• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Void with an active MoM backtracking laguna blade is the most rage inducing thing.

Speaking of MoM and laguna blade I tried out MoM on Sven in a game where the enemy Lina got an early aghs. This was not a good idea.

Void with an active MoM backtracking laguna blade is the most rage inducing thing.

Speaking of MoM and laguna blade I tried out MoM on Sven in a game where the enemy Lina got an early aghs. This was not a good idea.

Sven can get away with a MoM better than Void honestly. Sven usually rushes that BKB and his E gives him decent armor. Also, if partnered up with Wisp, I'd totally go for that MoM.

What's the alternative for Sven if you don't go MoM? I find it helps a ton with farming the jungle more effectively, plus the extra attack speed is amazing vs towers.

Sven can get away with a MoM better than Void honestly. Sven usually rushes that BKB and his E gives him decent armor. Also, if partnered up with Wisp, I'd totally go for that MoM.

Yeah I think it's good to be honest. If you have mom and bkb at a decent time you should be able to kill stuff before they kill you. And it beats being kited all day which seems to happen with any other build.

Even stuff like lina aghs you should be able to play around if you actually check the other teams items and don't just run in like an eejit.

Shengar

Yes of course. :'(
Everytime I solo a lane against ranged hero or cary that being babysit by one when using melee myself just because soms dickhed doesn't know other way to play NP, I want to kill some puppies. I really hate that shit when NP player thought they can literally buy the game with money.

Acinixys

Jakiro is so strong as a lane support right now. I have been skipping stun until level 5 just because 2 in liquid fire and 2 in dual breath destroys supports who get out of position. I also love how naturally tanky he is. I really hope he gets a new model and some sweet items.

Jakiro is one of my favorite heroes to play, but my least favorite to go against. Liquid Fire spam is the most frustrating shit to lane vs.

Just wish Ice Path didnt scale so shit. 1 sec at lvl 1 and 2.2 sec at lvl 4 is pretty weak, even though it is AoE. I think it should also slow for 30% for 2 secs or something

What's the alternative for Sven if you don't go MoM? I find it helps a ton with farming the jungle more effectively, plus the extra attack speed is amazing vs towers.

I like Maelstrom instead of MoM on Sven. You get better farming + damage + early fight potential. Plus Maelstrom is only 500 or so more

Also, RTZ is playing jungle Enigma and his team is getting destroyed. They're to heavy to support. He needs to spam mid to win

Yeah I think it's good to be honest. If you have mom and bkb at a decent time you should be able to kill stuff before they kill you. And it beats being kited all day which seems to happen with any other build.

Even stuff like lina aghs you should be able to play around if you actually check the other teams items and don't just run in like an eejit.

Sven blink is legit as fuck if you're worried about getting kited btw. But yeah, I agree. MoM is fine.

Renoir

Ok. I had the weirdest game last night.

How do i upload replay to youtube?
How do i make webm of highlights of said video?

to sum it up .. a cricket threw the game.
Bought 22 or so courier. and had them snaking around the map.
We still won. But some of the things that were happening were among the oddest in my dota career .

match ID:710799809

BHK3

Banned
Sven blink is legit as fuck if you're worried about getting kited btw. But yeah, I agree. MoM is fine.

I don't like sven because he needs too much to win. For me, blink and MoM are core on him, otherwise people simple walk away or stun you.

3a03134d40.jpg

How do you lane against Necro as a melee hero? Stock up on regen? Heartstopper aura is a bitch.

1 point of HS aura ain't too bad, you should compensate that with tangos. If you realise he's upping his Aura over his Q, you might as well try to bumrush him because there's little he can do without his burst heal.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Things were looking bretty dire (haha) last night. Their Lycan and Viper were both dominating, taking towers, getting kills, tearing us up in teamfights.

They get our mid rax at 30 minutes, Lesh is all like "gg" and "well that's why I warmed up with unranked". Not unjustifiably. But I just tell him

NOBODY OUTCARRIES SPECTRE

BITCH

DFBCqc8.png

I may not have actually shouted bitch

Kreunt

Banned

I went aghs Lina a few weeks back and had a MoM FV backtrack my ult three times in a row.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I basically only play Phoenix and Timbersaw. Neither of which can really Nuke ahaha.

Doesn't help that I'm also the definition of bad in this game. Do GAF stacks/players ever stream anymore? Haven't seen Hylian post streams in a while. Used to watch those for play from someone who mostly knew what they were doing.

This is a crazy late response but I didn't see this last night, one hour before you posted that tswift posted that he was streaming our matches.

Risible

this game can be so rewarding sometimes.

just had a match where we failed our lvl 1 rosh and died to it, yes, all of us. they took an early tower. we thought it was over so we started trolling and talking mad crap to the enemy team.

It got into their heads. We won the game. Never laughed so hard.

This is why I mute the opposing team right out of the gate.

KingKong

Should I sell my Kunkka whale blade for $16 for the summer sale or wait..hmm, it did drop to like 8 bucks when the compendium came out but now its back.. maybe it will keep growing

Acinixys

Should I sell my Kunkka whale blade for $16 for the summer sale or wait..hmm, it did drop to like 8 bucks when the compendium came out but now its back.. maybe it will keep growing

I'd say keep it

Especially with the DISGUSTING ammount of 2014 immortals floating about, the valve can only increase on the 2013 ones

Renoir

Can you imagine a year from now.. when the new immortals are out..
The 1st immortal will be rarer and more expansive.

As a matter of fact this year, the market is flooded with 2014 immortals because of the nature of the compendium.

Kioshen

So people around here doesn't like when a NP go jungle farming or split pushing ... what would be the ideal Nature's Prophet then ?

So people around here doesn't like when a NP go jungle farming or split pushing ... what would be the ideal Nature's Prophet then ?

Come gank lanes. Your sprout is good, and any amount of right clicks is helpful in the very early game. Plus the fact that you can tp in anywhere should be abused as quickly as possible instead of just standing in the same spot right clicking creeps.

Split pushing is what he is supposed to do in the mid and late though, don't let anyone tell you different. Unless its like mek team fight np or something.

Ketch

Context:

$9,200,000. Stretch Goal 20 Unlocked - New Upgraded Mega Creep models: http://dota2.cyborgmatt.com/prizetracker/international2014

this is getting bonkers. I wonder if they truly will keep the prize distribution the same as previous TIs. 1 mil for 3rd place? it's crazy. Do you think it's possible that they'll just stop accepting money at some point? I know that would be absurd... but what are they going to do with 20 million dollars?

New stretch goal: every one at valve gets a kunkka themed yacht.

inkls

this is getting bonkers. I wonder if they truly will keep the prize distribution the same as previous TIs. 1 mil for 3rd place? it's crazy. Do you think it's possible that they'll just stop accepting money at some point? I know that would be absurd... but what are they going to do with 20 million dollars?

New stretch goal: every one at valve gets a kunkka themed yacht.

wat

Acinixys

I concur with this wut

Valve isnt a charity. They're a business with a massive staff and infrastructure to maintain

Of course they would want more money

Plus i can only imagine how expensive TI4 itself is going to be to set up. They have to fly in and house all the players and managers + all the sound and lighting + the cost of renting the stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom