• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Take off Tranqs while doing mobs. Put it back on after mobs are cleared.

Easiest 10 seconds of regen of your life.

If only you could use the enemies boots if you stole them, I would be so happy. Because I have gotten many boots that way.

inkls

Only one valve announcement. Gaben walks up to the stage holding a crowbar. Lifts his free hand in the air, three fingers up. Walks away.

Ketch

I'm catching up on the summit finals right now (pls no spoilers). What is the point of farming venomancer? Like you don't really need any items... maybe dagger or mech, but what else do you do? Is it just for the early push?

Razzer

I'm catching up on the summit finals right now (pls no spoilers). What is the point of farming venomancer? Like you don't really need any items... maybe dagger or mech, but what else do you do? Is it just for the early push?

A quick mek and aghs makes for a super death ball.

He's agi he doesn't scale terribly.

If you can get an early aghs or veil he melts people with that ult of his.

I don't remember what mason was going for in that game though.

Is gaming community going to get closed for E3 or is it just off topic?
All of gaf is just not going to work anyway so it's all a wash.

My friends' argument was "You can stay in lane longer and never have to go back." You could make that argument on almost any hero I feel, that doesn't make it good.

Tranq on Axe is good. That regen whenever active is very valuable as you can gank more. Sure it is useless when in war but when it's downtime, I really love that I can pop up again in lane after a few seconds of walking

Ketch

Is poison touch a UAM?

edit: Sorry, poison sting! durrr.. and I don't think it is.. the wiki says it stacks with oov

Acinixys

I swear today is shitter Monday

Ive had 4 games in a row where people go 0/13 and cry no stop about how bad the team is when they are just feeding kills by going 1v5

Manus

Is poison touch a UAM?

edit: Sorry, poison sting! durrr.. and I don't think it is.. the wiki says it stacks with oov

Plus his wards have slow which is brutal. And once you use your ultimate if the fight lasts a while your almost always going to win it.

Zeth

In hard/unfair bot matches does the enemy automatically send Viper mid? Fuck it's so annoying when I want to mess around or practice alone. I've never met an opponent who can deny as well as him and probably never will. Viper bot = Mushi status.

And wow, I'm just seeing the Tiny upgrade for the first time. His sole cosmetic looks awesome too - was that changed or do I just not remember it? He has a swaying ice-beard.

In hard/unfair bot matches does the enemy automatically send Viper mid? Fuck it's so annoying when I want to mess around or practice alone. I've never met an opponent who can deny as well as him and probably never will. Viper bot = Mushi status.

And wow, I'm just seeing the Tiny upgrade for the first time. His sole cosmetic looks awesome too - was that changed or do I just not remember it? He has a swaying ice-beard.

Unfair bots are pretty good at last hitting but at the same time it's good practice if you want to learn mid, and Viper is always going to be a pain in the ass mid, bots or not. If the opposing player knows what he's doing Viper wins most matchups.

Jex

You have to realise that not only will they do that, but sometimes (probably often) bots straight up cheat. I once clicked on Vengeful Spirit to see that her ulti had a 2 second cooldown.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Take off Tranqs while doing mobs. Put it back on after mobs are cleared.

Easiest 10 seconds of regen of your life.

I've mentally annihilated two people by stealing their tranqs, one in lane and one in jungle. Nothing is more satisfying LOL.

snack

0PMlBd4.gif

GEEEEZ

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Zeus, Skywraith, CM, and a Huskar. Yep, not surprised about that outcome. I wonder if that turned the game around at all or if WD was already stomping.

edit: Wait, thats a TImbersaw. Also, there is a PA there I didn't even notice, I thought it was 4 men killed but PA dies first to Roshan.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What hero were you? I generally never take off items if there's an invis hero on the other team. So Riki, BH, Clinkz, etc.

Well when I do I I'm normally something like lich or Lion and I am in the jungle smoked looking for you and wanting to place a ward. Smoke can really wreck the strategy.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
What hero were you? I generally never take off items if there's an invis hero on the other team. So Riki, BH, Clinkz, etc.

One I can't remember because I just picked up an invis rune and ran into the jungle. The second I was lycan 1v1 against a Centaur and he just dropped his boots near the creep wave like an idiot.

Wok

I have just had one of the most stupid games ever.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/710194893

Guess who in the Radiant team is offlane against Phantom Lancer and Lion?
Riki, and nobody wants to come top and help, so it is free-farm for Phantom Lancer.

fTly1CR.jpg

After 10-15 minutes of no-farm for me and free-farm for the Dire (despite my warning from the start of the game), I know we have already lost the game, decide to go retard-Dagon and retard-gem. I spend the rest of the game dewarding (thanks to the quelling blade trick) and trying to get kills around teamfights (with Dagon and the backstab), especially to kill Phantom Lancer. I have never dewarded that much during a game as a support, literally 10-12 wards. Given the context, I think this build was not that stupid in the end, and made the game quite fun for me.

Ah, I got something like 5 invisbility runes too. Nobody cared about the runes, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom