• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesa

One I can't remember because I just picked up an invis rune and ran into the jungle. The second I was lycan 1v1 against a Centaur and he just dropped his boots near the creep wave like an idiot.

image.php

Ketch

Just finished watching the summit. EG with a convincing game 5. USA going hard at TI this year. It's gonna be sick.

Kamek

Need a little help. So I' Have 400 hours in Dota 2 since 2012, and was pretty good on it, but only played on my laptop. Anyone have advice for a desktop setup with a regular mouse and keyboard? Do they default controls work well? Are there things I should switch around? What's the most efficient control config?

FACE

Banned
Zeus, Skywraith, CM, and a Huskar. Yep, not surprised about that outcome. I wonder if that turned the game around at all or if WD was already stomping.

edit: Wait, thats a TImbersaw. Also, there is a PA there I didn't even notice, I thought it was 4 men killed but PA dies first to Roshan.

Timber was low because he was tanking Rosh.

I have just had one of the most stupid games ever.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/710194893

Guess who in the Radiant team is offlane against Phantom Lancer and Lion?
Riki, and nobody wants to come top and help, so it is free-farm for Phantom Lancer.

fTly1CR.jpg

After 10-15 minutes of no-farm for me and free-farm for the Dire (despite my warning from the start of the game), I know we have already lost the game, decide to go retard-Dagon and retard-gem. I spend the rest of the game dewarding (thanks to the quelling blade trick) and trying to get kills around teamfights (with Dagon and the backstab), especially to kill Phantom Lancer. I have never dewarded that much during a game as a support, literally 10-12 wards. Given the context, I think this build was not that stupid in the end, and made the game quite fun for me.

Ah, I got something like 5 invisbility runes too. Nobody cared about the runes, it seems.

Maybe if you didn't throw the game you would have won. Riki is one of those carries that crushes early->Midgame due to his insane damage bonus; so - even without farm - you could have realistically carried. Also you probably would do more damage with agi items than with a dagon.

Wok

Maybe if you didn't throw the game you would have won. Riki is one of those carries that crushes early->Midgame due to his insane damage bonus; so - even without farm - you could have realistically carried. Also you probably would do more damage with agi items than with a dagon.

No way someone could stop a free-farmed Phantom Lancer in my MMR-bracket. I have had such a game as PL today:

EKwOU38.jpg

The rapier and the Aegis were for the last-minute lulz, we could have erased their base without them. The game was finished by the 37 minute mark, but we knew we would win by the 10 minute mark.

There is no way to stop a free-farm carry at my bracket. You could tell it is my fault, but I don't believe it: it is more likely a lack of team spirit which lost us the game.

Razzer

No way someone could stop a free-farmed Phantom Lancer in my MMR-bracket. I have had such a game as PL today:

EKwOU38.jpg

The rapier and the Aegis were for the last-minute lulz, we could have erased their base without them. The game was finished by the 37 minute mark, but we knew we would win by the 10 minute mark.

There is no way to stop a free-farm carry at my bracket. You could tell it is my fault, but I don't believe it: it is more likely a lack of team spirit which lost us the game.

You can stop a free farm carry with your own free farm carry! That doesn't happen often though lol.

EKwOU38.jpg

You know you're adding to the lack of team spirit if you're going joke builds right? How do you think your teammates reacted when they saw your build? It's not helping I assure you.

Don't give up on games because they look bad. I won plenty of games in which we were down 0-10 or more and if I went joke builds we would have just lost. It's true, your teammates aren't pros but your opponents aren't either, they will make mistakes, and you can come back from most deficits if you just try and make the most of it.

Wok

You can stop a free farm carry with your own free farm carry! That doesn't happen often though lol.

True, it happened in some games with late Void. Not in games with Mirana, Sniper, Warlock, Riki, and NP though.

You know you're adding to the lack of team spirit if you're going joke builds right? How do you think your teammates reacted when they saw your build? It's not helping I assure you.

Don't give up on games because they look bad. I won plenty of games in which we were down 0-10 or more and if I went joke builds we would have just lost. It's true, your teammates aren't pros but your opponents aren't either, they will make mistakes, and you can come back from most deficits if you just try and make the most of it.

It is only true with some carry heroes who have an active ultimate spell which they can misuse. When there is a passive ultimate as with PL, there is no error to make, you just come out of the jungle as an army and erase everything. Honestly, PL is an error-free carry hero. To beat one, you would need a stack with excellent communication... and a lot of luck.

Wok

I can tell you how they reacted: "gg riki dagon", "REPORT RIKI" in all chat and all kinds of nice insults (sexual innuendo with family of one another, invitations to sexual intercourse) in English in the teamchat. It seems I play with British at this time of the day: no cyka, etc.

Maybe if you didn't throw the game you would have won.

It is not exactly what I would call throwing a match to finish the game with 8 kills and 3 deaths.

Anyway, I will just have some fun with Lich now. Hopefully, I will get matched with people who do not look for a scapegoat when they end up losing.

I can tell you how they reacted: "gg riki dagon", "REPORT RIKI" in all chat and all kinds of nice insults (sexual innuendo with family of one another, invitations to sexual intercourse) in English in the teamchat. It seems I play with British at this time of the day: no cyka, etc.

I'm not saying you should care about what your teammates think is and isn't a good build, don't. But when they say those things they obviously check out mentally and are no good for the rest of the game. While most of the time they look for a scapegoat and it's really unfair when you're actually trying your best, you kind of asked for it this game.

Also, when going joke builds I highly recommend putting all of your teammates on ignore :D

slardar was my hero of the day yesterday and it was really fun. Just chasing guys down and murdering them. Im still in trench but i cant wait to lane against a riki as slardar

Risible

Was in Dota heaven last night. Had an Axe that clearly had no idea how to play Axe. It was just endless cries of gg noob axe. Axe insisted in going in 1 on 3 and getting hammered all the time. The game dragged on and I rallied the troops and they actually listened! We turtled up, won a bunch of teamfights, and finally wiped them and pushed for the win. Sooooo satisfying.

Was in Dota heaven last night. Had an Axe that clearly had no idea how to play Axe. It was just endless cries of gg noob axe. Axe insisted in going in 1 on 3 and getting hammered all the time. The game dragged on and I rallied the troops and they actually listened! We turtled up, won a bunch of teamfights, and finally wiped them and pushed for the win. Sooooo satisfying.
And that's why they should add a concede.

Just watched game 5 of The Summit, and I have to say that it looks like Arteezy has gained some patience, and seems like a smarter player than the Starladder matches

elyetis

At least your NP didn't go agha ( well it did ) + refresher ( then rapiere feeded 30 sec later to PL ).

http://dotabuff.com/matches/710278766
( And yes I did choose to feed once I saw he actually wasn't making an orchid but a refresher )
Not like we were gonna win anyway with the way our lina handled mid, and NP never ganked during the first 20 min ( and my friend should never hardlane, thank you daily challenge.. ).
Not that my Omni would have been good anyway thought, not feeling the draft it's why I choose to play him for the first time, since it couldn't make it much worst.

But today was also the day I choose to play sand king ( which I only did 6 times since I started dota 2 ) and wow, even with a crazy bad start ( my fault ) I still found the hero to be incredibly good ( well only the QoP did a bkb ), that ulti, that stun.
And when needed you can farm really really fast, which is something most support usually lack.
Definitly a hero I want to play again, but this time not as the only support, it delay far too much the arcane boots which he really need imho.

Shengar

EKwOU38.jpg

Rapier on PL is terrible
That aside, let me gues: Did NP just farm in jungle during lane phase?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
EU mmr inflation in every game from wow to hon to dota, scientifically proven phenomena.

I remember in hon you'd queue euw if you want to cheese the ladder as an na player. Me n bzm used to feast on dat freelo all day.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That weaver killed my first tranqs.

Wasn't even mad.

Warlock is one of my favorite heroes, I just wish he wasn't in such an awkward spot between support and carry.

He sucks at both tbh. Diffusal wrecks his shit, and all his skills are overtime and aren't good without someone else helping him.

I mean, dropping the bomb is fun, especially with Refresher, but at higher skill levels people know how to deal with him and becomes almost dead weight.

ChrisD

Why is Terrorblade still a thinngggg. Quit playing around when he released. Jumped back in, got pitted against him for the first time since the nerf and whoa. Still so stronk. What do you even do against that guy?

On the joke build topic, joking around definitely drops team morale unless you're friends with everyone on the team. If you're going to play jokes, do it whenever you're winning, not when your team is losing. Solo queu just doesn't get 'funny', lol.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Not true. I find that sometimes I can salvage team morale by goofing off, it calms people down and eases tension so they don't tilt.

Why is Terrorblade still a thinngggg. Quit playing around when he released. Jumped back in, got pitted against him for the first time since the nerf and whoa. Still so stronk. What do you even do against that guy?

you stop him by right clicking him twice and at that point he is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom