• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

I know its absurd... but what happens when we hit 10 mil? More stretch goals... then what happens when we max those out? Do you think it'll hit 20 million? Do you think there would be even more stretch goals after 20 million?

How long has the compendium been out? and we still have like a month and a half to go... I'm just saying, they could put out more stretch goals and say 20 million is the final stretch goal, every one gets 100 levels added to their compendiums and you can't buy anymore points. What else are they going to do with the money? If it hits 20 million, first place at TI would be 10 million dollars.... they're going to run out of stretch goals, and I don't think people will ever stop giving them money. So do they just leave it open or could they put a limit on it?

Calidor

I know its absurd... but what happens when we hit 10 mil? More stretch goals... then what happens when we max those out? Do you think it'll hit 20 million? Do you think there would be even more stretch goals after 20 million?

How long has the compendium been out? and we still have like a month and a half to go... I'm just saying, they could put out more stretch goals and say 20 million is the final stretch goal, every one gets 100 levels added to their compendiums and you can't buy anymore points. What else are they going to do with the money? If it hits 20 million, first place at TI would be 10 million dollars.... they're going to run out of stretch goals, and I don't think people will ever stop giving them money. So do they just leave it open or could they put a limit on it?

yeh it's pretty ridiculous to be honest.

Giving a 17 yo kid 2 million dollars for playing a videogame is borderline irresponsible

Ketch

yeh it's pretty ridiculous to be honest.

Giving a 17 yo kid 2 million dollars for playing a videogame is borderline irresponsible

I'm not even saying that. More power too them. I guess, I'm just wondering (like everybody else), what the hell are they going to do with all this money?

Kioshen

Heck no, nature's prophet job is to splitpush lol.

Turn off chat, acquire gold.

Come gank lanes. Your sprout is good, and any amount of right clicks is helpful in the very early game. Plus the fact that you can tp in anywhere should be abused as quickly as possible instead of just standing in the same spot right clicking creeps.

Split pushing is what he is supposed to do in the mid and late though, don't let anyone tell you different. Unless its like mek team fight np or something.

Thank you this is what I thought.

Not being picked.

dead, that would be the ideal NP.

This is correct.

Man I swear NP is even more hated than Pudge :/

Pratfall

missread your posts then, my bad.

I would be totally psyched for a prophet to build aura and just be a mega farmed support allowing the other supports to go greed/damage items. That would be cool. Too bad it's midas/shadowblade/deso/mjolnir and then they blow up in team fights b/c they have 1000 hp.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, I think the Nintendo Video was the best of the main conferences, but I may be biased. Maybe I'll grab a Wii U this weekend.

Wok

Tidehunter is already a big turtle.

auki8eE.jpg

elyetis

but what are they going to do with 20 million dollars?
Hire more people to work on other project than dota 2, while they keep moving current staff working on dota 2 ( 2 trainee, and only during lunch time ) to other project too. Objective, parity in 2020.

Enco

600 ping last game.

45 ping a quarter of the time.

Lost a game that was completely in our grasp.

So fucking annoying. Easily the worst lag in a game.

elyetis

Seeing that picture, I'm confused at the "only 2" message on it when you can clearly see the eyes inside the barrel on the left of the first techie.
That's not about their number, it's just another proof of me still being to optimist even when I thought it was the opposite. Made it before the qualifier, when some people were "don't complain about the cleaning update, 3 hero are coming in a couple weeks", and strangly enough I thought that it would be only two ( and definitly not techies ).

But I am ashamed to admit that I was wrong, it might actually be 0 till the end of TI4. Laugh at me. :(

ChrisD

holy crap Tinker is sick as soon as you get the BoT is like you are playing another game(eat you rat heart out NP)

I gave him a shot a few days ago, and yeah he's super fun to play as.

Not to go against

But who cares about that

I think the funnest thing is the "infinite" Boots of Travel. I don't even need the Marching Machine spam, just gimme' my infinite teleport scrolls and it's all good.

shira

http://www.esl-one.com/dota2/frankfurt-2014/news/vote-for-your-favorite-rifle-to-appear-in-dota-2/

RTEmagicC_voteitems.jpg.jpg

Vote on your favorite Sniper Rifle for the exclusive VIP ticket holders of ESL-Frankfurt
Bounch!
I was wondering if you guys were able to give one for the fans and the winning team could select one.

Could you inscribe the winning items be classified as Heroic items and it could sort of be like the Aegis of Champions in-game

In the game when you click on the item it shows Navi (or C9 or whoever) wins the ESL-Frankfurt tournament June 29th as sort of a commemoration of such a landmark event. It is the next biggest event outside of TI4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom