• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordeccai

I've never played Faceless Void. I think I want to fix that tonight. Can somebody give me a babbys first void run down? From playing on a team with him, I know the biggest thing is to not fuck over team mates with the chrono placement.

ChrisD

I basically only play Phoenix and Timbersaw. Neither of which can really Nuke ahaha.

Doesn't help that I'm also the definition of bad in this game. Do GAF stacks/players ever stream anymore? Haven't seen Hylian post streams in a while. Used to watch those for play from someone who mostly knew what they were doing.

FACE

Banned
I basically only play Phoenix and Timbersaw. Neither of which can really Nuke ahaha.

Doesn't help that I'm also the definition of bad in this game. Do GAF stacks/players ever stream anymore? Haven't seen Hylian post streams in a while. Used to watch those for play from someone who mostly knew what they were doing.

Timbersaw can't nuke? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! The phrase "get bursted" is associated with that hero for a reason.

ChrisD

Timbersaw can't nuke? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! The phrase "get bursted" is associated with that hero for a reason.

I mean, he can chase for days. But I've never felt my kills come from nuking. More that nobody else really has his bulk and mobility. Seems he mostly shines when fights end and the running begins.

It took me four tries to get this post sent through.

thisisE3

Demoli

I mean, he can chase for days. But I've never felt my kills come from nuking. More that nobody else really has his bulk and mobility. Seems he mostly shines when fights end and the running begins.

thisisE3

Timbersaw has one of the most Ridiculous burst in the entire game. A couple patches ago he was one of the most insufferable carachters out there.

Aselith

thisisE3

He does 830 pure damage damage in about 1 second if he hits trees with Whirling Death. I'd consider that decent burst damage.

FACE

Banned

thisisE3

WsNxeCp.gif

ChrisD

I want this coordination/dexterity/quick-thinking/planning

is this before or after the nerfs

I suck more than intitially thought either way. Does Shift-Que have to be used for something like this or could you theoretically do it by just clicking really fast?

Pratfall

Jakiro is so strong as a lane support right now. I have been skipping stun until level 5 just because 2 in liquid fire and 2 in dual breath destroys supports who get out of position. I also love how naturally tanky he is. I really hope he gets a new model and some sweet items.

FACE

Banned

I suck more than intitially thought either way. Does Shift-Que have to be used for something like this or could you theoretically do it by just clicking really fast?

They haven't changed the damage of his spells for a long time.

If I recall what goes on in that video correctly that guy just got very lucky. Those people lined up the way the did while he was in full on run away mode and got this opportunity by happen stance.

Its from before the nerfs, but even then this would be doable now assuming the exact same situation came up. I'm fairly certain that queuing wouldn't make this any easier. You just have to press the keys quickly, in order, and at the right time. I know I would likely have cast the whirling death a little later in that situation. Shift-queuing as far as i know wouldn't stop fix that.

All of Timber's nerf have been directed towards his sustainability in the laning phase. The only real damage nerf was a bug fix where heroes who were by whirling death wouldn't get hp back after the debuff wore off.

Tobe

thisisE3

chakra, chain, death=dead. get bursted.

how do i win with alch? 4 losses in a row, literally challenge.
Either get shitloads of farm through greed+maybe midas or go gank from level 1 and transition into a carry role by using greed. I like the amulet build when ganking, it makes concoction do a ridiculous amount of damage, especially if you manage to get off acid spray too.

probably not as good as it used to be, but try support alch. buy stout, regen, couple clarities, maybe wards? max stun first thing, find a roaming partner, buy smoke, gank mid. go ruin the offlane's day, stack a few camps, buy another smoke, gank mid again. repeat these steps as needed. if you want to continue ganking, max out your acid and consider a medallion and other supportish items, mek is probably not the worst idea. if you want to transition to carry, max out your passive, build some auras, ac probably a legit pick up, or go to fuck you mode with an armlet, dealers choice.

(full warning, im terrible at dota. take my advice with a grain of salt.)

Farm fast and get some good items then man mode in team fights. The draw to Alchemist is that he can farm, and he can farm faster than anyone else. Outside of that fact he's a rather underwhelming carry. Yes, he has a great stun and decent minus armor from Acid Spray but compared to say a built in crit, bash, escape, or evasion he is lacking compared to hard carries like Void, AM, and PA. His biggest feature is that he can get six slotted by the 30 minute mark if you're a god amongst men. He also has a lot of optons but needs a lot of consideration when it comes to his farm;

Can you get a Midas in under 7 minutes? Then do it and go from Midas to Treads\Phase (really a matter of opinion) to a Maelstrom and then pick up a BKB. If you're farming correctly you should be able to get that by the 20-25 minute range (if I remember correctly), once you get that BKB co-ordinate with your team and force team fights. Pop ulti and bkb and stun someone and beat the crap oughta them. Finish your Mjollnir, and transition to something that helps you beat their biggest threat. Void or PA on their team? Get an MKB. Lots of right click threats? Consider an HH for disable and evasion. Worried about dying before you can dish out damage? Get a Heart. Against a carry like Lifestealer or AM that can escape with ease? Basher is your bff.

Can't get a 7-8 minute midas? Ignore it. Greevil's Greed is enough to give you above average farm as is. Consider going for an early Basiliius + Treads then getting a Vlad's and Maelstrom. This will give you enough sustainability with your ulti to effectively never need to go back to fountain, and then get your BKB. If all goes according to plan should be about the 25-30 minute range (if I remember correctly). See above after that.

I personally almost always get Vlad's on Alchemist. It's a damn good item if you can get it early and in my mind gives everything Alchemist needs in the early game--Lifesteal, Mana, Damage. It's not a ton of any single category but it's an item you can use as a placeholder while farming your big ticket items. I cannot recommend it enough.

As for how to actually play, you can either play a 1 slot or 3-4 slot Alch. I've assumed you were going for the prior so I'll address that. Get the safelane, and try and figure out who you'll be against before leaving the fountain. Up against someone with a lot of right click, grab a stout shield, it wll help you quite a bit and it's not a huge loss. I also always recommend a quelling blade for last hitting since it's a small price to pay for 30% more damage to creeps. You're gonna want to stay in lane and keep the lane pulled back as much as you can, which means getting support to stack and pull and/or hoping you're laning against someone like Kunkka, DS, or DP who always push the lane. If you can get a support to babysit you, especially one with a disable, you can easily pull a first blood by starting your stun then having them jump the person--saving your disable until they are potentially getting away (popped Windrun or Surge) or to maximize the stun time/damage. I've also seen some people go Soul Ring + Tranquils early and dump points into Acid Spray to basically clear entire creep waves and the jungle camps if their lane is a little dangerous to stay in.

Just some info that hopefully helps.

Drunk?.... Just play DS....

Most the time I hate my trash tier.....nights like this?? fukyeah

after e3 thus far my love for pc master dota race grew 10x

In what case would "usually" imply?
Honestly just do your thing and you'll be fine.

Unless your thing is saying: A is over powered, I'm not going to tell you why, and I'm going to insult everyone who disagrees, while intentionally being obtuse and not even bothering to try and understand others point of view. Don't do that.

You'll do great!

I give up on trying to use d2moddin.
I have tried once a day for a week and a half. I'll just wait the year for valve to get it working.

Mordeccai

So RTZ going bfury first on PA mid just validated every trench-tier PA player?

No.

Sometimes you will have the early farm and space to use the bfury afterwards to farm, and it works great. Also a great item if you've got an RP or black hole to set up cleave crits.

Phase HoD Basher so much better for comparable amount of gold tho.

dmshaposv

Someone said build Phase/basher first, then bkb, then whatever you like (abyssal/mkb/satanic).

I think this has been the most successful build I've tried so far -especially in this new 10min deathball meta. Much more effective than battlefury (which is also viable, only if you are given enough space).

I really wish there was another build for antimage besides battlefury rush or vanguard (if u are doing bad). Blinkin and slammin just don't work.

I've never played Faceless Void. I think I want to fix that tonight. Can somebody give me a babbys first void run down? From playing on a team with him, I know the biggest thing is to not fuck over team mates with the chrono placement.

He's quite flexible in terms of item builds. Personally, I like:

Midas - Treads - Maelstrom - BKB - Mjollnir - Daedalus - Butterfly - Refresher (in this order as well)

The Battle Fury + Mask of Madness build can work too, I suppose. Lately, a lot of people have been rushing Aghs on him and I think that's viable as well if gotten early. Doesn't make too much of an impact post level 16 I suppose but it can help you snowballing.

However, I honestly don't think he's a good solo queue hero because he does fuck all early game unless combo'd with AA, WD, Skywrath or so but he can work well in stacks where people will hopefully secure your farm. Farm reliant heroes tend to do bad in solo Q from my experience.

Carlius

Banned
this game can be so rewarding sometimes.

just had a match where we failed our lvl 1 rosh and died to it, yes, all of us. they took an early tower. we thought it was over so we started trolling and talking mad crap to the enemy team.

It got into their heads. We won the game. Never laughed so hard.

dmshaposv

Also never go MoM on FV if they have

sniper, skywrath, enchantress, windranger. They will fuck u up hard from outside that chrono (unless u catch them first in it).

Dat Axe Ulti :O

The other team weren't very good and had a disconnect which helped, but the Ulti absolutely destroyed them in the mid-game. Later on they had enough health to make it difficult to single-handedly get them down to the threshold for the Ulti, but between Levels 6 and 16 or so, it was unstoppable

Hate it when you're stuck waiting to respawn while your team take the Ancient down :(

Hex doesn't disable backtrack either. It's some unique kind of evasion.

I did know that. I almost remember it being something along the lines of rather than just rolling when an attack is heading towards you rolling on any instance of damage, regardless of character state or something crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom