abandon the match.

For what it's worth, I just watched the replay. Your team picked a bunch of carries/semi-carries/gankers and the other team had an actual support hero. You started off with a bunch of regular laning items but then sold a few to get the courier once you realized no one else was going to. This tells me you're a decent player. That and that you have a 19 godlike spree count on your courier.

Was anyone talking in team chat? Why didn't you take command of your team? Or did you try?

Bounty went offlane, that's fine. Axe went and stood at your T1 top instead of starting in the jungle. Maybe asking him to go jungle from :00 instead of leeching XP and leaving the lane-mate alone and gimped. Tiny went mid with sidelane consumables, Bristle decided to go bottom with the Bounty and you went top.

So your safelane turned out to be Axe Alch vs Huskar Dazzle and an Invis Ember. You guys didn't know that and tried to go aggressive from level 1 and you dove a little too deep and got killed by the tower as you backed out. Didn't give up first blood, just split it between the Radiant. Fine, it happens. Just suck it up and try to make the best of it. Meanwhile Tiny had an empty lane for the first 2 minutes of the game before Ember finally joined him and he had one creep kill.

You re-spawned and came mid, tried to gank the Ember with level 1 stun running right up the lane and uphill and the Tiny didn't follow up in time. Did you communicate with the Tiny about the gank? I don't mean by pinging either. He was only level 2 and Ember still had a lot of HP. You started your stun way too late and gave away the gank really quickly when you barged down the lane. The Ember asked you if you were mad over allchat and then you sat by his tower and let him kill you.

If you were that tilted from the start you should have just abandoned right then and there. I watched you teleport back mid and feed once more, then a couple more times at running to their fountain and bottom. 6:35 into the game you finally abandoned the match.

Why not just take mid from the start? Anticipating mid Ember + Alch farming mid would have been just fine. I mentioned how the Tiny didn't know how to farm creeps properly so I'm sure you would have done better with that space (no sarcasm intended). The Tiny moved to top lane when you came mid the second time knowing what you had done and left you alone so it's not like you two would be fighting for cs and xp. The Axe eventually left the lane and went to the jungle and Bristle went top as well. The enemy Huskar had 26 cs in 6 minutes in a free farm lane. Bounty didn't die solo and had a decent bit of farm for offlane.

This game was not over and your team still had a shot after your first death. I know you wanted to play a carry and your team didn't pan out with that situation. Alch support and Bristle farming wouldn't have been that bad either. Get a Vlads on someone and some levels and just deathball as 4 or 5 while rolling in the Track gold. Worst comes to worse you could have just taken mid like I suggested and let them do whatever they wanted.

Instead you ruined the game for 9 other people and wasted everyone's time. You went on to have a few more bad games and a bad night of Dota. You didn't have to be a Saint in your game, but you didn't have to be that guy either.

Recognizing when you should take a break because things aren't going well (you're tilted) is an essential skill to pick up if you want to play this game everyday.

Edit
No one forced you to buy anything. Don't buy it if you don't want to. Eventually someone will, or you guys can go about it without one. It wouldn't have made a difference in this game, evidently.

Edit2
You were in a 3-stack with Bristle and Tiny, and Tiny is on your friends list. Welp...

I'm almost tempted to add the Tiny and apologize for that experience because he's from Toronto, Canada hahah

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

Oh no, not the chicken! You're going to keep having bad games if you cry over the fact you don't get to play the role you were hoping for.

Aselith

Yeah like everyone said drums is very good on him and helps him in a lot of different areas that he is weakish attack speed and mana pool and also gives some decent extra damage. He's already pretty fast but that aura helps a lot with chasing too and getaways.

He's one of my favorite heroes and wrecks butt holes.

One thing to note is he's one of the heroes that it's a pretty good idea to not get ulty til 10 or 11 because going with his blink grab and stun is going to be a lot better for you.

I usually go Treads > Drums > Armlet > Basher > Deso > Manta

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'll finally have some free time to try and not suck shit at Dota now woo.

You're in Normal bracket you can just stack and farm and win by yourself if you farm enough. Making a game a waste of time makes you no better and you got what you deserve.

If you keep searching in a game how you meet your win conditions you'll improve more and win more and have a better experience.

Carlius

Banned
it really amazes me how many inbreds come out at this hour. two games. first one riki fed bs, game ended at 20 mins with him being 1-10. second game? i get the same riki, who repicks riki and feeds top and an AA who just goes mid and feeds on purpose. 2 minutes in its 10-0 cause of AA feeding on purpose. so fucking annoying, it seems the higer you try to go in MMR the more inbreds there are.

LiQuid!

Edit2
You were in a 3-stack with Bristle and Tiny, and Tiny is on your friends list. Welp...

I'm almost tempted to add the Tiny and apologize for that experience because he's from Toronto, Canada hahah

Man, I didn't need a play by play. I was there. I was real mad. I was mad at my stack too to be sure. The pubs were the straw that broke the camels back. And don't apologize to that Tiny, that guy's a piece of crap. He's one of those players that picks the top rated guide for a hero and literally never builds anything but that every single time he plays. Also he knows what he is in for when we play together. None of the guys I play with deserve an apology. They owe ME one.

Acinixys

it really amazes me how many inbreds come out at this hour. two games. first one riki fed bs, game ended at 20 mins with him being 1-10. second game? i get the same riki, who repicks riki and feeds top and an AA who just goes mid and feeds on purpose. 2 minutes in its 10-0 cause of AA feeding on purpose. so fucking annoying, it seems the higer you try to go in MMR the more inbreds there are.

#unbanThacker

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Man, I didn't need a play by play. I was there. I was real mad. I was mad at my stack too to be sure. The pubs were the straw that broke the camels back. And don't apologize to that Tiny, that guy's a piece of crap. He's one of those players that picks the top rated guide for a hero and literally never builds anything but that every single time he plays. Also he knows what he is in for when we play together. None of the guys I play with deserve an apology. They owe ME one.

Yea people who just stick to one plan and refuse to be flexible are the worst!

ViviOggi

chansub-global-emoticon-18be1a297459453f-36x30.png

dmshaposv

why does everyone believe there is some magical MMR, where people choose heroes doing a specific role?

Its nice to boast 3500-4000 mmr if you have it, but the players there are just as shitty as you could find in 2000-2500. Just play the game to have fun and not make it into a number grind because the more desperate you are to achieve that magical number - the more you'll hate the game if you can't get it.

Honestly, I feel Valve should make a "turn off" mode for mmr. It doesn't display ur mmr in your profile but only at the end of your ranked matches. I bet you the psychological affect would make people less hateful when they lose ranked matches.

LiQuid!

Mirana needs to be beaten bloody with a nerf stick.

It will happen. I know this because I recently played my first game with that hero where I said to myself "That was fun! I'm gonna play that some more" This is how IF knows what heroes to obliterate, apparently. Titan and Alch are two previous casualties.

If you queue on US servers between 3 and 8 AM you get exactly what you deserve

Peruvians.

PS I actually don't even understand why because they're in the same hemisphere.

GorillaJu

Someone please tell me how to play Mirana properly. She just doesn't feel right to me and I don't know if it's me or the hero.

Roam around to lanes, throw arrows at unsuspecting people. Occasionally they'll hit and its a free kill for 100 mana. They'll usually miss but who gives a fuck, it's only 100 mana and you have a free escape as well.

Press R to save teammates and win team fights because it's nearly impossible to counter that spell early game when teams are spread out. It costs Mirana nothing to cast and is on a cooldown that is way too short given how strong of a spell it is. It's initiation, escape, everything, and it's complete and total bullshit.

Stay out of common ward areas, throw arrows through trees. Free games.

In almost every pub, at least one of the ten players is a "Mirana-only" player. Fucking awful hero in its current state.

ZeroX03

Banned

Wow. Just wow. He gave you an intelligent and respectful breakdown and you respond with this.

Its nice to boast 3500-4000 mmr if you have it, but the players there are just as shitty as you could find in 2000-2500. Just play the game to have fun and not make it into a number grind because the more desperate you are to achieve that magical number - the more you'll hate the game if you can't get it.

My experience from HoN is that the difference between 1300 and 1700mmr is marginal at best.

Press R to save teammates and win team fights because it's nearly impossible to counter that spell early game when teams are spread out. It costs Mirana nothing to cast and is on a cooldown that is way too short given how strong of a spell it is. It's initiation, escape, everything, and it's complete and total bullshit.

And you still see people who refuse to level it before 12. It's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom